Hot vs Cold Extraction

77Camaro

So I have been doing a chit load of reading on CBD extraction. It seems like high proof alcohol might be one of the better ways to get most of the valuable love off the plant. However, tried it many times and just hate the taste!

So I want to stick with organic coconut oil because I like the taste way better than olive & glycerin. There are lots of different recipe's out there that use both heat and cold methods. I have tried leaving some of the dinamed cbd in glycerin for 2 months and then squeezing it in cheesecloth and I have used a slow cooker for hours. I just wish I knew the better method of getting the most off the plant!

I also understand that what works for one person may not work for another !

Hopefully, someday there will be easy ways of testing CBD levels but till then....what's your thoughts.

I'm getting a rosin press for extraction, then mixing the rosin with coconut oil and decarboxylating before putting the result in capsules.

For a test kit, I'm looking at Canalytics Supply. They say the plates are good for 4-5 tests, but you can only use them once. You can put the 4-5 samples on the plate before running the test. I intend to try using a glass cutter to split the plates.

I should have results in May.

Currently I decarboxylate the flower in the oven, and then grind the flower with a coffee grinder before putting it into capsules. A #2 will hold 150mg, while a #0 will hold 250mg or 1/4gm. The problem with this is that the amount of CBD is not consistent amoung capsules.

I'm getting a rosin press for extraction, then mixing the rosin with coconut oil and decarboxylating before putting the result in capsules.

For a test kit, I'm looking at Canalytics Supply. They say the plates are good for 4-5 tests, but you can only use them once. You can put the 4-5 samples on the plate before running the test. I intend to try using a glass cutter to split the plates.

I should have results in May.

Currently I decarboxylate the flower in the oven, and then grind the flower with a coffee grinder before putting it into capsules. A #2 will hold 150mg, while a #0 will hold 250mg or 1/4gm. The problem with this is that the amount of CBD is not consistent amoung capsules.

Thank you for this wealth of information old salt! Now you have me looking at a rosin press lol Really not that expensive on fleabay!

I also checked out the Canalytics Supplies! That was a great help also. I may start with the test kit first to see how much CBD my stuff has in it.

I will keep you posted here!

THANKS

Thank you for this wealth of information old salt! Now you have me looking at a rosin press lol Really not that expensive on fleabay!

I also checked out the Canalytics Supplies! That was a great help also. I may start with the test kit first to see how much CBD my stuff has in it.

I will keep you posted here!

THANKS

Take a look at DabPress, one of our sponsors. They have good reviews. I'm going for a complete 3 X5 10 ton unit from them, once I get my tax refund. I can't build it for what they are charging.

I'm leaning towards their suggestion of their $200 plate kit used in a Harbor Freight press (that $100 press has its own springs so there isn't any need for the plates to have their own).

Back
Top Bottom