Grow Stage - seedling
Bucket Size - jiffy peat pellets
Lights - (1) 400 Watt MH
Nutrients - none
4 inch inline fan exaust
Room Temperature -probiblly too hot
Room Square Footage - 4' x 2
Pests - None Known

i am pretty sure that i had killed my other seedlings because of the heat in my growbox. I have one seedling left. When i close my Growbox with the lights on the heat starts to rise. when it creeps up to 80 degrees i open the box and turn a big fan on it full blast. the temp comes down to 75 degrees but no lower and that is with a very big fan and the doors open. I have lights on a timer and tomorrow ill be gone to work. i cant just leave the door to my grow room open it will need to be dark, but if i close the doors i am afrad ill find another burnt little seedling again. Why is it so hot and how can i get the tempiture to stay around 75 without opening the doors.

thanks for the relply. its F not C and it goes up to 80 but if i didnt stop it it would go up probilly to 100. on my thermometer it said max was 93. I have one pic posted of one of the victoms its in my only other post. oh yea it looks a littel over watered on the pic but thats becase i tried to bring it back to life. hell i dont know i just dont want to loose this last on and i have to close those doors

my light does not have a fan blowing on it. my 4 inch inline fan is set up in the upper corner to exaust air out of the box. so far no intake fan but i open the doors and blow a big fan that i use in the summer for my house. even so it barely cools it. i am afraid that with the doors closed it will be to hot. the only way to really tell is to try it and if i do ill risk my last baby. yes reflector with the light

93dc_1_sbl.jpg

this is the grow tent i use. this pic is from the place where i bought it those plants are not mine. i dont use a t5 allthough i wish i did at this point. i use a 400 w MH

Ok so if you have the money get a vortex or fantech type inline fan and a cool tube reflector and run a 4 inch flex duct from the cool tube or air cooled reflector and vent the heat out. You may have to install your fan on the outside for space reasons but it will work just fine. If you are using a 400 watt HID light in that tent this is the only way you will cool it down any significant way IMO. You'll also want to bring cool are in from near the bottom.

The vent system on that tent is just fine for T5's but not for an HID. You need to get a lot or air across the bulb to keep it cool.

Back
Top Bottom