Home test reliability

Sorry to hear that Buzzsaw. That really sucks. I haven't been randomed since I started this thread. Other than the great advice on this thread, I don't have any fresh ideas. Weed420 has some excellent advice on this and other threads. I believe I'm going to go with quickfix. At least you know it won't be positive. You just have to get the temperature right. I didn't know you could get tests at the dollar store. I get mine on line. But like you, my tests always show two lines. But as the week goes on, and I don't smoke, the test line does get darker. Not as dark as the control line, but darker than the day after I smoke. Are you a light, moderate, or heavy smoker?

I would say heavy smoker up until 2 weeks ago. I ran out of money, and its 2 weeks before the first check. So yea that helps. but I have been miserable. its like being "off your meds" for me. Bitchy, irritable, and short tempered. Can you say road rage? I have AD/HD and severe depression. But some medical grade weed makes it all better. if I can hang on till the end of the week, I should be back in the saddle again.

Well I can tell you what DOESN'T work. Those home test strips you can buy at Dollar Tree are worthless. I bought 10 of them and tested daily. it showed 2 lines (neg.) I had read somewhere that a chronic everyday smoker will test clean, but noone knows why.So I was lulled into a false security, thinking I was ok. Don't believe all the B.S. you see on Youtube either. I saw this video of this guy claiming that Certo mixed in a quart of Gatorade will work...WRONG!!! I have a class A CDL but now I'm screwed because I failed a DOT drug test. No major trucking co.; will hire you for at least 2 -5 yrs.So now I'm working at a shitbag sweatbox factory thru a temp agency. big $10 an hour, but if you can get on full time, the pay is decent and good benefits. however they do random tests and if you have any kind of mishap you get tested. I need to have a system in place that is 100% reliable. something I can keep in my truck in case of a "mishap". I really need this job and failure is not an option. any ideas?

Thats why you always use some dilution the morning of the test no matter how clean you think you are and also why I subbed with synthetic urine for the 20 years I was a truck driver. Never got caught, even though a couple of my bosses knew I smoked.

It does not mean the end of your trucking career. It means you have to fudge a little by just leaving that trucking company off of your resume. I was blacklisted by a company once and all I did was leave them off my resume and still picked up plenty of jobs. Some companies are using a Human Resource company for background checks on where drivers were working and what kind of trouble they got into. If your company used one of those services then just don't apply at any other company that uses those same services.

Thank you Weed420 for your response. Beleive me I would rather be driving a truck than what I'm doing now. Another alterative I thought of is driving for a farm. There are plenty of them in my neck of the woods. They don't check anything. if you have a valid license and medical card, you're good to go.But I am still going to follow your lead and get me some synthetic. its cheap insurance.

For farm work you don't even need a CDL. They are exempt for hauling their own products I think its within 100 miles of the farm.

Yep for the next pre employment drug test just sub with synthetic with uric acid. You don't really need the uric acid for a DOT test but occasionally some of these labs are illegally testing for it. There is also the option of real powdered urine. That will pass any test they throw at it as long as its at temp and well mixed.

Finally got randomed tested. So since I started this thread , I give you my take. I'm a light smoker. Mostly just a weekend night, maybe two. Got 30+ years in a DOT industry. So we're random tested. Everytime I would smoke, I would test myself. Usually came up with two lines, but not always. I got wind of an upcoming random with my name selected. (cool boss I guess). So, I thought it shouldn't be an issue. According to the test strips, I was below 50ng. But I was really stressing the day or two ahead. So I jumped the gun and went on my own to take a DOT test. Stupid. They took all my info and license and stuff. I really didn't even try to dilute. Hidesite, that was super stupid. Because if you fail, the MRO tells the certain Dot dept that you failed. And you probably lose what ever certification you have. This was on my own. So, now I do my company random while waiting on the results of the first one I so stupidly took. It was super duper stress for about 6 days. I really thought I was screwed. But, finally the results from the first test came back to me. NEGATIVE. So relieved. So I think the test strips are pretty acurate. I've bought enough of them lately. But even if you have two lines, one a little faint, I would make sure I dilute somewhat. I feel really fortunate. And may even cut back a little just to make sure my body doesn't keep building the metabolites up.

Back
Top Bottom