Homemade Grow-Box - First Grow Ever!

Re: Homemade grow-box. First grow ever!

Actually the lights fell a little bit and were touching the tips of the leaves burning them at the begining of this grow thats why they are a bit yellow, im not feeding it anything and dont actually plan of feeding them as im on a short budget as this idea of growing was kinda just a thought that i threw together. Turning out nice so far though seeing as ive only spent $52 so far.

17 days in. this was last sunday, i will post pictures tonight when i see my plants
photo_28_.JPG
photo_29_.JPG
photo_27_1.JPG

Yeah man fair enough. looking good then. But you will need to feed sooner or later. Plus if you do it properly it will increase your yield. But no food half way through veg will cause probs and die in flower.

im not sure, seeing as i have limited space and in this box would you recommend it? also i was thinking about LST... is that a good idea once they get bigger

If they are auto's don't top, just LST to keep short if needed.

At a quick glance I'd say ur new box isn't less Efficient it's just that the bulbs are way to far away CFLs need to be within 4" or the light won't transfer enough enegry to the plant just use a book or whatever get that plant closer if your still growing, looked like it was dying in the last pic

That last post was directed towards your page one photos and as I see now you have made a large improvement in the distance from your plant but I still think you might want to get a low watt cfl hanging vertical to those plants. not too much experience talking to you but I have read a good amount of info on CFLs, and it seems in certain pictures I've seen people have low watt CFLs touching or even inside the plant. as long as u have a fan going most CFLs stay fairly cool I can grab my lights and there is very little heat
I have a similar setup that I just started with a journal check it out to cross reference it's rupertthedank cfl indoor 1 plant sry I don't know how to add the link
good luck I'll be checking this grow out fosho

Thursday Feburary 16th
photo_40_4.JPG

Couldnt check my plants for three days and when i finally saw them this one here was very droppy and those leaves on each side were yellow but then i watered her and she perked back up in no time..... little scary though
photo_39_3.JPG

Looking Nice and healthy salty2. The dry time wont hurt. It probably benefit the roots a bit as they would of gone looking for water.

To Ruppertthedank:
i actually do have another small Cfl on the side giving some light to these two from another angle and as the plants grow i plan to have several more along the walls of the box

photo_41_4.JPG

Yeah the old cfl game. I like them for that, you can always move them around and mix up the blue/red specs to suit veg/flower.

I have the 250w running at the top and 2-3 side lights. But apparently its more efficient to have like 8-10 26-45w. Might make a homemade reflector.

Maybe think about white walls in the grow box or mylar. It will make the whole room a lot lighter.

yeah my friend was trying to order mylar online but not sure if actually went through. but definetly need to do something with the walls.

If you stuck for something to put on the walls you can even put white paper till you get something. White is really good!

Just finished my tangerine today, its in the journal below, grown with CFL right through.

How often should i be watering these two? right now i do it every three days or so because that is really the only times i get to see them

Back
Top Bottom