Hiya All

uk420man

Hiya, Im uk420man and have been growing constantly for over 20 years to date.
Now my dilemma is my digi ballast has given up on me so im going led mars hydro II

My tent in 8'L x 4'W x 6.6H

I have used for years 2 x 600w on super lumens thus 2 x 660w hps so need comparable units to have the same end result budwise.

My initial choice was 2 x 1200w mars hydro II but after speaking with a grower friend he suggested 4 x 600w units are far better than my choice.

So i'm completely new to this LED lark so everyone please feel free to offer any help and advice to me will be greatly appreciated.

Out:thumb:

Hiya, Im uk420man and have been growing constantly for over 20 years to date.
Now my dilemma is my digi ballast has given up on me so im going led mars hydro II

My tent in 8'L x 4'W x 6.6H

I have used for years 2 x 600w on super lumens thus 2 x 660w hps so need comparable units to have the same end result budwise.

My initial choice was 2 x 1200w mars hydro II but after speaking with a grower friend he suggested 4 x 600w units are far better than my choice.

So i'm completely new to this LED lark so everyone please feel free to offer any help and advice to me will be greatly appreciated.

Out:thumb:

I'd agree with your friend about 4 being better than 2. A single light failure drops your intensity by a quarter rather than in half, and you have so many more options for height and placement.

Welcome, I'll be looking for a grow journal from you, sounds like you'd have a wealth of experience and insight to add to this wonderful community.

:welcome: mate. Nice to meet you:cheer:

Im just going to add my persent grow diary, well thats worng in every sense as i grow perpetually so am always having one on the go.
Ill link it when ive sorted which forum its going in.:thumb:
uk420man

Ok don't take this the wrong way folks but i have listed my diary in in progress and after going over 6 full pages to find my diary i have had lots of veiws without one single comment,:bravo:now i don't expect to be praised for my growing skills or photos but a comment would be good considering i stated soo much detail on my set-up etc.:circle-of-love:
So i didn't come here to get any advice i am stuck in my ways i have grown the exact same way for over the past 5 years and if it ain't broke, don't fix it applies:goodjob: i was only here to offer guidance if needed:high-five: obviously not:thanks: so can someone inform me how to have my account deleted and i'll get on with more important things,:thanks:
Uk420man

Hey Uk420man,

I'm very sorry to have missed the first 6 pages of your journal, I'm going to go find it right now and have a good read.

I think part of the problem is, there are so many journals and without some advertising it's hard to pick one out of the crowd. You can help us to find you by linking to your grow journal in your signature. Instructions on how can be found in my signature.

Off to find it via your recent posts...

Edit: I see what you meant now, not that it's 6 pages long but that it's buried 6 pages in. You can bump it up to the first by adding a new post and it'll move back to page one. It's really all about making it easy to find.

Part of the reason it is buried so far back is because you do not have a link in the bottom of your posts in your signature. This allows people to jump right over to your grow journal when we read on of your posts without having to search for it. I know I am not alone when I say, I am a computer techno-dinosaur. I would guess if you put a link to your journal in your signature, you would see a lot of visitors checking it out, There is a link in my signature explaining in great detail step by step on how to link your grow journal into your signature. Hope this helps you.

Hey uk420man, welcome to :420: I recently swapped my 600-1000w hood/light for the Mars II 1200. If I were you I would get the four light over the two. I like the Mars so far but the footprint is not as large as my hid lighting was. Also the Mars comes with a six foot cord so plan ahead for an extension cord.

Back
Top Bottom