Hot vs. Cold Water - Which wins?

kittykiwi

okay,
I completed the experiment. Wednesday I smoked through my bubbler...same kind of weed...with hot almost steaming water. The results - the hit is great. It is smooth and I never coughed. Thursday night I smoked with icy cold water...same kind of weed. The results- the hit was hard. It made me cough a lot, but I got high as hell.

The winner---Icy cold water...why? B/c it gets you higher.

P.s. gonna try eating a mango this weekend one hour b4 I smoke which is supposed to make you higher b/c of chemical components in it and compare it too not eating it and then smoking. Will post results Sunday or Monday.
Thanx Guys! I'll keep the experiments coming.:ganjamon:

Re: Hot vs. Cold Water---Which wins?

I don't really believe one gets you higher or not, it's all in your head. I have hit my bubbler with almost steaming hot water and I did get a lot of taste, but I cant tell you I was less high.

I know eating an avocado with lemon juice and raw marijuana is supposed to make you feel the effects more, so it might do something with smoking as well. Probably nothing too noticeable though.

I prefer using cold water. I like to chill. Sometimes I'll put my bub in the freezer for a few minutes and I use iced water.

I've only hit off a bong once so I can't weigh in on my opinion on this but I had to say that getting high and eating some excellent Indian food will also give you this increased body buzz that's phenomenal.

:peace:

Cool thanks for the info guys. The cold vs. hot was just what happened in my observations. IDK why it came out with those results, but it did. Thx. I'm gonna try red wine and orange juice next.:cheesygrinsmiley:

i prefer cool-cold water although mine's usually room temp.... im a slacker, i change my water once a day...2 if im lazy

Never heard of the mango thing, let us know how the experiment turns out.
I prefer cold water.

Cold water should, theoretically (sp?), get you a bigger hit. Colder, condensed smoke hits warm lung tissue and expands, big tokes. Snow bongs all day long baby. I finally did knife hits the other night for the first time with hash, that was wicked. Peace out...

I my gosh..I love knife hits. I haven't done it in a while, but they're awesome. How'd you like it. I remember my first knife hit...I was so blowed.:smokin:
P.S. I'm completing the mango experiment tonight, and will post results tom.thx.

thank you kiwi for this post, i tried the warm water earlier today and found it equally enjoyable as the cold water. its much different but still good. its almost like the water turns to vapor and you breath it in along with the smoke, resulting in a very refreshing pull.

:joint:

I my gosh..I love knife hits. I haven't done it in a while, but they're awesome. How'd you like it. I remember my first knife hit...I was so blowed.:smokin:
P.S. I'm completing the mango experiment tonight, and will post results tom.thx.
those knife hits rocked my world. I had never even seen anyone do any kind of knife hit, we were out of weed and he scored some hash and we didn't want to waste it. I woke up on my love seat at 3:30 am covered in candy wrappers and watching home shopping network. It was really spacey and had incredible body high with it...

Badfishmon- Yeah...that sounds awesome. Glad to hear you enjoyed it with candy wrappers and all. Thats freakin awesome.:ganjamon:

Fishsticks - your very much welcome. The hot air is def smoother and refreshing, but like InYourEndo said the cold gets you higher...it's really science that defines that. So if you wanna get your high on...I say go for the cold...really cold. I've been changing my water every time I smoke now, and I keep icy water in the freezer. It really makes a difference in your high. I'll smoke two bowls reg. water, and just one with icy cold water...to result to the same high. :bongrip:
Endo- thanks for that post. Really love the way you just put it out there...facts. you're right...it's science. I guess I gotta know something since I teach science. Great talk man.:peace:

good thread kitty,

i tell ya theres nothing better than freshly cleaned glass and a nice full bowl, i spent like 45 min cleaning out my LUx perc last night after about 2 months of neglect... it was like a bought a whole new piece... amazing..

can someone explain how knife hits work? i have heard about them but never really looked into them. do you need 2 people? and does it only work with hash? or is it a waste of weed?

thanks peeps.
Endo
Thanks. Yeah knife hits only work with hash, and it's better to have two people. We take a plastic bottle (like coke cola 20 oz. or something) and cut off the top. One person puts one knife on the stove, then put the hash on top of that knife. Then the person taking the hit holds the cut off bottle to their mouth while the other person takes the knife off the stove, and squishes it (the hash) with another knife...this causes a lot of smoke to come up from it. Then you just suck it(the smoke)through the bottle while the other person holds it underneath. That's just how we do it, and it's great. But I'm sure there are other ways to do it. Kinda detailed but just tryin to give you a picture of whats happening.:loopy:
thought I'd put that icon cause it's how it makes me feel after a knife hit...LOL.:peace:

yep thats how you do it, i use a propane torch, it just makes it faster. and it will work with buds, as long as theres lots of crystals. i have never tried it with anything other than really good bud, and im sure it would only be a bad idea.

:joint:

look it up on youtube, there wil prolly be some vid's on it.

I have always found (this is out of a bong not a bubbler if that matters) that warm water dose not make me cough so i prefer warm water

I use cold water with ice... Makes the hit smooth, I don't know about usin hot water never heard of that there lol...

Thanks. Yeah knife hits only work with hash, and it's better to have two people. We take a plastic bottle (like coke cola 20 oz. or something) and cut off the top.

We always used the 2 litre pop bottles and cut off the bottom (and put holes in it) then you can fill the pop bottle with ice and re-insert the bottom upside down to hold the ice in. It made hot knifing awesome but after a lot of hoots the ice would start to melt so you always had to remember to put it back in the freezer inbetween.

Back
Top Bottom