Home Made Stainless Steel BHO Tube

twnewell

Finished this yesterday. Its 17" long 7/8" inside diameter and all stainless steel. Any thoughts or opinions on this?

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Finished this yesterday. Its 17" long 7/8" inside diameter and all stainless steel. Any thoughts or opinions on this?

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg
It will work. Nice job if you did that!!. As long as you have no cracks, the hole at the tip is a perfect fit for the butane can, and you have a good strap to put on there to ensure no blowouts. You should be good.

Snag a 25 micron metal mesh. Then put 3 coffee filters under the metal mesh, strap her on and blast away! Next one you make, make a 1 1/4 inch diameter at 24 inch's long. This will allow you to get roughly 3.5-4 ounces of material in the column. :snowboating: :green_heart:

To this day I have my guys always spec blast with a glass tube, prior to a full 20 lb. Blast. Ya never know with new genetics if it's worth while washing..

Here's a random of 1 of my 10 lbs rigs. This is one I have set in the back corner and it only gets used for crude when the ones are down for maintenance in the lab at the front of the building. . ( "crude", For distillate) I have a few 120 lb. 2.5 instrument butane tanks (Can't get any better then 2.5 instrument!! ) if you have any questions at anytime about BHO or c02 or even basic extraction, please feel free to post here or PM me. I'll be glad to help, I've been at the concentrate game for a while now. (9 years) :snowboating: :green_heart: :welldone:

Attachments

• 20190513_144321.jpg
    20190513_144321.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 20190515_120917.jpg
    20190515_120917.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 283
A quick and probably stupid question, Can i use c02 for extraction from a tank i have kicking around? I have a regulator on the thank, and have a metal lathe welders and what not, can i just run the c02 through the tube instead of the butane? I'm not worried at the moment about saving the c02 that comes from the end of the tube.

Like i said, stupid question, but you don't learn without asking.

A quick and probably stupid question, Can i use c02 for extraction from a tank i have kicking around? I have a regulator on the thank, and have a metal lathe welders and what not, can i just run the c02 through the tube instead of the butane? I'm not worried at the moment about saving the c02 that comes from the end of the tube.

Not a stupid question at all my friend!

You most certainly can do that. Just make sure to do each process carefully. It will be very costly, due to losing all your hydrocarbon.. Depended on how much material you want to run. MedXtractor offers a few small set ups. Or idea's anyways (lol).. I'd be careful tho. If you have the expertise in dealing with c02 under pressure, and extracting might as well give it a (careful) shot.. but try out the 5oz medxtractor if you can also. :green_heart: :snowboating:

That's interesting for sure. I'll have to google a bunch of this, then figure way to make one of these, or at least learn if i want to devote this much time and material to making my own setup. I like to make all my own gear if at all possible.

It's always worth it in the end if done right! After all, it's your medicine! Good luck and if you have any stumbles along your concentrate journey, you know where to find me. Cheers :green_heart: :snowboating: :Namaste: ;)

A quick and probably stupid question, Can i use c02 for extraction from a tank i have kicking around? I have a regulator on the thank, and have a metal lathe welders and what not, can i just run the c02 through the tube instead of the butane? I'e. not worried at the moment about saving the c02 that comes from the end of the tube.

If you are trying to get away from butane try pentane. It boils at 89 F so you can condense it with a coil in a ice-bath which makes recovery quite easy. It is more costly than butane ($80 for 4L regent grade; then I distill it; cheaper than 98%+ for $65/L) but it is much easier to handle especially since handling it in liquid form involves keeping it below 89F, unlike butane which involves keeping it under pressure. A vacuum purge works well with this but a heat gun or heating the wax while fixing up a few vape cartridges removes any hydrocarbons very well.

If you are trying to get away from butane try pentane. It boils at 89 F so you can condense it with a coil in a ice-bath which makes recovery quite easy. It is more costly than butane ($80 for 4L regent grade; then I distill it; cheaper than 98%+ for $65/L) but it is much easier to handle especially since handling it in liquid form involves keeping it below 89F, unlike butane which involves keeping it under pressure. A vacuum purge works well with this but a heat gun or heating the wax while fixing up a few vape cartridges removes any hydrocarbons very well.
Pentane leaves a awful streak in your finished product tho. You can see the "oil slick" across your slabs. And when you have 900 gram slabs,, it's grose. :sorry:

Pentane leaves a awful streak in your finished product tho. You can see the "oil slick" across your slabs. And when you have 900 gram slabs,, it's grose. :sorry:
That may be especially if you are using 95% straight from the bottle w/o distilling it; that 5% is something else is it not? In fact that oil streak is very likely that 5% that should have been left behind in the flask after distillation, but for my purposes, it works great.
Perhaps one day when I get my lathes out of storage (80-year-old father's garage) I'll make a butane system but for now, I'm not going to play with butane without a recovery tank.
For what you do, commercial quantities, I'd certainly use the most cost-efficient solvent that produces what the market wants.
I've started a lab fire via static electricity and ether (I had stopped using ether by then but it was a customer request to use it, and a couple of other "twists" as well, btw toluene produces a much cleaner and prettier product); butane is notorious for that as well ;) if one doesn't recover the butane.
Sure, I could purchase a closed system but that seems kind of pricey just for personal consumption and an open system just seems to be just too unsafe.

toluene produces a much cleaner and prettier product);
You realize how regulated the sale of toluene is in pretty much every country though right? You might have the feds come round thinking you have a meth lab if you do that and aren't a painter.
Secondly ethyl ether is so hard to come by as a normal person and is way more dangerous than butane imo, it's tendency to search for an ignition source and all... Soda stream cannisters is basically a premade closed collum just need to keep the gas liquid so you can pour it out to evap

You realize how regulated the sale of toluene is in pretty much every country though right? You might have the feds come round thinking you have a meth lab if you do that and aren't a painter.
Secondly ethyl ether is so hard to come by as a normal person and is way more dangerous than butane imo, it's tendency to search for an ignition source and all... Soda stream cannisters is basically a premade closed collum just need to keep the gas liquid so you can pour it out to evap
Ever heard of Menards? Toluene is not regulated in the United States.
Ether? Auto parts stores or even your corner gas station sell ether. Removal of the "Upper cylinder lubricate" is a simple distillation.
Here in the United States, there are absolutely no issues obtaining either of these. You could even buy both at Menards. BTW if you are using soda stream canisters instead of getting cylinders at a welding supply, you are just throwing money away.

Back
Top Bottom