Hmmm

Emilya, on Jan. 21 I asked if you could help with a definition of "signs of distress" (pertaining to root-bound). You replied,
not being able to uptake water and showing signs of macro nutrient deficiencies
. Your determination was that my plants were not root-bound.

Far be it from me to question the "Cannabis Queen" :) but I did more research, and discovered some helpful info on the Royal Queen Seeds Website. According to the good folks there, signs of being root-bound can mimic nute burn and/or deficiencies. If the pH is correct, the nute program is okay and overwatering is not an issue, then the plant may be root-bound. Another sign of being root-bound in my case is that I have trouble inserting the probes of my soil moisture meter due to the dense root ball. In addition, these plants need water every 2-3 days. And, once the plants were chopped on my last grow, I could grab the stump and literally lift the root balls out of the pots. These plants were just flushed today in preparation to being chopped, as they're mature and ready so I suppose the point is moot for this current grow. But I'm looking down the road. I've been using #3 nursery containers (3 gallons) so next time I think I'll go to #5 pots, and go with air or smart pots. I've been getting about an ounce of bud per plant, not bad at all for autos under T5 HO fluorescents but I'm reaching for that magic 1.5 ounces per plant. Perhaps with larger grow containers my dreams will come true.

Back
Top Bottom