Holy! they lived

PnkHolofDeath

:lot-o-toke:Ok so i got this DWC set up in my closet right, 10 plants 3 strains (3 wonderwoman/3 purepowerplant/ 4 ak48) and just ran into a MAJOR ACCIDENT where my WHOLE SETUP took a 6 foot crash.:lot-o-toke: I had three res. smash down and spill all over my bedroom. This all just happened this morning so any help on this subject would be GREATLY apprecaited! :lot-o-toke: the plants are in 5 inch net pots and only about 2 or 3 three of the 10 actually still had some hydroton in the pot after the crash, after recovering the hydroton washing it and removing most of the root and leaf matter out i put it back into the pot stand the plants up the best i could and gave them a fresh batch of nutes.

I fugured this is this best i could do for them right now and would just have to see how they recover. The only real damage (other then to the roots)i had seen was to one of the PPPlants had broken the tip (had never seen this before but the stem looked like it had actually exploded!) so i cut it off and went to breakfast. Got back from breakfast and 9 out of 10 stood right back up! truely amazing! these plants are f#$king troopers!! the only one that didn't stand back up was the one i cut (ppp) and upon futher examination it had broke/exploded in two other places lower on the stalk..so i cut her again and am hoping for the best :lot-o-toke:

now I guess i just wait..but i know im not outta the woods yet lol..and i have major newb what if syndrome lol..i had a buddy tell me not to worry about it and that i probly wont even be able to tell it happened in 4 err 5 daysand i didnt believe him left and came back and they all (but 1) stood back up!

I guess my main concern is the stuff i wasnt able get out of the hydroton..Should i wait a few days and then try and replace it/transplant them? I have read some post on here about how stuff cought in pumps causing ph level spikes. The plants are 1 month old fem seeds. would this be a good or a bad time to take clones. Im kind of worried they might die and would really like to keep that exact strain/genitics going (they were all looking soo fabulious)

This is kind of left field and chancey IMO but what about trying to clone the whole plant? to start a whole new root system? i dont think this would work? any opinions or ideas would awesome tho! Happy holidays! hope yours were better then mine! lol :lot-o-toke:

Re: Holy craphole! they lived???!!

One more question i have on this subject would be does anybody have any tips on transplanting when using a DWC set up and the roots have gripped the net pot..getting them out doesn't seem like it would be that hard but what about getting the into the new net pots? on some of these plants the roots have reached 20-25 inches..i think it would be too much to just leave in the bottom of the pots?

Update on the cut PPP, has been cut down to the 4 noid/branch and there is no healthy water/fans leaves at this level, i'm not sure how much this going to affect recovery but my newb little fingers are crossed and wishn the best.

Any help or ideas are encoraged and hoped for!

Re: Holy! they lived?!

So i've relized i'm probly not getting any replys due to the lack of pics, details and that nobody here knows me (sorry guys fer i don't have a good camera) no biggie..

Re: Holy! they lived?!

I think i might just start a new thread? i dunno..small update on on my ladys (hopefully they will all be ladys :bitingnails:) they were fem seeds and i've have heard that these have a higher chance of turning hermy due to stress? more questions on this later..so i have changed the res. twice since my crash terrible crash and have noticed that the roots have taken most of the damage, not knowing anything happened and looking at the plants it would almost be hard to tell that anything happened! I'm soo relieved!! These plants are truely frickn troopers! I have gotton these from nirvana and would recommend them to anybody! Well i guess the proof will be to see how many of the babes actually turn into fine young ladys. Anyways onto the damage Starting with the WonderWoman these plants are amazing! there might have been like five or so leaves that broke out of the three whole plants (one them is two days behind the other two) and the roots might have lost 10-20%, root hairs are still visable, even after the fall these are very hearty plants and are about 8-10 inches.

The AK-48s appear to have taken it the worst overall..(although i don't really think its a completely even compairo due to health before the accident, two of the four had signs of nute burn and were not completely heathly) Very little of the root hairs are visable, colors are sliding from a healthy looking darker shade of white to a not so healthy looking light brown (not slimey or stinky) and a fair amout of the veg growth (15-20%) has been broken or damaged.

PurePowerPlant also a very hearty plant (although quite a bit shorter then the other strains, tallest is about 6-7 compared to 10-11..more indica dom?) Two of these plants appeared as nothing had happened! Root hairs and overall root health is the best out of them all and still very white. One of the plants did take some pretty bad veg damage and had to be cut down to about 3 inches due to stems/stalks breaking/exploding. This plant seems to be doing ok and some of the smaller growth is doing very good.

So more on my set up

Strain: 3 PPP, 3WW and 4 AK-48 fem seeds from nirvana

Age: All but one AK-48 were plants directly in rockwool on 12/1, 10 seed (ak-48) planted on 12/3, all broke soil (err soiless mix in this case lol) in 24-30 hrs

Space (for now):2' x 4' in a 2' x 8' closet

Soil or hydro:plain ol DWC hydro in hydroton

Growing Containers: 24" x 16" Ten gallon rubermaid totes w. six holes in each (had two but expanded two three due to crowding)

Nutes: 1 part NSR Greenleaves; Grow juice, Boost juice and bloom juice (when i flippm to 12 12) Any thoughts on additives here? things that might be added?? this seems to be doing pretty good but i'm open to any ideas here. Currently mixing at about 3/4 strenghth grow juice or about 1500ppm including tap ppm and full strenght boost juice

Lighting: 4' T8 two fixtures, 4 bulbs total 2 in 6500k spectrum and 2 in a 4000k for a 5250k total? (please correct me if im wrong! im am here to learn!)32w bulbs 128w total, currently are set to 18 light 6 dark.

PH:Tap water is about 6.8 when freshly mixed with 3/4 grow juice nutes and boost juice is about 5.6-5.8 low enough IMO that no futher adjustment is needed, resiv is drained into larger container to give roots air and for PH adjustment at least once a day.

Res. temps: 60-65 deg f (kept a little cooler w. coleman cooler helpers)

Room temp: 68-75 deg f

RH:60-75%

Odor control: ONA in cups behind fans

Things soon to come: 180-240 GLH light WOOT! Light mover WOOT! 4' w 7' l 5.5' h grow space WOOT! Mini co2 generator WOOT! co2/hum/temp controller WOOT! Then if this setup treats me good i will probly get 1 or 2 more of those lights keep them on a mover just have them move just a few inches back and forth in hopes of keeping coverage AND intensity at max level. I think this grow space is going rival the best and most steathly grow set ups there is..well beside having false inside walls or hidden floor compartments. Im going to turn my bed into a fricken badas@ super nugger making machine!! WUhahaWUhahahahahaaaaaaaa! just wait...you'll see :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom