Homemade Pest Control

that is fine that you suggest a site sponsor although I am LOOKING for HOME MADE PEST CONTROL as the name of the thread might imply! anyone else?

Multi-purpose bug juice > 1 gal warm tap water, 1 tbls vegetable oil, 1 tsp. liquid dish detergent.

Mix together and spray the shit out of the tops & bottoms of leaves.

After about 8 hrs. spray with clean water
Repeat daily until they are dead.https://www.420magazine.com/community/styles/420style/smilies/bad_boys_20.gif

I've been using "SAFER" product on outdoor plants with mixed results. It will NOT stop cutworms, and the tiny mites on the underside of the leaves do come back....but their numbers never become anything huge. It probably just doesn't touch the eggs or something. You do have to use it repeatedly. I'll likely try a homebrew method next time around. I think the SAFER soap product is just a Potassium Sulfate solution..:nicethread:
:420::420::420:

A general post, as you can see I am a new member, but I have yet to read of my method of flying insect control. I have a 5.5' X 20' X 8' room and what I use are daddy-long-leg spiders. I have a few in the upper corners and a few in the plants, and they do not mind foliar spray.

Deer Repellant
Well for deer replellant try Tiger feces. I get mine from the zoo, tell them it is a college project on animal territory boundrys. Some zoos mix tiger lion & the other big cats together when they clean. Bring them a trash can & they usually have no problem. It works. It stinks too

Sorry to bust your bubble. Thought about deleting the thread altogether, however decided to compromise by adding that to the thread instead. :thumb:
o god, i understand that but like the guy said its a homemade thread that stuff isn't homemade. That's inappropriate marketing if you ask me.

People I'm just putting this out there may make no sense but just take it in not saying do this just take it in ant beds in UR pots. I have my set up an everything was perfect right on point but I started to c a few ants killed them off but found they had bedded in my plant I was torn bout this shit not my babies but then I thought about it. Air to root with the may tunnels an with a little shake them bitches run up an down that plant like white on rice killing everything not there own. As stated not recommending this as said just puttin it out there an that plant is a beauty still had to spot treat others but guess wat that one was perfect in aspect of pests

DSC00679_800x532_.jpg
Got fungas Gnats ...........try taking girls to the beach.... Put 1/4 inch of sand on top of soil and it smothers gnat larva that live under soil eating root system.......works try it.

Ants are farmers.....They farm aphids. They will plant aphid eggs on your plants so the will have food next year......I did not think they would harm plants till I learned this...... Ant traps will fix that. its Boric acid that gets on them, and they carry it back to the nest.OTE=Mrblowalot;1719753]People I'm just putting this out there may make no sense but just take it in not saying do this just take it in ant beds in UR pots. I have my set up an everything was perfect right on point but I started to c a few ants killed them off but found they had bedded in my plant I was torn bout this shit not my babies but then I thought about it. Air to root with the may tunnels an with a little shake them bitches run up an down that plant like white on rice killing everything not there own. As stated not recommending this as said just puttin it out there an that plant is a beauty still had to spot treat others but guess wat that one was perfect in aspect of pests[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, definately going to give that a try.

One question though. With the first solution - dishwashing liquid, cooking oil and water.
Just wanted to know, do you have to rinse off the foliage at any stage afterwards or not?

Thanks in advance

A couple dozen ladybugs, two or three praying mantises, and an alligator can do wonders for most pests up to and including door-to-door salesmen. But diatomaceous earth works great for the creepy crawlies and
has many natural solutions for garden pests (and SNS is a sponsor of this forum, so you'll be helping a company that helps keep this forum running - and free for all to use).

Soap/Oil spray for insect pests:
Probably the best overall insecticide recipe is made from dishwashing liquid and cooking oil. It should be applied more frequently than chemical pesticides, but then again, you don't really want to use poison inside your home. Here is the recipe:
1/2 teaspoon dishwashing liquid
1/4 teaspoon cooking oil
1 quart warm water
Mix all ingredients in a small spray bottle. Mist upper and under sides of leaves every 10 days to control mealy bug, spider mite, aphids, thrips, or any other sucking or chewing insects.

Fungicides are among the most toxic chemicals. Here are a few alternatives:
Listerine - Mix 1 teaspoon of Listerine into 1 quart of warm water
Hydrogen Peroxide - 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water
1/2 teaspoon baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon cooking oil in 1 quart warm water
All of the above recipes should be mixed directly into the sprayer and applied every 10 days or until there is no evidence of fungus.
Cinnamon powder dusted directly onto damaged or cut areas prevent fungus on orchids.

Willow Twig Rooting Hormone
If you like to grow plants from cuttings, you can make your own homemade rooting hormone by boiling water, then steeping willow twigs overnight. Dip the cut end of the cutting into the solution prior to potting. The unused solution can be stored in the refrigerator.

Homemade Mole Repellant
If you have trouble with moles in your garden, they are probably looking for grubs and worms that live just below the surface. Control the grub population and the moles will look elsewhere for a meal. Here is a recipe that takes care of grubs. it will also kill earthworms, so apply this during midday when the earthworms are deep in the soil.
1 tablespoon Castor Oil
2 Tablespoons dishwashing liquid
1/2 cup water
Mix soap and oil in blender until thick. Add water and mix again. Blend mixture with 2 gallons of water in a watering can. Sprinkle over mole infested areas.

Peppers to keep squirrels away:
If squirrels (or cats!) are digging in your garden, coarsely grind hot chili peppers in your blender and sprinkle them over your garden beds. The squirrels don't like the 'hot foot' sensation and will dig elsewhere. Use the hottest chilies you can find! You may have chili seedlings appear the next spring, but simply pull them out as if they were weeds. do not touch your face or eyes after handling chili peppers.

Deer Repellent:
One egg beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon oil
hot chili peppers
1 quart of water
Mix in blender, strain through cheesecloth, store in refrigerator. Apply frequently and especially after a rain or irrigating
-or-
Hang bars of soap in your trees and shrubs to repel deer
What if I don't have worm water? Can I use regular water?

Soap/Oil spray for insect pests:
Probably the best overall insecticide recipe is made from dishwashing liquid and cooking oil. It should be applied more frequently than chemical pesticides, but then again, you don't really want to use poison inside your home. Here is the recipe:
1/2 teaspoon dishwashing liquid
1/4 teaspoon cooking oil
1 quart warm water
Mix all ingredients in a small spray bottle. Mist upper and under sides of leaves every 10 days to control mealy bug, spider mite, aphids, thrips, or any other sucking or chewing insects.

Fungicides are among the most toxic chemicals. Here are a few alternatives:
Listerine - Mix 1 teaspoon of Listerine into 1 quart of warm water
Hydrogen Peroxide - 1 Tablespoon per gallon of water
1/2 teaspoon baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon cooking oil in 1 quart warm water
All of the above recipes should be mixed directly into the sprayer and applied every 10 days or until there is no evidence of fungus.
Cinnamon powder dusted directly onto damaged or cut areas prevent fungus on orchids.

Willow Twig Rooting Hormone
If you like to grow plants from cuttings, you can make your own homemade rooting hormone by boiling water, then steeping willow twigs overnight. Dip the cut end of the cutting into the solution prior to potting. The unused solution can be stored in the refrigerator.

Homemade Mole Repellant
If you have trouble with moles in your garden, they are probably looking for grubs and worms that live just below the surface. Control the grub population and the moles will look elsewhere for a meal. Here is a recipe that takes care of grubs. it will also kill earthworms, so apply this during midday when the earthworms are deep in the soil.
1 tablespoon Castor Oil
2 Tablespoons dishwashing liquid
1/2 cup water
Mix soap and oil in blender until thick. Add water and mix again. Blend mixture with 2 gallons of water in a watering can. Sprinkle over mole infested areas.

Peppers to keep squirrels away:
If squirrels (or cats!) are digging in your garden, coarsely grind hot chili peppers in your blender and sprinkle them over your garden beds. The squirrels don't like the 'hot foot' sensation and will dig elsewhere. Use the hottest chilies you can find! You may have chili seedlings appear the next spring, but simply pull them out as if they were weeds. do not touch your face or eyes after handling chili peppers.

Deer Repellent:
One egg beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon oil
hot chili peppers
1 quart of water
Mix in blender, strain through cheesecloth, store in refrigerator. Apply frequently and especially after a rain or irrigating
-or-
Hang bars of soap in your trees and shrubs to repel deer
I have lil'flee looking things in the soil of my plants... NEED A HOME REMEDY ASAP PLEASE!!

Back
Top Bottom