Home Depot T5 vs. ?

cannabaliciou

So I was at Home Depot today and was looking at there T5 lights. You can purchase a 4' 8 bulb for around $80. I would like some feedback on what everyone thinks about these compared to paying upwards of $300 for 1-T5 grow light. I am having a hard time justifying paying that much for 2 fixtures but maybe the payoff is worth it? T;)hanks all

you might also look into these cfl's at home depot for flowering.
TCP SpringLight 68-Watt (300W) Soft White Household CFL Light Bulb (1-Pack)
Actual Color Temperature (K) : 2700 °F
$14.97 /EA-Each
i have a couple supplementing my 400w hps and they seem to do well
Wink

So I was at Home Depot today and was looking at there T5 lights. You can purchase a 4' 8 bulb for around $80. I would like some feedback on what everyone thinks about these compared to paying upwards of $300 for 1-T5 grow light. I am having a hard time justifying paying that much for 2 fixtures but maybe the payoff is worth it? T;)hanks all

There is a WORLD of difference between HD's T-5's (27w IIRC) and T-5 HO (55w).

No, you cannot run a HO bulb in a standard T-5 fixture.:hmmmm:

I use 2 of the 2bulb-2' PLL-55w (10,000 lumens, 5000/bulb) from HTG and they cost like $70 each.

DD

HD has them, I was looking also till I did my research and found out they are standard T-5's and not the HO you need for growing.

DD

DD is on point with this one...
Dont waste your money on the t5s from Home Depot. They're not ho and they're worthless as far being a grow light.
I also agree with DD on the pll Tek 2 from HTG. In fact I dont think there's a better grow light in the 100 watt class that can outgrow the tek 2 which is 110 watts. I have one for my mamas and the results speak for themselves

IMG_143610.JPG

Bandit

Those suckers are bright aren't they? LOL

Still use HID's for flower, but for vegging, they are the best thing going.

DD

Bandit

Those suckers are bright aren't they? LOL

Still use HID's for flower, but for vegging, they are the best thing going.

DD

Yeah bro I cant believe the firepower these lights have! :high-five:
They blow my old 400 watt MH out of the water with explosive growth. On top of that the heat is no worry what so ever.
Then the operating cost of 400 watts compared to 110 is a nice $ saver too. I think these lights are the closest thing to a t5vho in a 2 foot light we can find available. With it only being $69 makes me feel like I stole it lol!
I use hids too for flowering. I also have a 4' 6 bulb t5ho for vegging clones. If I did'nt already have that 4 footer I would definately buy another tek 2 or the new tek 4 HTG has available.

Thanks for all the info. I guess I will spend the extra $s and go H.O. No sense spending money than regretting it and rebuying the right stuff, Ive done enough of that already lol.:Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom