Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

Gonna be lots of fat bud Horse:thumb:
Snowstorm, eh. Seems to work just fine. Looking very frosty. Even the small Jacks are loaded with crystal. Great things happenin' in the crawl.

I'd definitely regen the Russian and Hawaiian. I'll have to check but I think it took just around a month for the first single leaves to show when I regenned my widow. Just leave sufficient foliage to keep the plants goin for a while, it didn't take a lot. I gave mine a couple of dark days to help with the switch.

:goodjob::thumb:

took a quick look back. page 48, post 719 in my 288w grow has a couple of pics of the regen with the first single leaf new growth.

Thanks for that Mick, got to run, but I'll be reading up on that :thumb:

Hay Horse! :)

Mmmmick beat me to it and he's totally right. Especially the part about leaving enough growth on it. What I've seen nosing around 420 that seems to be the key to successful regrowth. Cheers! :Rasta:

Hay OMM, I'm hoping our clone fairy can hit us with some cuttings. The gnats are still hanging around, although in way diminished numbers, so I'd love to get the infested pots out of the crawl.

I'd really like to check the root balls, to see if there is any damage, or if I'm just being paranoid and need to learn to get along with the little bastards.:Rasta:

High Mick, I found your regen pics, thanks :thumb:

Did you feed the stumps veg nutes? Put them on 24/7 light period? Hit them with as much veg light as you could? I have been vegging at 16/8 under T5s, think that might work? How long did it take for you to be able to take cuttings?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a very nosey horse :tokin:

Those are looking great sir. what are the timelines on the rest of the plants for how many days until hey are finished... any idea?

Timelines, ha, ha, ha!

I haven't had a plant yet, that perfectly fit any seed stores' descriptions. The plants haven't looked exactly like anything I've seen growing on the net, either. It's always close, but no ceegar :) And then there's the fact that I have to adapt to the crawlspace's conditions at any given time...

That said, the T5 Jacks, maybe 2 weeks.

Hawaiian, I'm not exactly sure if it's an 80 day girl or what.

Flo may be a mongrel, so again, I'll wait her out... but maybe 3-4 weeks?

It is so different outside, for me... it takes all summer :Rasta:

Hay OMM, I'm hoping our clone fairy can hit us with some cuttings. The gnats are still hanging around, although in way diminished numbers, so I'd love to get the infested pots out of the crawl.

I'd really like to check the root balls, to see if there is any damage, or if I'm just being paranoid and need to learn to get along with the little bastards.:Rasta:

High Horse. :)

Wish you luck on the clones. For gods sake check them, no matter where they come from. You don't need anymore bugs.
I don't know if I would want to look at the roots, I might find something that would make distrust the rest of the girls. Sorry I get a wee bit paranoid sometimes. :smokin: Hope your well my Friend. :surf:

High Horse. :)

Wish you luck on the clones. For gods sake check them, no matter where they come from. You don't need anymore bugs.
I don't know if I would want to look at the roots, I might find something that would make distrust the rest of the girls. Sorry I get a wee bit paranoid sometimes. :smokin: Hope your well my Friend. :surf:

Hey OMM, Yep, I've got enough bugs already! Clones have been pest free (well, except for me) so far. I've been using a prevent defense, too :Rasta:

The roots are where it's at, man, the foundation. I'm very curious as to what's going on down there... undercover work :)

High Mick, I found your regen pics, thanks :thumb:

Did you feed the stumps veg nutes? Put them on 24/7 light period? Hit them with as much veg light as you could? I have been vegging at 16/8 under T5s, think that might work? How long did it take for you to be able to take cuttings?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a very nosey horse :tokin:

No problem Horse.

I gave the regen a mild veg fert, like 10% or so, didn't think it needed much with no active growth going on. Under 30w of flouros 24/7 after a couple of days in the dark. I'm sure your lighting schedule will work fine. I didn't let it get to the point of taking cuttings because I had one clone survive from the same mother so I just let the regen go until it showed new veg growth, sorry.

Questions are good, never too many.:thumb:

Hi Horse! Just checking in it's been awhile. Good luck on the regen. I fought those pesky gnats almost my entire grow. I tried the bti bits and they did seem to help a little but I finally got fed up and said the hell with it. Funny thing is a soon as I flushed with FF Sledghammer flush the prob went almost completely away. Then I put those sticky traps in again and now I have NONE! Go figure!

:peacetwo:

No problem Horse.

I gave the regen a mild veg fert, like 10% or so, didn't think it needed much with no active growth going on. Under 30w of flouros 24/7 after a couple of days in the dark. I'm sure your lighting schedule will work fine. I didn't let it get to the point of taking cuttings because I had one clone survive from the same mother so I just let the regen go until it showed new veg growth, sorry.

Questions are good, never too many.:thumb:

Great Mick, thanks :thumb:

The White Russians should be ready to take down next week... they'll be the first Guinea pigs. :Rasta:

Hi Horse! Just checking in it's been awhile. Good luck on the regen. I fought those pesky gnats almost my entire grow. I tried the bti bits and they did seem to help a little but I finally got fed up and said the hell with it. Funny thing is a soon as I flushed with FF Sledghammer flush the prob went almost completely away. Then I put those sticky traps in again and now I have NONE! Go figure!

Hay Macguverup! Today I had to get some coco from a tub I keep in a shed... gnats :( Then I had to get some dirt I keep in another shed... gnats :( :(

I've got to check out Sledgehammer... I've got the yellow cards :)

Trying to do a perpetual grow has it's drawbacks ;)

Hay Macguverup! Today I had to get some coco from a tub I keep in a shed... gnats :( Then I had to get some dirt I keep in another shed... gnats :( :(

I've got to check out Sledgehammer... I've got the yellow cards :)

Trying to do a perpetual grow has it's drawbacks ;)

Hey Horse, Sheeit all grows have some drawbacks, for me there mostly setbacks lol! Since I don't know diddly my guess is that the gnats really love the organics and when I flushed as I was starting the FF trio, Open Sesame, Beatsie B, and Cha Ching, and began flushing on a regular schedule with the sledge, is that the organics were reduced just enough to get some measure of control over the little shits. But I really don't know. Another thing that may be a contributor is that the flush also is a surfactant and most creepy little crawly flying things don't like surfactants as it destroys protective oils.

Best of luck your grow lucks awesome so I'm not so sure that the little buggers have caused any substantial damage. I'm just about to harvest (check out my picks from today) and since I had the same issue I'm not convinced how much damage they really cause, as I had a major infestation.

*&%*!#$% Gnats!!! Good luck with the eradication, Horse!

Hey Horse, Sheeit all grows have some drawbacks, for me there mostly setbacks lol! Since I don't know diddly my guess is that the gnats really love the organics and when I flushed as I was starting the FF trio, Open Sesame, Beatsie B, and Cha Ching, and began flushing on a regular schedule with the sledge, is that the organics were reduced just enough to get some measure of control over the little shits. But I really don't know. Another thing that may be a contributor is that the flush also is a surfactant and most creepy little crawly flying things don't like surfactants as it destroys protective oils.

Best of luck your grow lucks awesome so I'm not so sure that the little buggers have caused any substantial damage. I'm just about to harvest (check out my picks from today) and since I had the same issue I'm not convinced how much damage they really cause, as I had a major infestation.

Hay Horse what's happening down in the crawl bro?

Thanks for checking in folks!

Jack III got the chop yesterday. She had the densest buds yet, of all the plants I've grown in the crawl. Smells much spicier than the Jacks before, and I think she is substantially stickier, too :cheer:

She started out at 31" and ended up at 40" in what looks like 100 days... but that was back before records of such things were kept :tokin: Man, that's a long frickin time.

DSC09363.jpg

DSC09405.jpg

DSC09404.jpg

DSC09398.jpg

DSC09402.jpg

DSC09399.jpg

DSC09406.jpg

So, maybe 3zs of good bud? I've got a couple of misclips in the dessicator for sampling purposes only... and I'll deconstruct the root ball shortly.

L8tr catz

Congrats Horse! Is this your first run with SSU? It may be my imagination but this first ak I harvested and jarred, which got SSU, seems much stickier than the first go round without it.

Congrats Horse! Is this your first run with SSU? It may be my imagination but this first ak I harvested and jarred, which got SSU, seems much stickier than the first go round without it.

Howdy BlueDog, yup, this is the 1st that has had any snowstorm... and, yep she's sticky icky :cheer:

I just tore up the rootball. Interesting to say the least.

DSC09408.jpg

DSC09409.jpg

The medium is 2 parts coco to 1 part container soil on top of 3-4" of chunky perlite resevoir in a short 10l Trader Joe's pot. I mulched the top with around 1" of hydroton.

Usually there are a ton of air roots under the hydroton. This pot had a few to none. I think I've used 2-3" of hydroton in the past, and that it does make a difference. Note the zinc infuser.

DSC09410.jpg

When I pulled the ball, almost all the perlite stayed in the bucket.

DSC09415.jpg

DSC09412.jpg

DSC09413.jpg

There were not a lot of roots in the res, and they seemed to break apart from the coco/dirt. Root gnats? I have to go back in my journal to see if this happened before.

The root ball seemed different, too.

I'm not sure which side was facing the vertical light, but there is a definite difference in the two sides.

DSC09411.jpg

DSC09415.jpg

The root ball kind of broke apart in vertical layers. I can't remember how many times I repotted this girl... and, I've got no idea if it makes any difference, but better records are in order!

DSC09414.jpg

I had thought that Jack II was the last OC+ plant I finished, but lo and behold, there was a charge of prills directly under one early repotted root ball. I had read that directly placing the full charge there had produced the heaviest yield in tests. This seems to be my heaviest yield.

I'm not sure how much the OC+ played in this plant's growth since the temps were on the cool side (not cold, though, mostly 60-70° +/- 5°), and I used GH Maxi dry nutes in lower end dosages.

When I broke up the core root ball, the roots were pretty healthy looking. No obvious signs of gnat damage, rot, or discoloration.

DSC09416.jpg

DSC09417.jpg

I did not see any gnatish, or other, larvae, so I put some aging Yukon Gold tater slices around to see if I could tempt anything to show.

DSC09420.jpg

I hadn't watered the pot in over a week. There was no standing water in the res, and the medium was damp all the way to under the hydroton. She used to need a refill every 3 days, so I'm sure she was ripe for the plucking.

Back
Top Bottom