Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

If your wife is calling you Kitchen Bitch I count that as foreplay....just sayin’. I hope you noticed? :eye-roll:
Whoah, that doesn't sound right(my comment) looking back. I fixed it up a bit to reflect the actual meaning behind the kitchen b.
LOLOL about the foreplay. What is that?

Hi Homer. I hope your funk is getting better. I think most of us are sick and tired of the isolation and some are living under different restrictions than others - which can be hard as well. I personally have found that a morning wake and bake along with time walking around outside listening to different sounds, smelling different smells, and seeing different birds, bugs, plants, etc. has been a real motivator to my days. You have gotten so darned good with that phone camera of yours. Imagine the pics you could be taking outside! :love:

Great Grows Homer! Been following for a while....GG will be in my next grow!!!
I have a question that maybe some one can answer with all this Sativa/Indica talk. I have 3 Sativa growing now almost ready... looking at trichs the very top has some amber, but the rest of the plant and lower on mains is still clear to slightly cloudy, all are still producing new white pistols, Strains are Power Plant, Duban Poison and Trainwreck. Anyone got ideas how long they will go on...

Thx, NA
I would gauge trichomes on the top calyxes. If you check a bud lower it will be more clear but your call on whether you want amber effects. I just chopped 4 sativa leaning autos at mostly cloudy with a bit of clear and some amber. Ive been smoking some very heavy indica for a while and am looking for some great sativa. Mix of mostly cloudy, some clear and a bit of amber.

1050BE4E-DC8D-4FBD-9EAB-2EACD98D183D.jpeg
8141AA09-753A-48C7-B5CD-29A9C7222B3E.jpeg
49AD929D-0077-44F3-ABDD-7CBA0D89167E.jpeg
2B8EC0F2-5A9F-4B20-A6DA-AD8CF1473E88.jpeg

Hi Homer. I hope your funk is getting better. I think most of us are sick and tired of the isolation and some are living under different restrictions than others - which can be hard as well. I personally have found that a morning wake and bake along with time walking around outside listening to different sounds, smelling different smells, and seeing different birds, bugs, plants, etc. has been a real motivator to my days. You have gotten so darned good with that phone camera of yours. Imagine the pics you could be taking outside! :love:
Homer and BooWho2...Every hour I spend outside is enough to offset the 10 hours I used to spend in the office. Now working from home 6 months I know every tree, bird and mammal on the 3rd coast out back here. Projects and fresh air.

I am back… sort of.

I’m so lucky I got into the construction trades because I don’t think I could have done any other kind of job long-term. What I loved about construction was no matter what kind of idiot I had it as a partner or/and foreman or what kind of a shitty job it was I knew within a couple of days, weeks or months it would be over and I would be back at home unemployed where I belong with my name on the list at the Union Hall.

Don’t get me wrong I worked some new construction jobs that lasted over a year but generally speaking after a few months of being at the same place with the same people doing the same thing I started to get squirrelly. I can apply myself especially when I am interested in something intensely for quite a while but I still hit a brick wall usually and that’s what happened with my growing.

I feel I could spend my whole life learning from this site about growing weed because there’s always something new to know and new information coming up but I got to the point where I overloaded my brain with it and when my brains exploded I couldn’t even think about growing weed for a couple of weeks. Just the idea of posting made me want to hide under my blankets, LOL.

But I have found retirement to be a real rabbit’s hole because it’s finally dawning on me more and more that I really can do whatever I want including absolutely nothing. When I first retired I figured I would keep busy with my projects which I did up until a few weeks ago pretty much but that decision was made when I still had a workers mentality assuming life satisfaction comes from accomplishing goals.

So when I hit that wall I basically sat on my recliner in front of my big screen TV and computer and did absolutely nothing and I mean nothing other than eat and sleep and the basics to keep a body alive and functioning. I was never depressed or upset or angry I just felt completely and totally demotivated as nothing mattered and I needed to get my bearings or more I just didn’t care to do anything and I came to the realization that really not much does matter now that I’m retired. I have been busier than before I retired with my projects and after my brain snapped I wonder what the hell was I doing.

Of course, all this probably wouldn’t have come to a head if I haven’t been in lockdown for six months but now that it has I’m just going to do whatever I want and pretty much nothing else so although I will be posting probably a lot less I can’t see myself leaving because I am enjoying growing again and posting.

I see there was a fair bit of activity on my Journal while I was way; it appears the secret to my success may be my absence. :oops: I do appreciate all the kind comments but I’m fine I’m just adapting to my new realities as this thing isn’t changing anytime soon. For the better anyway.

Bruce Banner is doing okay but it's no HULK. Being such a tall skinny plant with a root diameter about a third of what my gorilla glue was it's already starting to fall over with pretty small buds. It's tied up so it's not a big problem but Indicas are so much better for indoors. Not my best work just a quick handheld shot with just the overhead light and I screwed up the focus. But you get the idea.

IMG_6732.JPG

I'm really not too concerned with the yield more the effect but at six weeks and five days I would call this yield barely average at best.

IMG_6725.JPG

One place Bruce definitely shines and that is resin production. Definitely the frostiest sugar leaves I have ever had.

IMG_6724.JPG

Oddly, I can't remember the name of the strain but the bigger plant on the left is in the final stage of my new training technique. I am just going to have eight main colas both for a more visual impact but also for ease of trimming. I have topped thrice so I should have eight equal colas. If I even get close to the same amount of bud I'll be happy because this should cut down my trim time about 70%. I'm going to trim all the side branches except for the top 1 foot of each eight branches.

Also because I'm going to be growing some Sativas I am experimenting with this plant because every time I did my topping I let the plant grow way beyond that point where I topped so my theory is by trimming a lot of growth I keep the top short so I get time to establish a good large rootball by the time I have to flip due to height. So far so good because this plant is pretty old and is pretty tiny for 51 days. But more importantly, my Chemdawg is coming along just nicely as a champion Indica should being nice and squat structurally sound.

IMG_6726.JPG

IMG_6730.JPG

Hope everyone is well.

Hey Homer glad your back! Your girls look great as usually. I like your outlook just going to do what you feel like maybe nothing depends on how you feel. That's the attitude to have when your retired.
Thanks, oldsmokey. I appreciate the advice on retiring coming from an old pro living it.

Back
Top Bottom