Home Test for CBD & THC

How were your tests run and what name brand equipment or kit were you using Bluter? -- Now by the look of most of the grows here -- it may well be for the "home grower" but the quantities portrayed in most of these "home grows" far exceeds the need of any one person. Plus grows cost money , so we are indeed not just growing for personal needs - we do not need to kid ourselves..

And yes my test is the one hitter , for my personal preferences -- but my fellow consumers can't just rely on my word... Like I sed guru's there's a 30 day return policy -- Go to dispensary with med card - purchase several test "samples" and see what the Tcheck device sez compared to the % stated on any one sample.. And that'll tell me to either keep or return the device..

And if it works - it would be helpful with dosing the edibles. Plus the convenience of not having to wait on a "lab"...

With all the shams out there -- some labs out there could just be some guy with a bong and a dart board...Just because you have shiny advertisements doesn't necessarily equate to legitimacy.

Once in a while ya just gotta try the odd one -- maybe it'll be a good report..

Happy Growing

MotaMan

How were your tests run and what name brand equipment or kit were you using Bluter?

the lab tests we had to submit samples to a company in ottawa. the site testing kits came from another company based in ontario. the test kits just came in plain white packaging. nothing distinct, but it was technically pre-legal. they weren't a market product per se.

tests are probably about the same as they are now. decarbing in a test paper and comparing the result to a color chart. entirely the same as reading the old ph strips. results varied the same. there wasn't much to them.

we didn't get kits to test any oils or extract. i doubt they even had an easy tech for it then. it's well over decade now.

Thanks for the reply -- this system uses light in some manor - reading a solution. I saw something similar at a CannaCon convention but that gizmo could do dry samples - but I cannot remember the company.

Waiting on the shipment -- will let ya all know the results..

Happy Growing

MotaMan

interested to see what the tech is like. with the one we used you had to make an aluminium foil envelope then decarb some bud folded in test paper inside the envelope.

Well it has arrived all -- gonna do a small sample of one of my different strains that I grew . And then will purchase some "test" samples from a local dispensary to test against their % printed on the package. The device looks well made

But to the tech side I believe there is a laser in this gizmo and it reads the solution, because different chemicals give off different light spectrums - that is my belief..

I will let all know

Happy Growing

MotaMan

Post Script : Latest auto grow harvested and anxious to test

Well it has arrived all -- gonna do a small sample of one of my different strains that I grew . And then will purchase some "test" samples from a local dispensary to test against their % printed on the package. The device looks well made

But to the tech side I believe there is a laser in this gizmo and it reads the solution, because different chemicals give off different light spectrums - that is my belief..

I will let all know

Happy Growing

MotaMan

Post Script : Latest auto grow harvested and anxious to test

that's light years beyond what we had lol
interested in the results. thanks for posting.

Well folks the Tcheck has arrived -- in the expansion package they give you a scale (left) , lg / sml syringes , small syringe filters , the actual testing device (lit up) , testing tray , and carrying case.

I tested the raw flower and the device gave a reading of 14.9 total cannabinoids and since there are no CBD or CBDA the main % represents the THCA. This device was dead on .. But I will test other product and such.. It does have a +/- of 3% so I will run other dispensary tests and let you all know..

I hope this helps

Happy Growing

MotaMan

IMG_3684.JPEG

IMG_3686.JPEG

I've done a second test of the Tcheck device -- the dispensary sample sed 23.96% THCA --- and the Tcheck came in at 21.4% total cannabinoids - which is within the 3 +/- % of the device..

And I'm pretty sure even the test results posted on any given dispensary product has a +/- % of accuracy..
So at this point in time I am pretty happy with the device.. I really only purchased it to test my raw bud -- and it has done it's job ..

I will run a couple of more dispensary tests and post the results -- Happy Growing

I've done a second test of the Tcheck device -- the dispensary sample sed 23.96% THCA --- and the Tcheck came in at 21.4% total cannabinoids - which is within the 3 +/- % of the device..

And I'm pretty sure even the test results posted on any given dispensary product has a +/- % of accuracy..
So at this point in time I am pretty happy with the device.. I really only purchased it to test my raw bud -- and it has done it's job ..

I will run a couple of more dispensary tests and post the results -- Happy Growing
Hey there MM, may I ask, how are you finding the Tcheck since your last posting? Any more info? I'm seriously thinking of putting down on one of these, but by the time it lands here in NZ, the cost is up there, so don't want to make a big. mistake.
I would love to be able to know the strength of my bud/butter/oil etc. Would make it easier when trying to dose my edibles without then being either disappointed one way or another.

Sax - I've keep using the Tcheck and keep getting good results.. I've tested my grows against what was the purported THC % advertised in the seed's advertisement and am still getting results within the +/- 3 %.. tests I've done have given %'s either spot on or slightly above % stated -- so if I get a 20% -- I'll list as 18-19.. Again the % on the dispensary packages also operate within a +/- of error....

I have two more dispensary samples coming in today I hope and will be testing those -- I will post the results received.. only problem is I cannot photograph the results cause they come up on phone itself through Tcheck app - so you gotta trust what is posted - I do not like liars so I will tell you what I get with no enhancement.

You can test oils, tinctures but they have to be winterized. Like sed I just got this to test my raw bud.

Happy Growing
MotaMan

Sax -- I did procure a dispensary sample from Michigan -- the only thing that I'd noticed right under the claimed % amount was a disclaimer stating that the % claimed could be off by as much as 10 !!! -- that would mean a sample with a claim of 18 could be 8 --- WTF

I did test the sample and it was off the claimed % more than the 3% +/-.. I retested some of my earlier samples and results were same as before for them so it wasn't the Tcheck... I will pursue other dispensary samples here in my state of Illinois..

I've looked at the reviews for the Tcheck and the negative reviews were for concentrates and that could be tricky. I bought mine to test my raw flower and it seems to be operating well.. But I will get and test more samples and post the results..... I also bought it to verify THC claims for the seed I may purchase and grow and "redistribute".

Happy Growing
MotaMan

Sax -- I did procure a dispensary sample from Michigan -- the only thing that I'd noticed right under the claimed % amount was a disclaimer stating that the % claimed could be off by as much as 10 !!! -- that would mean a sample with a claim of 18 could be 8 --- WTF

I did test the sample and it was off the claimed % more than the 3% +/-.. I retested some of my earlier samples and results were same as before for them so it wasn't the Tcheck... I will pursue other dispensary samples here in my state of Illinois..

I've looked at the reviews for the Tcheck and the negative reviews were for concentrates and that could be tricky. I bought mine to test my raw flower and it seems to be operating well.. But I will get and test more samples and post the results..... I also bought it to verify THC claims for the seed I may purchase and grow and "redistribute".

Happy Growing
MotaMan
Thanks for that MM. Any more info would be appreciated, as the cost is quite considerable (to me anyway) for the Tcheck.

MM, thinking about it, maybe the "off by 10" means that the percentage could be off by 10% of the claimed amount?
So if they said 18%, then 10% of 18 is only 1.8
Sometimes these things can be very confusing. Its all in the wording. But if it is as you thought, then wow, whats the point of even sending samples to these labs huh!

Back
Top Bottom