Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Thanks Homer. I over-shot the mark on the low and slow drying in the fridge. Just did the next round of trimming and jarring and I am showing 54% in one jar, and 56% in the other. Was hoping to catch it more around 62-64%. The week got away from me! Have tucked a very lightly moistened paper towel in each jar and will check again in a few hours. Wet weight was a bit over 10oz, but included some stems. I'll be ecstatic if I break two oz dry. Heck, I am happy to make it this far at all in my first harvest. Here's a quick pic...

purple kush bud.JPG

I'll be doing an update post on my first grow journal tomorrow. Good luck with your kushy!

Good job Bard. That is a really beautiful crystally nice neat bud, you did a stellar job. If you got 10 wet I think you will get way more than 2 dry. For a first harvest, I think you did a smashing good job. :thumb:

Good job Bard. That is a really beautiful crystally nice neat bud, you did a stellar job. If you got 10 wet I think you will get way more than 2 dry. For a first harvest, I think you did a smashing good job. :thumb:

Thanks Homer. So many folks on 420 helped me get this far. I am now addicted to growing.

It's nice to see others that don't smoke it much.
If it makes anyone feel better, I don't smoke at all!

I make infused olive oil and have only smoked a couple to see what it was like again. I don't touch it during the days and take thc and cbd in equal combination starting after dinner and by bedtime, I feel like sleeping. I am mildly buzzed in the evening and I don't find it so much relaxing as most say as I don't get bored or lonely not that they are big problems with me but I find life is just more interesting when I am, "medicated". And it really does help with the inflammation and pain in my knees quite a bit. I really need to try and make some topicals with pumpkin seed oil.

Thanks Homer. So many folks on 420 helped me get this far. I am now addicted to growing.

That is like me. I would be lost without this site. As @InTheShed once said, it takes a village to raise an idiot, or something like that, lol. With the site it is more than a hobby, it is a pleasant little social life.

I make infused olive oil and have only smoked a couple to see what it was like again. I don't touch it during the days and take thc and cbd in equal combination starting after dinner and by bedtime, I feel like sleeping. I am mildly buzzed in the evening and I don't find it so much relaxing as most say as I don't get bored or lonely not that they are big problems with me but I find life is just more interesting when I am, "medicated". And it really does help with the inflammation and pain in my knees quite a bit. I really need to try and make some topicals with pumpkin seed oil.

Similar story... started growing mainly for Mrs. Bard who has RA and fibro. Was buying expensive, dusty stuff from the provincial dispensary and making different edibles. She and I both like a couple of gummies at bedtime. She has one, just for pain relief and sleepiness. I have two and get a nice buzz and sleepy. It is a nice way to wrap up the day together. Now looking forward to using my own material, just knowing where it came from. Friends are pretty happy with the freebies too!

Make it strong...it works!

Thanks for the info, I will make it strong. I have heard the pumpkin oil soaks in very fast but does it leave much of a residue?

Similar story... started growing mainly for Mrs. Bard who has RA and fibro. Was buying expensive, dusty stuff from the provincial dispensary and making different edibles. She and I both like a couple of gummies at bedtime. She has one, just for pain relief and sleepiness. I have two and get a nice buzz and sleepy. It is a nice way to wrap up the day together. Now looking forward to using my own material, just knowing where it came from. Friends are pretty happy with the freebies too!

Sorry to hear about the RA and fibro. It is crazy what the, "legit", stuff costs so it will be well worth your while and you should be able to grow more than you need easily.

That is like me. I would be lost without this site. As @InTheShed once said, it takes a village to raise an idiot, or something like that, lol. With the site it is more than a hobby, it is a pleasant little social life.

Yes!

Sorry to hear about the RA and fibro. It is crazy what the, "legit", stuff costs so it will be well worth your while and you should be able to grow more than you need easily.

She is pretty happy with the meds I have been cooking up with the store-bought stuff. The "start up" expenses for the tent, lights and other toys were pretty significant, but ongoing it will be much less expensive to grow than buy. Hopefully better quality, and knowing where it came from. Plus, I just like it as a fun hobby. Seed collecting has already got out of hand though! :)

Not like a lot of other oils, but some stays behind on your skin. Won't be a problem on your knees though. Might get your collar a bit greasy though if you use it on your neck.

Thanks for the info, Shed. I keep meaning to do that while I always seem to have other things taking priority. Retired life is funny because I find it is still hard to get things done because I am busy doing other stuff to the point where I don’t know how I kept my life running and worked full time, lol.

She is pretty happy with the meds I have been cooking up with the store-bought stuff. The "start up" expenses for the tent, lights and other toys were pretty significant, but ongoing it will be much less expensive to grow than buy. Hopefully better quality, and knowing where it came from. Plus, I just like it as a fun hobby. Seed collecting has already got out of hand though! :)

Glad to hear the meds are working out. I found after my capital expenses it doesn’t cost hardly anything to grow. I use pro mix which is dirt cheap and megacrop which I got I figure about a four years supply for a little over 100 bucks. And now I plan on making my own seeds for a while so my cost should be minimal.
Now that I have my nutes dialled in cheaply and my environment I think the last piece of the puzzle is the genetics so now I’m going for the best seeds I can find and to make my own from them.

I'd love to retire some day and see if I can do that! I'll probably be sitting here at my desk until I keel over...

Maybe that's best. I wish I had a career where I could still do it occasionally because I do miss work in some ways. Unfortunately being in construction for 30 years I pretty much wore my joints out so I pretty much had to retire. I have a friend from high school who is a civil engineer my age and he says engineers don't so much retire as just do fewer and fewer jobs. It would be nice to have a job like that I figure because his knees still work properly, LOL.

Glad to hear the meds are working out. I found after my capital expenses it doesn’t cost hardly anything to grow. I use pro mix which is dirt cheap and megacrop which I got I figure about a four years supply for a little over 100 bucks. And now I plan on making my own seeds for a while so my cost should be minimal.
Now that I have my nutes dialled in cheaply and my environment I think the last piece of the puzzle is the genetics so now I’m going for the best seeds I can find and to make my own from them.

Sounds like a great plan! I'm going to try reversing a DDA in a week or so to make seeds as well. First trial run towards doing some crosses, just for fun. I have been trying to upgrade the genetics in my little collection as well. I think the biggest ongoing expense (apart from seeds) is electricity, but even that works out to less than $50/month, even with summer rates. Good luck with your seed op!

Back
Top Bottom