Lights - (8) 23 Watt CFL 6500k, (1) 32 Watt CFL 2700k
Nutrients - General Hydronponics, Floranova
Medium - Ecoscraps Potting Mix
PH - ~6.4
RH - 55% - 65%
Room Temperature -71 to 84
Room Square Footage - 2' x 2' x 3'
Pests - None Known

Ha I have literally spent the last 6 hours looking at every forum and grow guide I could find to try and figure this out and I finally give up.

2 days ago I gave the plants there first feeding, 1 ml of floranova grow and 1 ml of rapidstart mixed into 1 gallon of water, ph'd to 6.4. I used lemon juice to lower the ph. A little over 12 hours ago I noticed these strange brown spots on the leaves, they appear to be growing (I think), the spots that is. They appear to be almost necrotic eating the leaves at least on one of the plants. The leaves do not feel dry, they still feel healthy, except on the brown spots. The spots are only on the first set of leaves and I haven't found them anywhere else. I do notice some discoloration on some of the new growth. I can't figure out what's going on, it looks like calcium, boron, or nitrogen deficiency, or regular nute burn. My friend says aphids. LOL please help. Any and all help is appreciated.
20151119_044047_1_.jpg
20151119_044018_1_.jpg
20151119_043844_1_.jpg

gosh dangit, thats what I was afraid of, well i guess it's not the worst thing I could've done. I'm guessing my soil is too hot. Apparently from there website, the soil is a mix of composted food scraps, aeration material (wood chips), and perlite. Should I just leave it be and let it work itself out or should I flush the soil? Floranova is General Hydroponics new line, I guess. They sent it to me as a free sample. It says super concentrated. So I am definitely gonna go with go4snypr and Tead's suggestion. Thank you both, I have a tendency to over-analyze everything.

I might flush. Like I said.. 1ml is sure not much... but apparently enough to tip the boat.
Flush and let them dry. Early damage like this is not really such a horrible thing and very common. They'll recover just fine once you get the stew to a flavor they like.
Hold off on feeding for a good while. Let them get a good bit bigger before you start a feeding program. Then, when you do feed, start VERY light and try to watch for color change in the new growth of the plant. If new growth is as dark as the older growth, you're probably at or near the limits. If the leaves start "clawing" you've gone over the limit. If you start seeing nitrogen burn, you've gone way over.

Plants that young do not need (and should not get) nutrients. The first thing new growers must learn is patience. Next, I suggest reading up on correct watering techniques.
The most common problem for new growers is loving their plants to death. They water too often and feed to much stuff in hopes of growing bigger, better plants. I'm not familiar with that soil mix, but if it is appropriate for our crop, just sit back and let her do her thing for a few weeks. She will bounce back with any luck. Young seedlings are mostly busy below the surface, building their roots.
:welcome: to :420:

Back
Top Bottom