Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

I was so excited to get my P-98's from Katsu then totally disappointed when the first one failed to pop after 6 days of soaking. I PM'ed him about it and he said they have hard shells so they might take longer and generously offered to replace them. So when the next one didn't pop after 9 days I figured it was a dud too but miraculously today on day 11 I had a look at it and it popped and has a tail developing!!

I was pretty amazed because I don't think I have had a bean take more than 3 days to pop but thrilled it did finally. So I can say my P-98 is alive and well and that Katsu is a great guy who stands behind his product.

111.jpg

Love to hear that. Congratulations for waiting her out.
Thanks, Old Salt. I was pretty sure it was a lost cause so I am giddy about it. :thumb:

Does anyone have a promo code for JBC Seeds? I'd like to order from them.
I ordered from JBC to get my P-98's and used the coupon code I got from joining Katsu's club but the JBC site would not accept the code. I still got a few extra of Katsu's seeds free and the coupon was only good for 10% or $8 so I was happy and I didn't pursue it.

When I pre-crack them they pop pretty quickly...
I was wondering about that because I had read about people who sand down the seams a bit on their seeds so they open easier but when I tried it because they are so small to try and hold I think the only thing that got sanded was my fingertips. :oops:

So may I ask how you pre-crack them?

I'd like to hear how @katsubluebird does it. My method is:

Put the seeds in an empty pill vial, add a little coarse sand, and...
Shake your booty!

Some line a small jar with sandpaper to do the same.

I'd like to hear how @katsubluebird does it. My method is:

Put the seeds in an empty pill vial, add a little coarse sand, and...
Shake your booty!

Some line a small jar with sandpaper to do the same.
:oops:

Life in the garden is a constantly evolving drama. Weeks ago my Dinamed suddenly died a few weeks away from harvest and I almost culled my OG Kush because it wasn’t sticky at all and then it looked like my NL cutting was not going to survive and then my first P-98 failed to pop.

But today all is looking up with my OG Kush sticky with nice big buds and my NL is really starting to bud up already and my cutting survived and is growing again and my second P-98 popped and is now in soil. I think the valuable lesson to take away from this is no matter how good things seem it won’t last, lol…

Here is my Sensi NL on the left really budding up nicely and OG on the right farther back with nice big buds and has a while to go yet as no amber in sight yet. The NL on the right in the one-gallon pot is the I will now retry and reverse.
IMG_0035.JPG

My OG bud.
IMG_0037.JPG

My NL budding. She is already sticky and smells both like pepper and fruity; looks like she is a winner and I have been following MegaCrop feeding specs exactly and she is looking good and healthy so far.
IMG_0036.JPG

My NL I am going to try and reverse again. I didn't know to spray her every day for at least a week at flip so she started just budding like a female so I put her back in the veg room and sprayed her everyday for a week with STS and now I have her back in the bud room and I am going to do her everyday again for a week. Her bud hairs have gone brownish and wilty so hopefully she forgot she is female.
IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

Here is my NL cutting I wasn't sure would survive but she is a survivor who fought for her life. And in the big pot my freshly popped P-98.
IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

My beautiful little P-98 looking happy and healthy just before I put her in her five-gallon pot.
1.jpg

They’re looking pretty good Homer. I dont give up on them easily, they can go from no appeal to drop dead gorgeous in a matter of days
Thanks, Penny. I don't give up on them either till they are deader than a doornail. Once I took her out of the dome she was dormant for at least a week and it was pretty touch and go for a while but she pulled through. :thumb:

Me too because if I can get my other NL plant to reverse the second time around I can pollenate this cutting with the pollen and make seeds from this pheno. If it died I would have had to start another seed to pollenate.

I checked my trichomes on my OG Kush from Dinafem today and still no amber so she has a little way to go but I have a nice little pile of bud sections I have taken to sample and they have dried out to spectacular little specimens. I think this plant is going to produce some great buds especially with the paper bag and fridge method I am going to try for the first time. Looking forward to it!!

1111.jpg

I am not certain but it looks like my NL I am trying to reverse is starting to show some male pollen pods?

1111111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom