Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

The veggers look really healthy and the flower room looks like it stinks! In a good way :).

I haven't found any difference in flowering from one generation to the next on my AK-47, but if you're used to training from seed then I can see why it's a whole different ball game training the crazy branches of clones!

My trimming scissors have a spring on them that I find helpful, but I've never tried ones like the ones you got where you put your fingers through the handle. Report back!

The veggers look really healthy and the flower room looks like it stinks! In a good way :).

I haven't found any difference in flowering from one generation to the next on my AK-47, but if you're used to training from seed then I can see why it's a whole different ball game training the crazy branches of clones!

My trimming scissors have a spring on them that I find helpful, but I've never tried ones like the ones you got where you put your fingers through the handle. Report back!

I do find it a little disheartening that my Cannatonic didn’t bud as well this generation especially after you confirmed your AK – 47 clones did just as well. I also have read that clones should do just as well as the mother plant so that all together leads me to suspect that the budding supplement I was using actually might have help which is kind of not what I want to believe doing a minimalist grow but I am not going to deny reality just to support my growing philosophy.

It might be, though I have my doubts, that being a clone I just have so many smaller branches that I have the same amount of buds but they are much more spread out. Also I am only on day 64 which is only eight weeks and my last generation weren’t ready for 12 weeks so that could very well explain the disparity. Anyway that’s a minor pitfall compared to the overall success I am having so I’m still happy.

I did look at the spring-loaded ones but a few people reported the springs were not reliable and these ones were higher rated and cheaper so I went with them but I’m sure both will do the job and yes I will give a trimming report and how my alcohol and olive oil method work out.

Thank Shed, things do seem to be going pretty well in the garden. :thumb:

I'm not using any budding supplements with MC and didn't on my Candidas (just a bit of silica during stretch). My AK-47 is probably one of my biggest and there's no lack of budsites on the Bedroom Cookies or the Berry Bomb...all clones with straight MegaCrop. I'd look more at training rather than something you need to add to the soil.

I used to add Open Sesame from Fox Farms as a budding supplement but I don't think it made a damn bit of difference!

I'm not using any budding supplements with MC and didn't on my Candidas (just a bit of silica during stretch). My AK-47 is probably one of my biggest and there's no lack of budsites on the Bedroom Cookies or the Berry Bomb...all clones with straight MegaCrop. I'd look more at training rather than something you need to add to the soil.

I used to add Open Sesame from Fox Farms as a budding supplement but I don't think it made a damn bit of difference!

All good to know. Reflecting on it more I think my issue is most likely that Cannatonic is a slow budder and I am only on week 8 of 12 this strain needs. Life is keeping me pretty occupied lately so I haven't had a lot of time to check other people's journals but I was wondering how your Candidas harvest ended up?

I stopped using all the extras and add on’s. They just didn’t work for me.

That is good to know to Penny. If you experts don't think it's necessary I am not going to think about it again.

All good to know. Reflecting on it more I think my issue is most likely that Cannatonic is a slow budder and I am only on week 8 of 12 this strain needs. Life is keeping me pretty occupied lately so I haven't had a lot of time to check other people's journals but I was wondering how your Candidas harvest ended up?
Happen to have the harvest links here and here.

14.3 ounces dry between the two of them. Not too shabby!

Happen to have the harvest links here and here.

14.3 ounces dry between the two of them. Not too shabby!

Not too shabby at all. Very nice looking plants and nice haul. How many gallon were those pots? 10 gallon?

Maybe give them a little more time.

Yes, I think you are right. I was a little quick to jump to conclusions and I think my problem is that my WW is almost ready but my Cannatonic has another 4 weeks to bud since the last generation took 12 weeks. Hopefully, in that time they will bud up like that last generation.

Yup, 10 gallon. Vegged for 113 days and harvested a lot sooner than anyone thought at 51/52 days.

Those buds will do nothing but swell for the next month!

My gosh!!! 113 days of vegetation is pretty impressive; I think my longest so far is 60 days. I also find it amazing you only had to bud for 52 days because like I said my Cannatonic needs 12 weeks or 86 days. Strange because I read that those two strains are related. I got 4 ½ dried ounces from my Cannatonic plant in my first harvest of them. So yes hopefully they do some swelling in the next month.

Use STS to make S1’s of your mother plant. That way you can run fem seeds from her.

I was going to ask you where you got your Silver Thiosulfate Solution but then I found it on Amazon for $49 for 8 ounces. Would that be enough to transform one plant into a male? Or do you make your own somehow?

Edit: Maybe I should just read the thread, lol.

Because my clones have come out so haphazard despite trying to train them I am thinking of just growing from seed so I am thinking of taking Penny’s advice and making some S1’s using silver thiosulfate.

I definitely prefer Indicas because I like the couch lock effect for sleeping and I believe they are better for pain management but also because they are short squat plants that are easier to train and keep at a decent overhead height for my lights.

So I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the best Indica strain/breeder I should try and make some pollen with? I am thinking if I just do one plant I could cross-pollinate with any other females I grow from seed so I want to select a very good potent producer.

I was thinking of Northern lights from Sensi Seeds? Any other suggestions?

Harvest Day!

My superduper trimming scissors arrived from Amazon today so today was harvest day. I have found trimming a real pain in the butt in the past with my scissors and fingers getting extremely sticky with resin buildup and all the scissors I have are very uncomfortable after a while.

IMG_4236.jpg

So I did some research to solve my problems part of which was ordering my trimming scissors which were very comfortable to use throughout the whole trimming session so I am pretty pleased with them and as you can see in the first photo I have 95% alcohol in a jar and some olive oil on the right. I covered my hands with just a few drops of olive oil and that really cut down on the resin build-up and even when I had to clean them up with the alcohol it seemed to come off a lot easier also. About every 10 minutes or so I would clean my scissors with the alcohol and then put a thin layer of olive oil on the cutting blades. At which time I would also clean my hands with alcohol and reapply a few drops of olive oil to my hands.

I must say my new system worked out much better and I actually enjoyed doing the trimming for the first time. I also got a chair and hung the plant at the right height with a string so I was also comfortable. All in all a successful trimming session.

Here is the plant still under the budding light. Day 67 of budding for my White Widow.

IMG_4237.jpg

Here it is hung upside down with all the leaves.

IMG_4238.jpg

And here it is nicely trimmed. I am pretty pleased with this harvest. My previous best plant was four and three-quarter ounces dry and judging by the buds on this one I think I will beat that. I am happy with the results especially considering I never once adjusted my water pH and the only nutrient I used was MegaCrop.

IMG_4241.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4244.jpg

And here my Critical plant takes the place of the WW I just harvested and the cycle begins all over again.

IMG_4246.jpg

Back
Top Bottom