How can I get the tempature lower?

Mrvinc911

So I'm a very new at growing cannabis indoors, this is my first time and this is my setup. The fan I have is from a Air Hockey table.

Info
Strain: Unknown (I bought random seeds)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Could be either one
Plants: 2
Soil Growen
Soil: Black Gold Organic
Pot Size: 6'' x 7''
I have some seeds that just sprouted today, I need to plant them asap.

Temperature
High (without fan running): 95.5 F / 35.3 C
Average: 85.8 F / 29.1 C

This is just a temp. place meanwhile I fix a fridge to grow in. Probably going to stay there until I get some more money to fix up the fridge.(Probably 1-2 weeks max)

Side View
xujZGYl.jpg

Top View
IJrZ88z.jpg

Vent Out Hole
LFvNLlA.jpg

Right now it's in my man cave, it's a small room with 2 twin mattresses fit side by side no bigger nor smaller. Any tip or advice please share. Thanks :)

Welcome to :420:

Your fan will be more effective if you move it to the top of the box, and use it to exhaust the hot air.
Right now those temps are quite high, and many strains of Cannabis will be sensitive to temperatures that high. I would cover the original hole the fan was in, and move it to the highest point of the side.

The foil lining can cause bad reflections and create hot spots which CAN burn your plants. Most people advise using just flat white paint, or reflective mylar is also a popular material to use.

The pot size is a little small, and might need to be increased if you plan to grow a larger plant. I suggest a guideline of 1 gallon for every 12" of plant height. 2.5-3 gallon minimum, 5 gallon is probably the most common size used.

What kind of bulbs will you be using for this grow?

Welcome to :420:

Your fan will be more effective if you move it to the top of the box, and use it to exhaust the hot air.
Right now those temps are quite high, and many strains of Cannabis will be sensitive to temperatures that high. I would cover the original hole the fan was in, and move it to the highest point of the side.

The foil lining can cause bad reflections and create hot spots which CAN burn your plants. Most people advise using just flat white paint, or reflective mylar is also a popular material to use.

The pot size is a little small, and might need to be increased if you plan to grow a larger plant. I suggest a guideline of 1 gallon for every 12" of plant height. 2.5-3 gallon minimum, 5 gallon is probably the most common size used.

What kind of bulbs will you be using for this grow?

For bulbs I'm using the twist on cfls, I'll move the fan to the top then. I didn't want to buy Mylar for a temporary box, will this do fine?

From moving the fan to the top now the temp has dropped to and avg. of 84 F - High 83 F

Edit
-------
I was able to get the temp down to 80 by adding 3 frozen watter bottles 2 small and 1 regular size. I'm going to try to make a little ac and connect that as a supply of cool air, also when I need to ad co2 I can just connect it to the ac.

CFL I'm using are (x2) 14W Light Bulbs the small twisting ones. The seeds just sprouted yesterday, and today I put them in soil in the box. I just cleaned the fridge and might move them in 2-3 days. I'm only using 2 right now because that's what I had laying around, going to go out and buy 10 CFLs and only use 5 bulbs. I forgot how much Kelvin I would get but it would be enough with 4 bulbs and have 1 extra just in case 1 burns out when I'm not home.

Right now the bulbs are 4 inches away from the soil, and temp is at 78 F. I'll make sure to have 100w when I get the fridge setup :)

Oh and how many times do I water them?

4" works, but make sure the measurement is between the plant and the lights. These plants will also occasionally have growth spurts, so make sure you have a little buffer of space. If the plant grows into the light bulb, making contacts for a few hours will dry out the leaf and cause damage, and likely cause a little stress as well.

For watering, it's an answer with a list of variables. The size pot, the type of pot, the content of the soil mix, how well the soil drains, and how much water the plant uses all will affect how often you water. Most guys go by weight. They get a feel for how heavy the pots are with dry soil. Then they water until they see a little runoff coming out of the bottom. Some guys like to see 10% runoff. I like to water until I just see a LITTLE bit, then I stop. Then after watering, lift your pots again. BIG difference in weight.

The soil on the top will look completely dry, with no moisture in it at all. Once you reach this point, you still have a few more days of water left in the soil. By watering too frequently, it doesn't make the roots stretch out to find more water. You want a plant with a HUGE root structure, it will support a larger plant, and will support more bud growth in flower.

Alright, huge thanks. I decided to move the box into the room outside of the man cave. Now it's a constant 81 without ice, however I still want to connect the ac so I can just put co2 when the plant needs it. Plants just broke the soil today, moved them even lower from the light, so happy :)

Back
Top Bottom