vuffer100

420 Member
Hello guys!!

First time grow here.

My seedlings are 4 days old, I'm growing diesel, gorilla and northern light autos. As this is my first grow I have no clue if I'm doing correctly :confused:

Any input, advice would be much appreciated.

By what I can tell, they're doing fine although I'm a little worried about the gorilla which has a little bit of lighter hue near the tip of the leaves. Am I overthinking this or might there be an underlying issue?

I'm growing in a 1.3m x 1.3m x 2.0m tent, only extractor fan and passive intake holes(2 of them), using coco as the medium in 10L fabric pots. I'm already feeding them 1ml/1l of Canna coco A+B nutes with 5.6ph - 5.8ph tap water, I use ph down. I'm also using a 250w hps about 1.3m from my pots. Temp is 25c - 27c and humidity 50% - 70%.

Attachments

• gorilla.jpg
    gorilla.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 212
  • diesel.jpg
    diesel.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 212
  • northern_light.jpg
    northern_light.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 204
  • gorilla_2.jpg
    gorilla_2.jpg
    842 KB · Views: 149
  • diesel_2.jpg
    diesel_2.jpg
    853.2 KB · Views: 227
  • northern_light2.jpg
    northern_light2.jpg
    990.7 KB · Views: 147
CUT THE FEED!!!! phew mate you will kill them. they dont need any nutes , just plain ph 6.2 water until their 4-5th set of real leaves are formed.The two little rounded leaves that form first are the cotyledons and are basically a packed lunch for seedlings and their first feed of real food. They only need water until those little leaves start to yellow off and curl down from being cannibalized by the plant , or the 4-5th leaf set has formed. Please look into this for clarity before you damage your girls and lock them out.

:welcome:to the forum...

All I put in the water for the first week or so is a calcium/magnesium supplement. I use the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements. I did my first grow at 25% of the strength on the label. I've gone up to 40% and seen signs of nutrient burn. Always start low and work your way up.

CUT THE FEED!!!! phew mate you will kill them. they dont need any nutes , just plain ph 6.2 water until their 4-5th set of real leaves are formed.The two little rounded leaves that form first are the cotyledons and are basically a packed lunch for seedlings and their first feed of real food. They only need water until those little leaves start to yellow off and curl down from being cannibalized by the plant , or the 4-5th leaf set has formed. Please look into this for clarity before you damage your girls and lock them out.

What GGD said!

Thanks so much for the info, I'll stop with the nutes straight away. I actually knew not to do this, don't know why I did it. There's so much contracting info when it comes to this on forums, a dude told me becouse they're autos that I should be feeding the 1/4 strength as soon as they sprout so that's why I went ahead and did it. I hope I didn't mess up too bad.

:welcome:to the forum...

All I put in the water for the first week or so is a calcium/magnesium supplement. I use the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements. I did my first grow at 25% of the strength on the label. I've gone up to 40% and seen signs of nutrient burn. Always start low and work your way up.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated man.

Thanks so much for the info, I'll stop with the nutes straight away. I actually knew not to do this, don't know why I did it. There's so much contracting info when it comes to this on forums, a dude told me becouse they're autos that I should be feeding the 1/4 strength as soon as they sprout so that's why I went ahead and did it. I hope I didn't mess up too bad.
growweedeasy.com is a really bad site for crappy info, stay away from there and keep on here. this is a good forum been on all of them, well like 5 of them dont know if theres more lol

Hello again guys,

Just a little update on this, I took your advice and stopped feeding, from then I only watered with ph'd water, 5.8ph - 6ph. Also, I moved my light a little closer but the temp is steady at canopy lever at 26c - 27c.

Unfortunately, my plants have developed white tips on the leaves. The diesel is the worst. The other two you can barely notice but when you look really closely you can actually see it starting a little. I assume it's nute burn from the nutrients I foolishly gave it earlier in the week.

Is there anything I can do to correct this besides just watering with ph'd water and hope for the best?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190220_171625.jpg
    20190220_171625.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 141
  • 20190220_171632.jpg
    20190220_171632.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 148
Sorry to bother you GCD.

Just a little update on this, I took your advice and stopped feeding, from then I only watered with ph'd water, 5.8ph - 6ph. Also, I moved my light a little closer but the temp is steady at canopy level at 26c - 27c.

Unfortunately, my plants have developed white tips on the leaves. The diesel is the worst. The other two you can barely notice but when you look really closely you can actually see it starting a little. I assume it's nute burn from the nutrients I foolishly gave it earlier in the week.

Is there anything I can do to correct this besides just watering with ph'd water and hope for the best?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190220_171625.jpg
    20190220_171625.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 187
  • 20190220_171632.jpg
    20190220_171632.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 180
Give them 2l of pH adjusted water each to dilute the nutrients. You should get lots of run off, so do this in the sink or bathtub. let them drain for 30 to 60 minutes before returning them to your tent.

Did you flush the coco before using it? If not, at least double the water for the flush. I use Canna Coco Bricks, and have found them to be the best. They have a more uniform texture than others I've tried, and seem to have been pre-washed.

Welcome to the Forum!
I see the burn-but I'm a soil grower,so I don't know if this applies to coco or not.
If it were me,I'd run about a gallon of ph'd water(or more) through the pots to flush out the nutes,maybe even do it twice.
They're not going to drown in coco.
I also haven't used fabric pots YET,but I assume you can flush with them,just like any other pots.

Just my 2 cents-if I'm off base here,someone will let you know...

Edit: looks like Old Salt beat me to it:)

sound advice there for flushing them out. this should reset their ability to uptake nutes again . The tip burn will not repair but as they grow , those leaves will be a distant memory and replaced tenfold. Dont worry and keep the faith.

Give them 2l of pH adjusted water each to dilute the nutrients. You should get lots of run off, so do this in the sink or bathtub. let them drain for 30 to 60 minutes before returning them to your tent.

Did you flush the coco before using it? If not, at least double the water for the flush. I use Canna Coco Bricks, and have found them to be the best. They have a more uniform texture than others I've tried, and seem to have been pre-washed.
Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate the quick replies.

I did not flush the coco as it was prewashed and pre-buffered, I assumed that meant I didn't need to flush. Was I wrong?

I will flush immediately.

Thanks again!

loose coco tends to come already washed . you have to ask for unwashed and un treated now. bricks need it but canna bags ect are already buffered unless state otherwise. A flush can rescue a multitude of sins and coco is great for quick fixes too. dont worry just lt take it easy as you go along. They will need feeding before you know it mate.

loose coco tends to come already washed . you have to ask for unwashed and un treated now. bricks need it but canna bags ect are already buffered unless state otherwise. A flush can rescue a multitude of sins and coco is great for quick fixes too. dont worry just lt take it easy as you go along. They will need feeding before you know it mate.
Thanks GGD, you put my mind at ease :)

Back
Top Bottom