How and when should I prune this plant?

just looking at the 2 pics .. you are trying to cut way to close to the tips of growing branches ..

drop you hand down a foot or 2 and rip out that bottom crap..

cheers

When you say to rip out the "bottom crap", do you mean all leaves, stems and everything or just leaves? There is a lot of spouts in there that will probably just be popcorn buds. I don't think there is enough time for them to grow into any kind of long branches. So better to get rid of them now?

When you say to rip out the "bottom crap", do you mean all leaves, stems and everything or just leaves? There is a lot of spouts in there that will probably just be popcorn buds. I don't think there is enough time for them to grow into any kind of long branches. So better to get rid of them now?
u want top buds.. take it all out look at pic..

id plant that plant in the ground out side .. just let it grow looks like hell and had shit kick out of it ..

cheers..
One thing I should mention is this plant is kind of like a form of monster cropping. The branch that it was, broke off of the plant last fall during a wind storm about 2 or 3 weeks into flowering. I threw the branch into some water in an empty nutrient bottle and while it sat in water on my window sill, the buds kept developing. When I discovered it rooted, I harvested the buds but tried to keep the branch intact as much as I could and then planted it into a 1 gallon pot and kept a light on it along with the sunlight to keep it from budding again. I probably should have planted it deeper in the fabric 5 gallon pot so it didn't have such a long trunk.. This is why it's growing so weird.

So I thinned this plant out quite a bit, defoliating it and getting rid of several sucker branches on the inside. Should I go further and take any more out or does it look pretty good?

I keep thinking about doing some monster cropping but we keep having these sudden wind storms and microbursts and I just know, the day I monster crop, a sudden microburst will come through and break those branches off. How long does it usually take for a monster cropped to to heal and be strong?

1A7D7CEE-DC4B-4D84-BD8B-DA36ACBFB58E.jpeg

9B3EB322-24A5-4248-8488-A513ED712642.jpeg

838B6273-E37A-48C7-84CA-332525702445.jpeg

FEDD7236-B184-4A3F-9194-0FCD5B380BD1.jpeg

You mean supercrop. ;) And they should knuckle up within 2-3 days after the internal snap. You can always put a small weight on them to hold them horizontal while they do.

But at this stage I would leave it alone and let it flower. About 3 weeks after you see pistils you can go back and see what you want to take off and what you want to keep.

So I thinned this plant out quite a bit, defoliating it and getting rid of several sucker branches on the inside. Should I go further and take any more out or does it look pretty good?

I keep thinking about doing some monster cropping but we keep having these sudden wind storms and microbursts and I just know, the day I monster crop, a sudden microburst will come through and break those branches off. How long does it usually take for a monster cropped to to heal and be strong?

1A7D7CEE-DC4B-4D84-BD8B-DA36ACBFB58E.jpeg

9B3EB322-24A5-4248-8488-A513ED712642.jpeg

838B6273-E37A-48C7-84CA-332525702445.jpeg

FEDD7236-B184-4A3F-9194-0FCD5B380BD1.jpeg
Some potassium silicate will help strengthen branches.
But in the end you may have to rig up a support system for her.
Once she gets huge buds a rainfall could snap them at the stem.
Bill

Some potassium silicate will help strengthen branches.
But in the end you may have to rig up a support system for her.
Once she gets huge buds a rainfall could snap them at the stem.
Bill
I have been giving Dyna Gro Pro Tekt since it was potted and the plant it came from was grown with Dyna Gro Pro Tekt. I got a bunch of sample bottles at the last Indo Expo. I don't know if that is a good brand of silicate? I have some small stakes on it but I will probably need to make a kind of a tomato cage for it since it has such a tall trunk. I wish I would have repotted it in the smart pot with the rootball all the way to the bottom of the pot to reduce that truck length.

I have been giving Dyna Gro Pro Tekt since it was potted and the plant it came from was grown with Dyna Gro Pro Tekt. I got a bunch of sample bottles at the last Indo Expo. I don't know if that is a good brand of silicate? I have some small stakes on it but I will probably need to make a kind of a tomato cage for it since it has such a tall trunk. I wish I would have repotted it in the smart pot with the rootball all the way to the bottom of the pot to reduce that truck length.
Its a good brand no worries, .5 ml per liter of ph,d water once a week.
If you steak the perimeter and run twine around for support it works similar to a tomato cage.
I have mine tied open till they get heavy, then tied up.hehe
I also check where the branch meets the stem.
If the knuckle looks susceptible I zip tie it and run some duct tape around it for added support.
I had a branch with a couple ounces break off mid flower once.
Only once, never again.
Anything that needs extra support gets it.
It looks like a dogs breakfast but I haven't lost a branch since.
Better to look at what needs support than what needed support. :rofl:
Great work my friend.
Good things to come.
Bill

Its a good brand no worries, .5 ml per liter of ph,d water once a week.
If you steak the perimeter and run twine around for support it works similar to a tomato cage.
I have mine tied open till they get heavy, then tied up.hehe
I also check where the branch meets the stem.
If the knuckle looks susceptible I zip tie it and run some duct tape around it for added support.
I had a branch with a couple ounces break off mid flower once.
Only once, never again.
Anything that needs extra support gets it.
It looks like a dogs breakfast but I haven't lost a branch since.
Better to look at what needs support than what needed support. :rofl:
Great work my friend.
Good things to come.
Bill
Yeah, I’m looking at a junction that could be a problem that I should either zip tie or duck tape. I see some small cracks that will split with added weight of colas.

Is it usually the case that clones can be less flexible and more woody than plants from seeds because they are basically genetically older? My clones always look so much woodier than plants from seeds.

I have several little shoots that are growing on the inside of the plant that don’t reach the top or the end of the sides. Should I cut those out leave them until the flowering stretch and then deal with them?

53A14D39-39CD-48D3-935B-4906DA70EE9D.jpeg

2DD0859D-7B24-42D0-A25A-57132A470B06.jpeg
Its outside in the sun.
Everything on that girl is going to produce. :love:
I personally wouldn't touch a hair on her head.:Namaste:
I like to let mine fulfill their destiny.
Bill

Joker,
I'm by no means an expert, however, think of the big fan leaves as solar panels for your plant's energy. Pruning them off too soon will give the end result less potency. I grow mine in the ground each year. I'm on my 3rd year of growing and live in the north east where I usually have to harvest in mid September to early October. I will start pruning some of the bigger lighter colored fan leaves off in early September. I've had people tell me I'm crazy and that is not necessarily false, lol, but anyone I have let try what I've harvested has not been disappointed. Go with your gut and keep your plant healthy. Prune later in the year and you won't be sorry.

Depends on how you feel about trimming lots of small flowers!

I hate it so I remove anything that won't produce big full colas, and I grow outside in the sun.

If you don't mind, leave them for now at least and you can always take them off after stretch in mid-August if you want.
I DREAD TRIMMING .. any trimmers out there working for weed?

Depends on how you feel about trimming lots of small flowers!

I hate it so I remove anything that won't produce big full colas, and I grow outside in the sun.

If you don't mind, leave them for now at least and you can always take them off after stretch in mid-August if you want.
Yeah, I hate the trimming so that's why I have done and want to do some more pruning now. I have lollipoped it some and do want to try to eliminate the possible popcorn buds. I am always scared to go too far and then at trimming5 time, wish I had gone further.

Back
Top Bottom