Hodder's Scrog - MK Ultra - Soil - HPS - Air Pot

:welcome:
Day 57 of 12/12 - Trichome check :thumb:

Hey all 420er's out there! Today I did a trichome check with the USB microscope and it looks like I may harvest earlier than I thought! based on these shots I've got some clear, cloudy, and amber trichomes. I'm going to check another bud tomorrow just to be sure but it looks like it could be this week that I harvest. She has been on water only with no nutrients for about 10 days now so all is going smooth. She will be put into darkness before the harvest as usual. If anybody has thoughts on these pics feel free to chime in. See ya soon everyone and happy growing!

33317.jpg

333331.jpg

33334.jpg

333333.jpg

Stay tuned everyone! I'll post some pics of the tent tomorrow!
:peace:

very nice mate,

dont be to worried about the free auto seed, you could even grow it near a window as it will grow under any light schedule, from my own experience i have found that they grow much better with a dark period, when i first started growing autos everyone said they grow best under 24-0 from seed to harvest, well i did that and was dissapointed with yields between 3g and 14g dry, so i played around with the same strains and grew some under 12-12 from seed to harvest, then i was shocked to find that the plant grew like crazy and produced over 2.5oz dry, other auto strains gave similar results, so now i use 18-6 or 12-12 from seed to harvest and now the results are worth the time taken to grow, i certainly wont use 24-0 again for any autos, it keeps the plants small and yields are way to small,

i think autos mature due to age in light hours and not age in days, if it was age in days then they will not flower under 24-0 as they would not know what a day is, so giving them a dark period slows down the rate it matures but it dont slow down growth, so constant light makes them start flowering sooner and reach harvest soon, but giving them a dark period each days makes the grow time a bit longer but the plants gets much bigger and yields are more than worth the extra time, i was going to give up on autos until i threw some in when i was flowering my other plants as i then found out they can produce well,

Day 66 of 12/12 :bong:

Well hello all! I've been watching and waiting and my "ugly duckling turning swan" scrog is still not quite ready yet. I am a big fan of the couch lock/sedative effects from our glorious friend cannabis, so I am waiting for a few more ambers throughout, very soon though. As I keep saying I love growing in the cold weather, makes for some very pretty buds!

A few things I have realized this grow: I had my lights way too low for a period in my tent, I had read the chart KJC posts a lot, and put my lights at the height for 150 watts, but since I have TWO OF THOSE lol, I should of had my light up much higher for the 300 watts, contributing to the burnt leaves. Also I will be going for a more gradual build up of nutrients like I had in my last grow, I gave this plant nothing and then in the middle of flowering I must of shocked her. Also I'm going to put a fan in the bottom of my next scrog to keep more air moving, just to be safe. I can only imagine how gorgeous these buds would be without the burnt yellow leaves. Thank weedness that the buds are holding up great, nice and fat and frosty. Try not to look at the dog hair plaguing my photos lol, that exhaust fan just sucks it in every time I open the tent lol.

DSCN03827.JPG

DSCN03838.JPG

DSCN038412.JPG

DSCN038512.JPG

DSCN03867.JPG

DSCN03877.JPG

DSCN038810.JPG

DSCN03898.JPG

DSCN039010.JPG

DSCN039112.JPG

DSCN039211.JPG

DSCN039311.JPG

DSCN03948.JPG

DSCN03958.JPG

DSCN039610.JPG

DSCN03978.JPG

DSCN03987.JPG

DSCN039910.JPG

DSCN04007.JPG

DSCN04017.JPG

DSCN040212.JPG

DSCN040310.JPG

DSCN040412.JPG

DSCN04058.JPG

I think she will be going into darkness in a few days for sure this time, That 70 days has been the magic number a lot for me lol. I'll post one more trichome update before harvest day update to show my cloudy/amber ratios. Keep it cool everyone and happy growing!

holy s brother I got a couple of mks myself and I hope they look as nice as those did must be seeing cold nights those leaves have some nice color to you, a nice deep puple in some shots and the close ups are just awesome brother

Day 67 of 12/12 Trichome Check :rollit:

So here is a quick trichome check again, still waiting for the right levels of amber for my tastes. Everything is pretty cloudy, buds are still swelling so I am happy to wait! Stick around for the harvest update everyone, happy growing!

tri12.jpg

tri12.jpg

Pretty crazy how deeply purple these leaves are...​

tri123.jpg

These pics were taken from a slightly lower bud, but the top colas are not too much further along, I hate the idea of a two step harvest so I'll wait. I've learned my scrogging lesson of really trying to keep the canopy level, the next one will be better lol.​

Yup jassa, its official, after lights out tonight she will get total darkness until Monday morning! So from 8am Saturday to Monday will be total darkness. I can already feel my hand cramping lol.......stay tuned!
:) Niiice! And congrats on a very successfull grow!

Looking forward to monday, and i wanna see some more pictures =)

Only have 7 days left on my girls, no darktime for mine though, had some mold on my biggest bud last time!! But just one topcola.

Day 71 Harvest Update Part 1 :high-five:

Hello All! Thanks for the kind words my dutch friend! Here we are at harvest finally lol. She spent 70 days in 12/12, and about 36 hours in the dark! So 71 days in our flowering cycle, not too shabby. My trichomes are right where I like them, about 50/50 amber/cloudy. I started harvesting today and my back and hand started hurting so Im going to finish tomorrow lol. I took most of the big colas down and will trim up everything else tomorrow. Since I still have some from my last scrog, Im being a little more selective of the buds for jars and the trim for hash. I'm going to get a nice set of bubble bags this round to make some true hash with all the precious trim I have. Here are just a few pics from today, more to come tomorrow!

DSCN040710.JPG

DSCN04089.JPG

DSCN040911.JPG

DSCN041010.JPG

DSCN041112.JPG

DSCN041212.JPG

DSCN041310.JPG

So these are not my best bud shots, not great lighting in my kitchen, but I tried lol. The leaves make her look shabby, but once trimmed I was very happy with her.

DSCN041514.JPG

DSCN041715.JPG

DSCN041810.JPG

DSCN041911.JPG

DSCN04209.JPG

DSCN04219.JPG

DSCN04229.JPG

DSCN042311.JPG

DSCN042410.JPG

DSCN042510.JPG

She's definitely no PotM winner lol, but she came out nice. Nice purple hue on the buds to wow all my friends lol. Hopefully she is as potent as she is pretty lol. So stick around for the harvest part 2 update tomorrow with some shots of my drying chamber and lots more bud shots. If I left out any important info feel free to yell at me lol. See everyone tomorrow! happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom