How am I doing?

cyanarnofsky

Hi guys, new here and to Hydroponics. I did 6 in soil for my very first ever grow a few months back and had great results with just CFL (I was going for cheap as possible to see if I could do it :p). I have 2 in soil now and have upgraded my lighting to a 400HPS for flowering but vegging under CFL right now.

I had a little worry as the leaves seem to no be very perky and the edges look like they are starting to curl inwards.....light too close? Thanks for your guys thoughts!

Plant Age - 2.5 weeks
PH - 5.9-6.2 over last week
PPH - 600
Water Temp: 73-76

My setup is a 18 gallon tote, 2 medium air stones, with a pump that pumps water to a 1" tube around the rim of the tote which has 4 (per basket), 1/4" plastic nozzles that shoot a small stream of water from the rez at the sides of the baskets. I have ordered better top feeding rings that will feed consistently rather than my black hose with holes, thinking maybe I should scrap the "sprayers" inside and just top feed?

Firstly welcome to :420: youll find heaps of helpful info here on dwc and other techniques!
You have them in soil in dwc? Some pictures would be very helpful. I wouldn't recommend using a soil medium in dwc, an inert medium such as rockwool or hydroton or a mix of both would be best. When I run dwc I like to keep a sterile environment so mixing organics such as soil would not work. Im sorry but without photos it is hard to comment on your setup in more detail.
Feel free to drop in on my journal and ask all the questions you like or better still start your own!. The link is in my signature.

Is there no image with that first post? Should have been.

My tote is different, got a black on that lets 100% no light through as this blue on in the image was leaking light somewhere and had brown algae starting. So fixed that, started over with my water.

I have 2 medium airstones under each pot in the water, then as you can see the nozzels feed under and I have top feeding rings. So far they have been growing but it seems a touch slow and the leaves seem to droop down more that up and perky. Curious if I am missing some sound advice to get them up to speed veg wise and perk them up but then again this is my first every hydro so maybe I am just over cautious to the leaves being a little droopy.

Here is a image of the internal setup.

Back
Top Bottom