Homer's Legal 4-Plant Max Perpetual Minimalist Garden In Ontario

Here is my NL under the MegaLight.

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

She is budding up nicely but I seem to still have a nute deficiency despite going from 6 to 7 to 8 and now for a few weeks at 9g/gal of MC. It seems to be doing better than my last plant, OG Kush, that was more yellow at this point but she still isn't a nice healthy green. The next pic is my NL I am reversing and giving just 6g/gal and it is much greener and healthy-looking.

IMG_0083.JPG

Here is a better shot of my flowering NL that I am attempting to reverse. Hopefully, soon pods will start opening.

IMG_0084.JPG

Here are my 2 NL cuttings that are in veg. The one on the right I am training in a twinlinginging method and the one on the left I am training with just supercropping. Since I am still having nute problems I am thinking I will treat one with lots of MC from the start of budding and the other I will try and add some calmag to as an experiment.

IMG_0087.JPG

That NL looks great to me Homer! I don't see nute deficiencies as much as I see fading from being so far into flower. I think all those fading leaves tend to come around the same time as the browning of the pistils. They might have been deficient earlier, but that's not what I'm looking at.

Balls are looking good! I'm curious to see the MC vs MC+cal mag difference on the clones.
twinlinginging method
I'm going to need a tutorial on this one...

That NL looks great to me Homer! I don't see nute deficiencies as much as I see fading from being so far into flower. I think all those fading leaves tend to come around the same time as the browning of the pistils. They might have been deficient earlier, but that's not what I'm looking at.

Balls are looking good! I'm curious to see the MC vs MC+cal mag difference on the clones.

I'm going to need a tutorial on this one...

Thanks, Shed. I wish you were right about the fading but my plants seem to start fading pretty soon into flowering and when I look at @MrSauga's finished plants they are not faded at all at the end of flower so I suspect I do have a deficiency. I am still getting good harvests but I am curious if I can get my plants green all through their life cycles so the calmag should be interesting.

It is a lot like twinlinging but more extreme, lol...

I try not to compare my plants to other folks here. My plants never look as nice as Van Stank's or MrS' or farside's. They look like my plants, which tend to look about the same when they get to similar points late in the grow. As long as I'm getting nice harvests I consider it a win!

Still, a lovely shade of green is something to shoot for.

Have you done a twinlinging tutorial then? It's not in your sig :).

I try not to compare my plants to other folks here. My plants never look as nice as Van Stank's or MrS' or farside's. They look like my plants, which tend to look about the same when they get to similar points late in the grow. As long as I'm getting nice harvests I consider it a win!
^^This

Perfectly said. Your plants look great Homer and your yield or quality will not be affected by and defs that you may have had before.

Another thing worth mentioning, and it's my thinking only with no data to back it up.

I grow in soil so I do believe that when a plant starts to get thirsty my medium has a better way of storing nutes and the roots will find what they want when needed. Whereras in a soiless mix such as Promix, when a plants starts to get thirsty it has nothing stored for it to use. The medium does not soak up and hold for later any nutrients so it's more important to have less of a dry cycle and more of a constant watering.
If you watered 4l every 4 days, then you would want to water 4L every 3 days until you found the plant was showing signs of wet feet which I doubt in Promix.

Again, I have no science or data to back my thinking, but if I had the same problems it's something I would consider.

Still, a lovely shade of green is something to shoot for.

Have you done a twinlinging tutorial then? It's not in your sig :).

I don't compare my plants out of a sense of keeping up with the Jones but instead, I use it as a barometer of what more I could accomplish with my grows because I figure the healthier my plants are the more energy they will have to develop sticky stinky buds. And I just enjoy tinkering with them and my system trying to figuring what they need. And yes a sea of green is very gratifying.

No I have not done a twinlinging tutorial but it is pretty much the same as a quadlinging but with 2 mains instead of 4. I think Sauga did a twinlinging tutorial if memory serves.

Another thing worth mentioning, and it's my thinking only with no data to back it up.

I grow in soil so I do believe that when a plant starts to get thirsty my medium has a better way of storing nutes and the roots will find what they want when needed. Whereras in a soiless mix such as Promix, when a plants starts to get thirsty it has nothing stored for it to use. The medium does not soak up and hold for later any nutrients so it's more important to have less of a dry cycle and more of a constant watering.
If you watered 4l every 4 days, then you would want to water 4L every 3 days until you found the plant was showing signs of wet feet which I doubt in Promix.

Again, I have no science or data to back my thinking, but if I had the same problems it's something I would consider.
Interesting because I have been trying to not overwater because I suspect, with no evidence other than a lack of other causes, that the sudden death of my Dinamed was from overwatering but because of your thinking I will try and keep her wetter. I am giving her 4L every other day and she is slightly droopy buy that time.

Interesting because I have been trying to not overwater because I suspect, with no evidence other than a lack of other causes, that the sudden death of my Dinamed was from overwatering but because of your thinking I will try and keep her wetter. I am giving her 4L every other day and she is slightly droopy buy that time.
I just know that watering techniques change between veg and flower. Of course they drink more, but it's important to keep them wet during flower. When I say wet there's a difference between drowning and always supplying them with water. If done correctly your roots wont get mushy and they will love the fact they don't spend their energy searching for water.

Good memory, but it wasn't a success in the end. Pretend it never happened ;)
I have no idea what you are talking about... ;)

I just know that watering techniques change between veg and flower. Of course they drink more, but it's important to keep them wet during flower. When I say wet there's a difference between drowning and always supplying them with water. If done correctly your roots wont get mushy and they will love the fact they don't spend their energy searching for water.
Yes, I do use Emilya's technique of drying them out in veg and trying to keep them moist in flower but since my Dinamed death I cut back a bit on watering during flowering but that may be a mistake. With my Dinamed I think my problem was once it got to the end of flowering and needed less water I kept giving it the same rate but now that my NL is in peak water phase I will try and keep her moister because of your recommendation. Thanks.

Right, and I'm sure you know that around 2 weeks before harvest the drinking really slows down. That's when you go easy.
Yes, I know that but I was preoccupied and I did not go easy, lol...

4 liters is only 1 gallon. Do you get any runoff at all with a gallon? My 7 gallon pots get at least 2 and my 10 gallon get 3.
No, with one gallon every two days in a five-gallon pot I don't get any runoff which was why I tried a flush a few weeks ago. Which is why I was thinking of getting a PPM meter to test my old soil but it would have been $40 with the calibrating solution so I passed on it.

I put this in the MegaCrop thread but I thought I would also put it in your journal.

I have two thoughts besides the natural fade I mentioned yesterday. If the pH of your medium has dropped (per a slurry test), that will restrict the uptake of certain nutes, including magnesium and potassium. Also, that is an enormous plant in a 5 gallon pot, and I would guess it might be rootbound. Rootbound plants, even in cloth bags, can show deficiencies not seen in a similar plant that is not rootbound, like your smaller ones.

Back
Top Bottom