Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Sounds like a great plan! I'm going to try reversing a DDA in a week or so to make seeds as well. First trial run towards doing some crosses, just for fun. I have been trying to upgrade the genetics in my little collection as well. I think the biggest ongoing expense (apart from seeds) is electricity, but even that works out to less than $50/month, even with summer rates. Good luck with your seed op!

If you have a journal of your reversing I will definitely take a look at that. I won’t be able to do it till fall probably but it would be nice to see it already done. Yes, unfortunately not much can be done about electricity rates but I have a 600 and 300 LEDs which is only about half that actual wattage but I hardly even noticed that on my bill. Good luck with your reversing.

If you have a journal of your reversing I will definitely take a look at that. I won’t be able to do it till fall probably but it would be nice to see it already done. Yes, unfortunately not much can be done about electricity rates but I have a 600 and 300 LEDs which is only about half that actual wattage but I hardly even noticed that on my bill. Good luck with your reversing.

I have been taking some pics, but not much to see yet so not posting. Instead, I will probably start a new journal when my first grow wraps up in a month or so. In the meantime, I'd suggest that you take a look at @Old Salt's current "seed run" journal. He just got to the stage yesterday or today of applying the STS, and has done a really nice job of documenting making the solution, as well as how he is applying it. He is also in Canada, and I bought some STS from him when he was making it. The other interesting one is @beez0404 journal. He uses CS to reverse, and has done some cool crosses in his journal.

You might already know about both of these resources, but I found them really interesting, and thought I would flag in case you missed them.

I have been taking some pics, but not much to see yet so not posting. Instead, I will probably start a new journal when my first grow wraps up in a month or so. In the meantime, I'd suggest that you take a look at @Old Salt's current "seed run" journal. He just got to the stage yesterday or today of applying the STS, and has done a really nice job of documenting making the solution, as well as how he is applying it. He is also in Canada, and I bought some STS from him when he was making it. The other interesting one is @beez0404 journal. He uses CS to reverse, and has done some cool crosses in his journal.

You might already know about both of these resources, but I found them really interesting, and thought I would flag in case you missed them.

Thanks a lot Bard. Old Salt left me a link to a post where he was mixing up his concoction but I didn't know he had a thread actually where he is actually about to apply his STS. I will also check out Beez's; thanks again.

Thanks a lot Bard. Old Salt left me a link to a post where he was mixing up his concoction but I didn't know he had a thread actually where he is actually about to apply his STS. I will also check out Beez's; thanks again.

Both of those guys are really good teachers, and document what they are doing meticulously!

Both of those guys are really good teachers, and document what they are doing meticulously!

I noticed that about Old Salt's post about mixing the stuff up. :thumb:

Penny said Critical acts like it is on steroids and he certainly got that right!! I only vegged this plant for 56 days and it is a monster and keeps on going. It has been in flower about 8 days and has already stretched at least 6 inches. If it buds like it grows it should be a winner.

It loves nutes too; already up to 7.2g/ gal and no sign of overfeeding. Here it is next to the Cannatonic nearing the end of her days. When I put the Critical under the budding light 8 days ago they were the same height.

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

Oh, nice. I am actually getting 2 Skunk seeds from Sensi with my NL seeds. That would make a nice cross I am thinking.

Oh, nice. I am actually getting 2 Skunk seeds from Sensi with my NL seeds. That would make a nice cross I am thinking.
My Critical+2.0 grew like crazy in veg but only stretch a little come flower which is nice! They are stinky frost bombs though so get ready for some great meds!!

Looking good homer

My Critical+2.0 grew like crazy in veg but only stretch a little come flower which is nice! They are stinky frost bombs though so get ready for some great meds!!

Looking good homer

Thanks for the info Dutch. Hopefully, she is almost done stretching then. Looking forward to those stinky frost bombs!!! :party::high-five:

Here is my monster Critical plant on the left from Royal Queen Seeds. It had 62 days of vegging and 14 days into flower now and this crazy thing is half way up my chest in height. It is at least 50% bigger than any other plant I have grown and it didn’t veg longer than the last generation; if it buds like it grows it’s going to be a champion. It really loves the newts to because I have it up to 7.4 g per gallon with absolutely no sign of over fertilizing.

unnamed (1).jpg

Here is my next generation which is an OG Kush from Dinafen after soaking for about 24 hours with a nice little sprout starting. The tiny bubble in the center of the seed makes it look like a disembodied head sticking out its tongue, LOL.

unnamed.jpg

Here is my new OG Kush seed in its 5-gallon container next to my Dinamed high CBD plant that believe it or not is only two days younger than my monster Critical plant even though the Dinamed is only halfway up my thigh in height. It actually is working out well because the Cannatoinc plant this one will replace takes 12 weeks to finish budding; I find all these darn CBD strains take forever to mature. The Dinamed is really sensitive to fertilizers so I’m keeping it to about 6 g per gallon because any more than that she burns.

unnamed (2).jpg

Hope all is well with everyone and you are all enjoying the summer weather.

That plant IS a monster! Wow. :)

It really is compared to all my other plants. Penny called it right when he said it acts like it is on steroids. I got it free with some other seeds and they sure gave me a winner if it buds like it grows. Royal Queen says here in their description that is it their biggest producer. Seems like a good cross for a seedmaker.

Critical Cannabis Seeds - Royal Queen Seeds

It really is compared to all my other plants. Penny called it right when he said it acts like it is on steroids. I got it free with some other seeds and they sure gave me a winner if it buds like it grows. Royal Queen says here in their description that is it their biggest producer. Seems like a good cross for a seedmaker.

Critical Cannabis Seeds - Royal Queen Seeds

Cool! I've added it to my seed wish list. Working on an order to place in the next few days. It is the RSQ Critical, correct?

Cool! I've added it to my seed wish list. Working on an order to place in the next few days. It is the RSQ Critical, correct?

Yes, the link I showed is the Critical I have in my pic the RQS. My best plant so far regarding both yield and resiny is the White Widow from Dinafem; about seven ounces from that plant. I ordered some Northern Lights from Sensi and getting a few of their Skunk as freebies. And Old Salt was gracious enough to send me some ingredients to make female seeds so interesting times ahead!!! What other seeds you thinking of getting?

Yes, the link I showed is the Critical I have in my pic the RQS. My best plant so far regarding both yield and resiny is the White Widow from Dinafem; about seven ounces from that plant. I ordered some Northern Lights from Sensi and getting a few of their Skunk as freebies. And Old Salt was gracious enough to send me some ingredients to make female seeds so interesting times ahead!!! What other seeds you thinking of getting?

Thanks. Sorry, I blew right by the link in your earlier post. When they "grey" it out, easy to miss!

I have some WW seeds (not Dinafem, though) and NL coming as freebies from @SeedsMan. My draft order is too long right now, so need to do some trimming. Like you, I got some STS from @Old Salt. I had hoped to reverse a DDA, but it started to show pistils way too early (18 days, if you can believe it) so I am just growing it out for buds instead. Dropped another seed with the hopes that it will be a little bigger and wait until around day 25 so I can try reversing.

I've been inspired by some of the cool work that @Chris Scorpio has done with colour/purple strains, and so I have the DDA already; Star Pupil is in the mail. Ace Seeds "Violeta" is likely part of the next order, along with Deep Blue C, Fruity Pebbles, Grizzly Purple, and some others. Like the idea of the size and weight of Critical for breeding, as some of those strains are smaller, lower yielding.

But like I said, too many seeds in the cart right now!

Thanks. Sorry, I blew right by the link in your earlier post. When they "grey" it out, easy to miss!

I have some WW seeds (not Dinafem, though) and NL coming as freebies from @SeedsMan. My draft order is too long right now, so need to do some trimming. Like you, I got some STS from @Old Salt. I had hoped to reverse a DDA, but it started to show pistils way too early (18 days, if you can believe it) so I am just growing it out for buds instead. Dropped another seed with the hopes that it will be a little bigger and wait until around day 25 so I can try reversing.

I've been inspired by some of the cool work that @Chris Scorpio has done with colour/purple strains, and so I have the DDA already; Star Pupil is in the mail. Ace Seeds "Violeta" is likely part of the next order, along with Deep Blue C, Fruity Pebbles, Grizzly Purple, and some others. Like the idea of the size and weight of Critical for breeding, as some of those strains are smaller, lower yielding.

But like I said, too many seeds in the cart right now!

No problem about the link; it was easy to miss.

Sounds like you have some interesting strains coming. I found the hard way that the breeder is more important than the variety so I am trying to get my seeds now from reputable breeders so I can make some of my own seeds too.

Yes, I read you got some from Old Salt which gave me the idea to ask him so I appreciate the heads up. My idea, for now, is to make some pollen with just a strain or two and then make seeds with that with any good females I find in the future.

For some reason, I remember people used to love the purple strains years ago so I guess that hasn’t changed much. Sounds like interesting stuff. That is just what I was thinking about this critical if it works out to be a good budder in that it might make some other interesting strains better producers.

Yes, I have seeds I bought that I have no interest in growing now so I am trying to be much more selective in what I buy now. Famous last words, LOL.

No problem about the link; it was easy to miss.

Sounds like you have some interesting strains coming. I found the hard way that the breeder is more important than the variety so I am trying to get my seeds now from reputable breeders so I can make some of my own seeds too.

Yes, I read you got some from Old Salt which gave me the idea to ask him so I appreciate the heads up. My idea, for now, is to make some pollen with just a strain or two and then make seeds with that with any good females I find in the future.

For some reason, I remember people used to love the purple strains years ago so I guess that hasn’t changed much. Sounds like interesting stuff. That is just what I was thinking about this critical if it works out to be a good budder in that it might make some other interesting strains better producers.

Yes, I have seeds I bought that I have no interest in growing now so I am trying to be much more selective in what I buy now. Famous last words, LOL.

Agreed! I too have been trying to select breeders with well-known reputations.

I guess cannabis strains are kind of like fashion - different strains come and go and are "hot" from the novelty. But some are classics and endure. I just thought the purple and other colours were kind of fun to try, and seem to offer good quality genetics as well.

No luck on my part in slowing down on seed purchases. Fortunately, not many in my collection that I won't grow at some point, but it will be a LONG time before I get to them all.

GL with your reversing!

Agreed! I too have been trying to select breeders with well-known reputations.

I guess cannabis strains are kind of like fashion - different strains come and go and are "hot" from the novelty. But some are classics and endure. I just thought the purple and other colours were kind of fun to try, and seem to offer good quality genetics as well.

No luck on my part in slowing down on seed purchases. Fortunately, not many in my collection that I won't grow at some point, but it will be a LONG time before I get to them all.

GL with your reversing!

Fads! I didn't follow them in my youth. Don't expect me to start now.

I usually buy well known strains through Seedsman, choosing the best breeders if there are more than one. The other strains I have are 'freebies.'

Back
Top Bottom