Homemade Pest Control

HA!! woodchucks....

With the soap/oil spray; do you have to rinse if the plants are outside? I have several flowers that I have noticed have tiny itty bugs and the leaves are turning yellow and brown.. I am trying to get growing and pest control down before I start my room.

Thanks Smoke!

<bump!>

just tried the soap on some indoor bugs. how they got there i have no idea:hmmmm:

Most likely your bugs came from the soil you are using. This is common.

guitron1988 - Use the mixture as soon as you see any bugs. I wouldn't use it just to use it.

Thank you for this post. In looking for the perfect bud, the trend seems to be towards the use of too many chemicals.
A good wash will get any microscopic eggs that you don't see. Foliar feeding helps keep the pests off as well.
All the bumps and no sticky?

seriously surprised that this thread hasnt gotten a sticky. mucho info hear and it works good.

I just started growing for my first time about a week and a half ago, and i brought a blackberry and an l.a. Confidential into my garden that my buddy gave me to put into my veggy room. Then i realized they were infested with mites and maybe gnats as well. So i bought one of those yellow fly strips and i made the home made spray for pests. But my friend, an experienced grower, suggested i added 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and very little hot sauce. So i did and i prayed it for the first time last night, and rinsed about 40 min. After. Do you think that the extra ingredients will have a negative effect on the plant? I have clones as well in the same growing area, should i wait till they are a little older for me to try the solution on them?

I posted this earlier (probably in wrong place sorry) I am having a problem with some little green worms with black heads about 3/8 in long. they eat at the leaves and leave a lace like hole in the leaf then they burrow into the buds and there is a web around the area the worm is found. Other than searching by eye is there anything made to kill these little suckers. So far I've only found 5 on 1 plant and 1 on another but I think I found a batch of eggs that I got rid of. Any ideas what they are and what to do about them?

Do you have any home remedies for red ants? My boyfriend has one plant that is being attacked and cant get rid of them. Any replies would be helpful. Thanks

Do you have any home remedies for red ants? My boyfriend has one plant that is being attacked and cant get rid of them. Any replies would be helpful. Thanks

Bummer. Ants have aphids like people have cattle - and for the same reasons.

Get a little bottle of Terro® and put dime-sized amounts of it (on little squares of card stock) out for the ants. You'll soon see a few ants at each spot. Tomorrow you might see hundreds standing in line (yeah, they really like it). A day or two later you might start seeing piles of dead ants. A few days after that you won't see any more piles because there won't be enough living ones left to remove the dead ones. Just keep adding more Terro until you notice that what you put down a day or two earlier hasn't been consumed. At that point there won't be any ants left.

I think that the main ingredient in it is borax so you could probably just grab a box of the old-fashioned laundry helper and pour it around (anyone remember 20 Mule Team™ Borax?) but I'd just grab a bottle of Terro and save the Borax for laundry or for soaking shredded newspaper when you need to make cheap fireproof insulation (been poor? lol).

Oh and you can try putting an unbroken circle of ground cayenne pepper around each plant as ants don't like to cross it. I have heard of people dusting their windowsills and thresholds.

Just wondering but what is a good ratio of that soap & oil spray for spider mites because i have noticed a small emergence of either thrips or spider mites(can't tell they are really tiny and in small numbers) I did my first round of the soap and oil remedy 2 days ago and i was thinking maybe 2 more cycles in the next twenty days but I dont want to damage my plants because they are a sensitive strain; also i have gnats and don't really have any idea what they can do to my garden or how i can get rid of them anything helps and thanks guys and gals

The best deer repellant I know of is tiger feces / lion feces collected from a zoo during a college experiment.

This is great info. I've learned if the mites are real bad to rotate this mix and a week later use niem oil its worked great for me!

I found that Milk deluted with water and a DOT of dishsoap works well...the buggers dont like the lactate...cayene pepper also helps if you got other vermin fucking around in you patch as well

Back
Top Bottom