Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

I'm all caught up now! Definitely liking the simplicity and success of mega crop for your grow. Might have me trying something new next round.

Great!! MC is simple, effective and cheap. I also switched from coco blend with worm castings and vermiculite to ProMix HP for about a 1/4 the cost and just as good results. :thumb:

OK Homer, you're good to go. I just spent the day golfing with your Doc. I gave him some herb for his morning bong... White Widow, as I know it's your favorite. Don't try and give him tips. He knows what he's doing.
Good luck brutha. Sending positive vibes your way :circle-of-love:

OK Homer, you're good to go. I just spent the day golfing with your Doc. I gave him some herb for his morning bong... White Widow, as I know it's your favorite. Don't try and give him tips. He knows what he's doing.
Good luck brutha. Sending positive vibes your way :circle-of-love:
Hiya Homer!
Just checking in to see how you're doin brutha!
Hope to hear from you soon.
:green_heart:

Thanks, Sauga for tuning up the Doc and the good vibes. :high-five: They let me go home Thursday and apparently it went well. Not as painful as I feared either, no picnic but not a nightmare either, felt a lot less sore today so on the mend and staying medicated. :thumb: And the ladies all are doing well too!!

Hey Homer,

Glad things went well, and that you are healing up nicely. I hope you are back to 100% soon!

Thanks, Bard. I am feeling better all the time. :thumb:

Glad all went well Homer.

Rest easy medicate often!

Thanks, Dutch. Being medicated does help. Last night I was watching, Two and a Half Men, and with being medicated I had to stop from laughing too much because of my stitches, lol. Definitely helps with mood. I feel good enough to do some gardening today.

The poor girls haven’t been watered in 5 days because of my surgery but everyone survived so all is well in the garden!! :thumb::party:

Here are the big girls looking pretty parched and droopy but alive and well. The Dinamed on the left is on week four and day six and budding along nicely and the Critical on the right is on week seven day six. The Dinamed has a nice pleasant lemony scent. I read a drought late in life increases stickiness so I am not going to give my Critical water for a while longer.

h.jpg

Since the Critical from Royal Queen Seeds is advertised to flower in 7 to 9 weeks I gave her a test since she is a day from eight weeks but I don’t see any amber and lots of clear so she probably needs 10 weeks which is good because my replacement OG Kush is not quite up to size yet to flip.

jh.jpg

nj.jpg

Here is my OG Kush at five weeks and three days filling in nicely looking a little parched but she got a good watering today.

lp.jpg

pljh.jpg

And thankfully my little pride and joy my Northern Lights from Sensi is looking happy and healthy and grew nicely during my brief absence.

,ml.jpg

l;;;.jpg

Here the WW seedling is looking pretty healthy and happy. My Cannatonic clone is looking a little yellowish but that is expected at this stage for a cutting. The cutting in the Tupperware I didn't keep because I wanted to stay under the 4 plant limit and it is a Yummy strain that just isn't that impressive. The container to the left of it is another yoghurt container with a paper wet towel draped over it for extra humidity.

IMG_3538.JPG

On March 10th, 21 days after starting I transplanted both to 5-gallon soft pots. I was pretty happy with my roots on both.

IMG_3561.JPG
IMG_3564.JPG

And here the girls are all happy and secure in their new homes.

For my first watering in the big pots, I gave them 50% of Mega Crop or about 3.1 grams per gallon. I had already started letting the pots really dry out between waterings in the small containers to promote root growth. I gave the 5 gallon pots a good soaking but I won't water again till they are really dried out.
IMG_3567.JPG
IMG_3568.JPG
Total root development, nice.

Total root development, nice.

Thanks, Cotarakos, but any credit for my root developments goes to Emilya and her great thread about how to water for root development.

During my convalescence, I have had been pondering my growing method and taking stock of its weaknesses and strengths and planning my future process.

I think my best decision was to move the garden to the basement where I can easily keep the temp around 75F and the humidity between 45-50% so that I will maintain.

Not adjusting ph has saved lots of hassle and does not seem to have any negative impact so I will be continuing with that.

Switching to ProMix HP to save cost also gave comparable results to much more expensive coco so I will continue that.

I have come to the conclusion my seed choices has been holding me back in two ways; first I was not getting the best strains I could from the best breeders so I am trying to up my game in that regard and secondly I have realized I only should grow pure Indicas because I want the couch lock for sleep and a nice bonus is they are so much better to grow indoors with their stocky structure. So I am going to cut back on the number of strains I grow and concentrate on finding a few good pure Indica phenotypes and developing them with cloning and feminizing seeds and I am starting with my NL from Sensi.

I also believe I have been pushing my nutes too hard harming my plants with nute burn. It was just a deceptive coincidence I have come to believe that my White Widow plant had such a great yield the first time I tried to push my nutes when in fact I think now it was just the genetics of that strain because pushing subsequent strains has not resulted in better yields instead just burnt leaves. So I am going to be much more conservative with my nutes while still trying to find the sweet spot.

And lastly, from my research, I believe I have been overwatering my plants a bit in the flowering stage so I am going to cut back a bit on that.

On Friday I am supposed to have all my tubing removed so I should be back to my regular postings and the first order of business with be setting up and dialing in my new Mega Light!!! Really looking forward to that. I have a dimmer and my goal is to have a nice even illumination and avoid leaf burn which has been a problem with my small lights. Lots of fun ahead. :thumb: :headbanger: :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom