How and where do I cut my clones?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
An internode is the place on the stem where the leaf (plus its stem)
intersect the main stem. When taking a cutting you must cut it long enough to have at least one
trimmed internode under the medium. Try to take a cutting that is at least 3 inches long. I visualize where to cut first.
I'll cut the branch about a half inch below the node I plan on
being below the surface of the medium (more than one node can be under
the medium surface).
Once the cut has been made, I trim off all leaves and branches except the top two fan leaves and the growing tip of the branch. This will leave a nice stem for planting.

does it have to be a mother plant or can it be from a veging or flowering plant?

You can easily take a cutting from a vegging plant. With a flowering plant, it would depend on how far into flowering the plant was; the farther along, the more stress involved in getting the cutting back to a vegging state. I would wager that the farther along, the more likely you'd end up with hermies.

Just my opinion, not speaking from experience, except for cuttings from vegging plants.

ok so what is the value of of female or mother, male, and hermie as far as thc contenet and desirabiliaty. Or, can you cook with a hermie like a mother?

female produces buds
male produces pollen
mother = easy way to get many 100% female clones
hermie = seeds in your buds, and reduced bud quality

i really suggest you start reading more.. all these questions are considered to be the bare minimum basics, and are answered in great detail around the forum.

being "spoon fed" with answers works.. but you only learn certain peoples ways of doing things, and if they do something "wrong" then you will to.

The best way is to just start reading.. all the info is here. just have to find it. hell.. i suggest not even planting a seed until you have read for 6 months at least...

i read for 3 years before even planting a seed... and i thought i had everything nailed down... boy was i wrong. its a learning curve that will never end and the best way to get through, is read read read, and then trial and error until you get it right.

good luck!

female produces buds
male produces pollen
mother = easy way to get many 100% female clones
hermie = seeds in your buds, and reduced bud quality

i really suggest you start reading more.. all these questions are considered to be the bare minimum basics, and are answered in great detail around the forum.

being "spoon fed" with answers works.. but you only learn certain peoples ways of doing things, and if they do something "wrong" then you will to.

The best way is to just start reading.. all the info is here. just have to find it. hell.. i suggest not even planting a seed until you have read for 6 months at least...

i read for 3 years before even planting a seed... and i thought i had everything nailed down... boy was i wrong. its a learning curve that will never end and the best way to get through, is read read read, and then trial and error until you get it right.

good luck!

i'm gonna borrow this one sorry to the owner, I came to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.. man thats a great one.
thanks for that and I have been readn a lot I'm lets say an advanced type of reader.

I believe I'd go the other route,,don't spend much on supply's, get some bag seeds, and start growing. I find the "HANDS ON TRAINING" better .then you can see what your reading about ,learning how to sex plants , and just seeing how they grow ,,hopefully you have a sunny window.,,or get a few cfl's there cheap enough ,reflectors are a must ,also about $10 at any farm supply or home depot type store:peace:

I agree with hands on. But I also think you should read through at
Least a grow book front to back before attempting.. That way the really simple stuff is already taken care of.

I'm 58 yrs old ,,when I started growing, there wer'nt many to how to grow cannabis books to choose from.. lol ,, but I agree with ya..you at least need to make an attempt to learn about what your gonna do, before trying . :peace:
mar_8th_011.JPG

Back
Top Bottom