Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

Wow Horse :thumb:

Nice score on the desiccator and beakers! Not quite dumpster diving but close enough :high-five:

SSU's companion product Purple Maxx is supposed to really bring out the purple so unless you got that by mistake it's gotta be the strain. What are your night temps these days I've heard real cool temps can bring it on too. Take care my friend!

Hell, I'd pay somebody else $5.50 to dive in a dumpster for me ;)

I was just goofin about the Purple Max, but have you noticed if the Snowstorm does anything to the stamens?

Temps are pretty steady, so it's just the strain. The Jamaican I put outside in early March turned purple in pretty short order, and I've had some outdoor plants get frosted in the fall that turned purple, so there is certainly a temp correlation... things is, when I've had plants turn purple from low temps, it didn't make them better, just purple ;)

awesome to hear about the purple! I was going to say what someone beat me to about the snow storm and purple maxx. Apparently purple maxx is the new version of snow storm ultra, with a slightly different formula.
Both of them are suppose to have virtually the same effect. It wont turn a plant purple that doesnt have it in its genetics. But it simply makes it far easier for the purple to come out if its hiding back in the genetic qualities of the plant. The cold temps will bring purple colors out onto some fan leaves, and a couple of other leaves, but its far fainter, and not on the buds themselves nearly as much as using this product, or cold temps with a genuine purple strain.
For example. You could turn white widow purple if you expose it to cold enough temperatures but if the temps arent cold, it wont turn purple and giving it purple maxx wont turn it purple either. But blackberry, a purple strain will do the same thing when exposed to colder temps, but it will tunr purple on the entire plant. Buds, leaves, everything. However, if you dont lower the temps with blackberry, chances are the purple will be very mild. All SSU and purple maxx do is help bring those colors out without the drop in temperature.

Im really not sure if that made any sense. but you shoud get the idea.

@ BD I would definitely flush that coco with water before you use it. Can also pre-charge with some calmag. I use aquashield as well, its basically just some bene's. Good stuff!

Thanks Marley I need to do my homework on this stuff, hopefully if my clones ever root I'll be able to try it out.

I was just goofin about the Purple Max, but have you noticed if the Snowstorm does anything to the stamens?

Temps are pretty steady, so it's just the strain. The Jamaican I put outside in early March turned purple in pretty short order, and I've had some outdoor plants get frosted in the fall that turned purple, so there is certainly a temp correlation... things is, when I've had plants turn purple from low temps, it didn't make them better, just purple ;)

I've never had a purple plant but I hope I do someday, if I order one it will be for a winter grow where I can drop the temps easily.

I haven't given them any of the SSU as a foliar yet, just as a drench. I may be as little as 2 1/2 weeks away with the bubblegums, do you think that's too close to do a foliar? It's kind of snuck up on me lol.

Hope all that nasty weather gave you a wide berth my friend, man what a mess I feel for those poor people. :peace:

Hey Horse. :)
Still holding my Snowstorm at bay, until you two figure out if it's good or bad. :popcorn:
You cover everything in here...headless bodies.....mimi horse fies.....even the color purple! :Rasta:

Hay Horse & TT! Just the guys I'm looking for. I picked up a bag of Botanicare CocoGro today, should I do anything to pre-charge it? Here's the write-up:

Cocogro has a very low salt content that is available in double-sieved long fibers to reduce dust and give ample space within the mix.

Cocogro has excellent drainage properties and can be used over a longer period of time than coir fiber with shorter fibers. With longer fibers and reduced dust, growers will experience an optimal air to water ratio, which is vital for strong root development.

Cocogro is unique because it is not chemically treated like other coir fibers on the market. Cocogro is a superior coir fiber because it is aged a minimum of 18 months and has finished its decomposition stage. In addition, Cocogro passes through at least three monsoon seasons, which naturally washes away harmful salts out of the final product. Most other coir fibers are only 4 to 5 months old and have excessive potassium and salts and thus have to be chemically treated.

* 100% organic coir fiber
* Optimum air to water ratio
* Superior plant yields versus conventional potting soil
* Flushed of excess sodium

I also picked up something called Aquashield by Botonicare and Clonex Clone Solution, he recommends them to help speed things along. I can't possibly do any worse. I'm going to use the advice of farnorth here and Mr. Smith in 420fieds grow and try to pick up the pace with the next clones. How big are your cuttings usually?

Thanks guys!

Hay BD, I rinse and charge the coco, too, per TT and Marley. I still had some cal/mag issues with straight coco. When I changed to 2 parts coco/ 1 part dirt, at least that problem went away :)

I'm still messing with the hydro cloning, it's all an experiment :grinjoint:

Hay Horse!

I could have sworn I was subbed to this journal, idk wtf happened. Either way, back on board now. Those buds are gorgeous man! Also great score on the dessicator. I use SS Ultra but not foliar, I heard foliar works great though (better than feeding in water). I also know it can run hot, maybe it's burning those pistils? By the looks of the pics though I see nothing wrong with them at all! Just danky goodness.

@ BD I would definitely flush that coco with water before you use it. Can also pre-charge with some calmag. I use aquashield as well, its basically just some bene's. Good stuff!

Hay Marley, thanks for the kind words, and welcome to the crawl!

I've been using the low end of SSUs recommendation, but the stuff definitely did something to the stamens. It also doubled the trichs, so I think I come out ahead :grinjoint:

awesome to hear about the purple! I was going to say what someone beat me to about the snow storm and purple maxx. Apparently purple maxx is the new version of snow storm ultra, with a slightly different formula.
Both of them are suppose to have virtually the same effect. It wont turn a plant purple that doesnt have it in its genetics. But it simply makes it far easier for the purple to come out if its hiding back in the genetic qualities of the plant. The cold temps will bring purple colors out onto some fan leaves, and a couple of other leaves, but its far fainter, and not on the buds themselves nearly as much as using this product, or cold temps with a genuine purple strain.
For example. You could turn white widow purple if you expose it to cold enough temperatures but if the temps arent cold, it wont turn purple and giving it purple maxx wont turn it purple either. But blackberry, a purple strain will do the same thing when exposed to colder temps, but it will tunr purple on the entire plant. Buds, leaves, everything. However, if you dont lower the temps with blackberry, chances are the purple will be very mild. All SSU and purple maxx do is help bring those colors out without the drop in temperature.

Im really not sure if that made any sense. but you shoud get the idea.

Ha, for some reason, that makes perfect sense :tokin:

Thanks Marley I need to do my homework on this stuff, hopefully if my clones ever root I'll be able to try it out.

I've never had a purple plant but I hope I do someday, if I order one it will be for a winter grow where I can drop the temps easily.

I haven't given them any of the SSU as a foliar yet, just as a drench. I may be as little as 2 1/2 weeks away with the bubblegums, do you think that's too close to do a foliar? It's kind of snuck up on me lol.

Hope all that nasty weather gave you a wide berth my friend, man what a mess I feel for those poor people. :peace:

Hay BD, If you have the slightest chance of getting mold, I'd keep drenching.

My set up, luckily, is really well ventilated, right now :)

My son just popped some Purple x Urkel... :yummy:

Hey Horse. :)
Still holding my Snowstorm at bay, until you two figure out if it's good or bad. :popcorn:
You cover everything in here...headless bodies.....mimi horse fies.....even the color purple! :Rasta:

High OMM, I'm pretty sure the SSU is good, it's the applicator that can be bad :)

We are trying to stay up the kids :smokin: I hear headless-mini-purple-gnat skin coats are all the rage this year ;)

Hay BD, If you have the slightest chance of getting mold, I'd keep drenching.

My set up, luckily, is really well ventilated, right now :)

My son just popped some Purple x Urkel... :yummy:

Purple Urkel is without doubt one of the most awesome strains I've gotten ahold of. I've never grown it, but came by 1z worth a couple of years ago from a friend. It was so tasty it was ridiculous. The closest I've come since is the Blueberry I just harvested - which is still curing and has a chance of taking that crown. Until trying Urkel, I didn't know weed could taste and smell so good. It tasted and smelled like grape flowers. I cant believe I'm saying this, but it was going for $450 per z and it was worth every penny. Fortunately, I got the friendship discount. ;)

I dont know how this turned into the purple weed page, but im all for it! I love love purple weed. Its the definition of the word bag appeal.
I cant wait to grow my blackberry and purple haze out.
Well see how the purple maxx works on meant to be purple strains.
I started foliar feeding with it tonight, so well see if it makes a difference foliar feeding vs soil feeding or both!

Horse how you doing sir?

I dont know how this turned into the purple weed page, but im all for it! I love love purple weed. Its the definition of the word bag appeal.
I cant wait to grow my blackberry and purple haze out.
Well see how the purple maxx works on meant to be purple strains.
I started foliar feeding with it tonight, so well see if it makes a difference foliar feeding vs soil feeding or both!

Horse how you doing sir?

Hay farnorth, The Purple Haze, ha! The White Ruskies are still purpling. They may have 3 more weeks to chunk it up. I'm hoping :yummy:

I don't know about the purple maxx, but after the first foliar feeding, the snowstorm put a visible new frosting on the Jacks under the T5s by the next day.

I just started hitting all the bloomers with a SSU drench, and I think I'll keep doing it once a week til quittin time. I am impressed with this product.

I cleaned out the cloner per your insructions, got all the spray heads working evenly, did a little more scarifying, and added 15ml of ThriveAlive organic. The cuttings may have been past the point of no return, but since I don't have anymore right now, it's worth trying to revive them.

I think this ezcloner holds around 7gals of water. I figured I'd go lightly on the ThriveAlive at first? Maybe put in 15ml more tonight. What do you think? Also, do you add any more while they're still in the apparatus?

Thanks for checking in. I've been laid up in the prone position for 2 days with a backside condition, and I'm trying to figure out how to feed the garden tonight... so far I've come up with very slooooowly :Rasta:

Thanks again for stoopin in ;)

I am glad to hear how much you like the SSU. I foliar fed for the first time tonight, so if this product works like your SSu does, I should be pretty happy tomorrow.

As far as the thrive alive goes. Yeah I would start with a little and add more or take away as you see results. And to answer your question. You know i dont actually add any more as the plants go on. I suppose that wouldnt be a bad thing to try, as im leaving my clones in the cloner for 10 days and the roots are of such size.
Id say it most likely wont hurt anything by adding more as time passes.
Glad to hear I could be of some help to someone here on this site.
It really makes me appreciate this pace more and more every post i make or read.

Hay farnorth, The Purple Haze, ha! The White Ruskies are still purpling. They may have 3 more weeks to chunk it up. I'm hoping :yummy:

I don't know about the purple maxx, but after the first foliar feeding, the snowstorm put a visible new frosting on the Jacks under the T5s by the next day.

I just started hitting all the bloomers with a SSU drench, and I think I'll keep doing it once a week til quittin time. I am impressed with this product.

I cleaned out the cloner per your insructions, got all the spray heads working evenly, did a little more scarifying, and added 15ml of ThriveAlive organic. The cuttings may have been past the point of no return, but since I don't have anymore right now, it's worth trying to revive them.

I think this ezcloner holds around 7gals of water. I figured I'd go lightly on the ThriveAlive at first? Maybe put in 15ml more tonight. What do you think? Also, do you add any more while they're still in the apparatus?

Thanks for checking in. I've been laid up in the prone position for 2 days with a backside condition, and I'm trying to figure out how to feed the garden tonight... so far I've come up with very slooooowly :Rasta:

Thanks again for stoopin in ;)

Man I feel ya on the laid up thing, Horse. I'm going through a really rough patch myself right now. Heating pad and lots of herbal remedy, still no relief. I'm hoping my seedling can get by without me tonight, not sure I'm up to it (how pathetic is that!). Hope you start feeling better soon, brother.

Man I feel ya on the laid up thing, Horse. I'm going through a really rough patch myself right now. Heating pad and lots of herbal remedy, still no relief. I'm hoping my seedling can get by without me tonight, not sure I'm up to it (how pathetic is that!). Hope you start feeling better soon, brother.

Thanks for the well wishes Xlr8r, and I hope the same for you.

I did hobble down to the crawl, mix up the bloom nutes, and give the girls a 4 course meal...Who sez farmin ain't tough;)

Back
Top Bottom