HMG's Hempy Grow 2011 Blue Cheese - Herijuana Jack 33

Re: HMG's Hempy Grow 2011 Blue Cheese, Herijuana Jack 33

Sorry to chime in late on those pics brother, but it looked like a combo of slight burn, AND some sort of lockout, in either case, good call on the flush buddy. I had something identical 2 grows ago, and the ol' "Stickem in the kitchen sink" trick worked wonders for me. Also, are you seeing any gnats?....

I saw the tips burnt and the brown spots on really yellow leaves and thought the same things, so I figured a flush wouldn't hurt. No gnats or any other pest have been seen.

Never to late to chime in. Maybe someone with similar problems will find your post useful. I know I did. :thumb:

Picked up a soil PH meter it is reading in the high 6's looks around 6.7 or 6.8.

Thats PERFECT! :thumb:

6.8 is what I always shoot for, but anywhere in the range of 6.2 to 6.8 is the ideal pH for Cannabis in soil.

Basically, like many plants, Cannabis prefers a slightly alkaline soil and can tolerate pH higher than 6.8, but will do very poorly in an acidic soil, even borderline levels like 5.5 to 5.7.

Day 37 12/12

HJ33
002725.JPG

005628.JPG

009457.JPG

012316.JPG

BC
013312.JPG

014285.JPG

015261.JPG

020160.JPG

026108.JPG

One other thing BPN would you suggest going about three quarter strength nutes till I go for a final flush?

Yes, maybe even half strength. Be sure to add a little grow in your last feed. The biojuice has a lot of seaweed in it which is great for your plants so keep that in the mix. Your buds are looking really good man. They should be really tastey. How much time do you estimate is left?

Yes, maybe even half strength. Be sure to add a little grow in your last feed. The biojuice has a lot of seaweed in it which is great for your plants so keep that in the mix. Your buds are looking really good man. They should be really tastey. How much time do you estimate is left?

I'm going to say they have around 20 days or so left. The description was 7 to 8 week strain.

Do you know anything about the 40:60 Rule? Thank you TorturedSoul

If this is true and my BC stretched for 19 days then it should be ready at 47.5days. I just don't think that will happen.

You say add grow in the last feeding I will be feeding on Saturday maybe Sunday. Half would be 2.5ml Grow 10ml Bloom 2.5ml micro and 2ml each of K-Bud, Bio-Juice, and Dark Matter. Is this what you are suggesting or should I go full strenght on the grow and half everything else.

I'm guessing if they go 20 more days I would only be feeding two maybe three more times before flushing.

I have never heard of the 40:60 rule and I just read a little about it from your link. I have always observed that my plants usually stop stretching at about the halfway point so that sounds about right. I always just go with the color of the trichomes. I prefer more of a body high so I usually let them go for as long as I can. Your feed program sounds about right. You have to remember that with organics, nutrients tend to accumulate in the soil because they are not all soluble and as they are broken down, they become available to the plant. That is why it is very important to pay close attention to your plants and modify your feed schedule to fit what they want.

I'm going to say they have around 20 days or so left. The description was 7 to 8 week strain.

Do you know anything about the 40:60 Rule? Thank you TorturedSoul

If this is true and my BC stretched for 19 days then it should be ready at 47.5days. I just don't think that will happen.

You say add grow in the last feeding I will be feeding on Saturday maybe Sunday. Half would be 2.5ml Grow 10ml Bloom 2.5ml micro and 2ml each of K-Bud, Bio-Juice, and Dark Matter. Is this what you are suggesting or should I go full strenght on the grow and half everything else.

I'm guessing if they go 20 more days I would only be feeding two maybe three more times before flushing.

Feed both plants half strength yesterday. Losing the battle with the HJ33, BC looks a little better less leaf loss.

HMG, I have some easy advice to make your nutes work better. This is what I do all the time. I mix my nutes with water and then add some molasses. I then aerate the mix for 48 hours. 24 hours will work but 48 is much better. In fact, what I do is always keep a 5 gallon bucket with nutes mixed and aerated at all times and when I feed, I scoop out what I need and them add more nutes and top back off with water. I use a timer on my air pump that comes on every 30 min and then off for 30 min. That system works really badass...for real. You should try it. I get really good results using it like that. That way, you are adding aerated water to your plants and the organic matter is broken down even further.

Feed both plants half strength yesterday. Losing the battle with the HJ33, BC looks a little better less leaf loss.

I still think that a lot of what you are seeing is just normal behavior for a plant towards the end of flowering.

Just look at how my Blueberry Kush plants looked at this stage... They had lost nearly all of their fan leaves and by harvest day, all that is usually left on the plant are the flower buds themselves.

You can't expect the plants to look pristine like they do during the height of veg when they are this close to harvest. That is just not the way they look at the end. The plant is basically pouring everything it has into ripening those flower buds, so as long as the buds themselves continue to swell and add more trichomes, and retain their green appearance, you should just let nature take its course. :thumb:

The worst thing you can do is pour a bunch of nutes in them trying to reverse a natural process.

HMG, I have some easy advice to make your nutes work better. This is what I do all the time. I mix my nutes with water and then add some molasses. I then aerate the mix for 48 hours. 24 hours will work but 48 is much better. In fact, what I do is always keep a 5 gallon bucket with nutes mixed and aerated at all times and when I feed, I scoop out what I need and them add more nutes and top back off with water. I use a timer on my air pump that comes on every 30 min and then off for 30 min. That system works really badass...for real. You should try it. I get really good results using it like that. That way, you are adding aerated water to your plants and the organic matter is broken down even further.

I will give it a try. :thumb:

I still think that a lot of what you are seeing is just normal behavior for a plant towards the end of flowering.

Just look at how my Blueberry Kush plants looked at this stage... They had lost nearly all of their fan leaves and by harvest day, all that is usually left on the plant are the flower buds themselves.

You can't expect the plants to look pristine like they do during the height of veg when they are this close to harvest. That is just not the way they look at the end. The plant is basically pouring everything it has into ripening those flower buds, so as long as the buds themselves continue to swell and add more trichomes, and retain their green appearance, you should just let nature take its course. :thumb:

The worst thing you can do is pour a bunch of nutes in them trying to reverse a natural process.

I agree with what you are saying, I just don't think that is the case with the HJ. When my batteries are charged I will take pics.

I will give it a try. :thumb:

I agree with what you are saying, I just don't think that is the case with the HJ. When my batteries are charged I will take pics.

Sounds good HMG!

I'm just basing my comments on the last round of photos you posted and to me, that looks like your typical flowering behavior. I would just continue to trim the yellowing leaves back to help get more light onto the buds. I've found that a lot of this seems to be the plant's effort to open its own canopy to more light for the middle and lower bud sites.

I'll look forward to seeing photos of the plant right now to see if they look like how I would expect a normal plant to look at this stage.

Hang in there! :thumb:

Sounds good HMG!

I'm just basing my comments on the last round of photos you posted and to me, that looks like your typical flowering behavior. I would just continue to trim the yellowing leaves back to help get more light onto the buds. I've found that a lot of this seems to be the plant's effort to open its own canopy to more light for the middle and lower bud sites.

I'll look forward to seeing photos of the plant right now to see if they look like how I would expect a normal plant to look at this stage.

Hang in there! :thumb:

I really hope that I am wrong and just overreacting. The thing is the BC clone I put into flowering 22 days ago is starting to show almost the same thing. Makes me think something else, maybe a P deficiency.

HMG
I'm starting to see the same thing on one of my flowering girls at day 26. I agree with GG7 and thinks its normal for end of life. but keep in mind I'm a newbie and this is my 1st grow so take my opinion with a grain of pollen:peace:

I can see why you would be concerned though HMG. The leaves that make up the flower buds are a bit more yellow/green than I would expect or want at this stage. The pistils still have a ways to go based on the photos, so it is somewhat of a worry.

Have you given any thought towards a transplant into a larger pot with at least a third more volume than the current pot? I know that it is a somewhat drastic measure, but when one of my three original GDP clones started having similar issues after only 3 weeks into flower and after exhausting all the usual treatments, I transplanted it into a 25 gallon pot.

It was already in a 10, so I didn't have too many options with size. Fortunately, I was fortunate to have a new 25 gallon fiber pot that I purchased on sale for use with our Tomatoe crop for next year. The transplant definitely helped improve the plant's condition and it is doing 100% better than before I transplanted it.

If you can accommodate the plant with a larger pot, I would seriously suggest that you consider such a move!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I can see why you would be concerned though HMG. The leaves that make up the flower buds are a bit more yellow/green than I would expect or want at this stage. The pistils still have a ways to go based on the photos, so it is somewhat of a worry.

Have you given any thought towards a transplant into a larger pot with at least a third more volume than the current pot? I know that it is a somewhat drastic measure, but when one of my three original GDP clones started having similar issues after only 3 weeks into flower and after exhausting all the usual treatments, I transplanted it into a 25 gallon pot.

It was already in a 10, so I didn't have too many options with size. Fortunately, I was fortunate to have a new 25 gallon fiber pot that I purchased on sale for use with our Tomatoe crop for next year. The transplant definitely helped improve the plant's condition and it is doing 100% better than before I transplanted it.

If you can accommodate the plant with a larger pot, I would seriously suggest that you consider such a move!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I wish I could accommodate a larger pot, no such luck though. I need to figure this out though cause like I said the BC clone that is 22 days into flowering is starting to show some signs also.

I'll just keep trucking along. I topped each of the two tops on the BC mother today, and she will be able to give a few more clones in a week or so. I'll just try a couple different things and see what works.

That looks like textbook phosphorus deficiency to me. I am hesitant to tell you to add more fertilizer because that could potentially exacerbate the problem. One problem might be that there are too many salts in your soil and could be causing the phosphate to become chemically bound and unavailable to the plants. If that is the case, then adding more fertilizer whether it be BPN bloom or a chemical fertilizer that is high in P will add more salts to the soil and potentially burn your leaves. Is that plant grown using only organics or did it have chemical fert at all? A chemical fert that is high in Phosphorus might be good for your plants if there is not much salt build up or high levels of calcium in your soil. High levels of calcium can be causing the available phosphate to precipate out as calcium phosphate in your soil. The FP bloom supplies the bulk of the phosphorus through High P bat guano, steamed bone meal, and soft rock phosphate. It is composted so the bat guano will be immediately available but the P from the bone meal and rock phosphate is a slow release source of P. Keeping your nutrients mixed and aerated with a little sugar to feed the microbes will help more of the phosphate to become available because the microbes are decomposing the organic matter. I hope that we can solve this problem quickly! Let me know what other products you have used on this plant and maybe I can offer a solution.

I wish I could accommodate a larger pot, no such luck though. I need to figure this out though cause like I said the BC clone that is 22 days into flowering is starting to show some signs also.

I'll just keep trucking along. I topped each of the two tops on the BC mother today, and she will be able to give a few more clones in a week or so. I'll just try a couple different things and see what works.

Forgive me if you already mentioned this somewhere, but when you were flushing these previously, were you using Clearex or the home made version of the same that I posted the recipe for a while back in my journal?

BPN's suggestion about some form of nute lockout occurring is very likely what is going on. A transplant would go along way to resolving this problem since the new soil would help dilute the built up salts, but if you can't do that, then a Clearex flush would help to free at least some of those salts from the soil and perhaps flush a lot of it away and return the soil to a more nuetral state where the plant can once again absorb what you are trying to feed it.

You could even go as far as flushing with Clearex twice within a 2-3 hour period. Can you take the plant outside or put it in a sink where you can then do an extended DRIP FLUSH with plain water for a few hours? You would want to adjust the tap to deliver just enough water that the pot remains full to the brim but not overflowing and let that go for several hours non-stop. This is why you would need to do this outside or in a sink with a drain cause we are talking about A LOT of water!

You could never flush this thoroughly just using a watering can. It would take you forver to push 30-50 gallons of water through the soil that way, and you couldn't maintain the downward pressure that the drip technique can generate.

I recently installed a garden hose fitting on the bathroom sink in my Bloom Room turned veg room so I have this option myself should the need arise at some point in the future.

HMG. Try this: add about 2 ounces of bloom directly to your soil and nothing else. Water in. Do this to both plants. Don't add any more k bud. If the bloom starts to clear this up, you can add more with next feed. I slept on this and I think it will work. Those plants need phosphate. Be sure to shake the bloom well.

Back
Top Bottom