How can I make the most of my 2 Growboxes?

Tris420

First of all is it called Growboxes lol?

Ok so i Have 2 GrowROOMS haha ... First one is 80x80x160 .. Second is 60x60x125

I have 2 MarsHydro Reflector 96x5Watt , 1 for each Room ...

Yea so Now im thinking how can i get the most bud out of these 2 Rooms ...

Im Thinking about Growing Different Strains tho so some with 8Weeks Flower some with 12Weeks etc...

What do you guys think i should do ? 1 Growth Room and 1 Flower Room or Maybe 1 Motherplant Room and 1 Flower Room ! I want to get as much as possible from these to Rooms ! So suggestions are Appreciated !

Thanks in Advance :))

Tris: No need to dedicate a separate space for a mother plant. You are going to trim out uneeded branches from your vegging plants and will have all the clones you could ever want.

My suggestion, and this is what I do, one of my "tents" make a dedicated flower room and the other dedicate to vegging. The taller of the two will be your flower room.

With just 2 light might I suggest you do what I am doing, pick up a fluorescent for your veg tent then use the 2 LEDs for your flower tent. It really is not your grow area that is limiting your grow it is the amount of light you have to use.

Id agree with oldergrower, but with the fluorescents being of the CFL variety, because im cheap. Cfls will do a fine job vegging plants

Definitely both LEDs in flower. Want dense dank buds? Bathe them in light.:yahoo:

Thanks Guys ! So which Light would you suggest for Veg for my 60x60 room ? ofcourse i want it as cheap as possible :) Thanks in Advance !!

I use one tent for veg and clone work, the larger tent for bloom.

The veg tent's purpose in life is to supply product to the bloom tent.

Once plants are ready to go to bloom, clones are taken or new seeds are planted, and they stay in the veg tent for 2 months, preparing to be the next round.

Bloom takes 2 months, so both rooms are done at the same time, roughly.

I then take more clones from the now grown up and ready to bloom clones, rinse, repeat, and I keep my operation going with no downtime in either tent for about 9 months of the year. Because of this efficiency, I am able to close down operations during the hot months of the year, saving tons in cooling costs, and having produced enough product to supply my patients and me with product for the rest of the year.

Thanks Guys ! So which Light would you suggest for Veg for my 60x60 room ? of course i want it as cheap as possible :) Thanks in Advance !!

In veg I use a small 4 bulb 4' T5 array most of the time, except for the last half month or so when the plants are getting huge. I then have another big 8 bulb T5 array that I can move in to be able to cover all of the plants. I used to run a 600w MH bulb in there, but found there was no need to run that much electricity in veg. I found some very special lights, called PurPar bulbs by Agromax, and these new purple 4' T5 grow bulbs outperform high pressure lights twice their size for half the cost to run.

Check out the end part of my grow log where I posted a picture of my clones presently under that purple light... it really is awesome.

Emilya: Your rotation method is what I am doing, too. It's perfect for a small perpetual grow, and not difficult to keep up with. it took me time to get into the rhythm of 2 in bloom, 2 mature and two juveniles in veg (plus a dome full of clones placed elsewhere). Now, if I can get the timing right, there won't be a lot of waiting time.

Thanks Guys ! So which Light would you suggest for Veg for my 60x60 room ? ofcourse i want it as cheap as possible :) Thanks in Advance !!
Well that is easy, if you want a cheap light, then use the one which you win in the Plant of the Month contest. Oh wait, I am guessing you want it now and not later on.. my bad, if cheap is what is in your budget right now use CFLs to get started. They are cheap readily available. Once you get up and going, I would suggest start pinching pennies and save up for at least a 4 lamp T-5 HO fixture if you can, though depending where you are, places like Goodwill and such sometimes will have fluorescent lights every now and then yu can pick up dirt cheap.

Well that is easy, if you want a cheap light, then use the one which you win in the Plant of the Month contest. Oh wait, I am guessing you want it now and not later on.. my bad, if cheap is what is in your budget right now use CFLs to get started. They are cheap readily available. Once you get up and going, I would suggest start pinching pennies and save up for at least a 4 lamp T-5 HO fixture if you can, though depending where you are, places like Goodwill and such sometimes will have fluorescent lights every now and then yu can pick up dirt cheap.

Question: I use CFL's, but think that maybe a couple of shoplights might be less stuff to fool with in the veg box. SInce the veg area is an odd length (36") I'd have to stagger 24" shop lights for full coverage. How many two-bulb units will I need to replace 6 23W CFLs with a nominal output of 600 Watts? Will there be a heat output difference? Will the replacements draw more electricity?

not all lights are created equal. Shop lights are not going to get the job done. They are typically very low intensity lights, pretty much the opposite of what you need. Shop around to see how cheaply you can get a 4 foot T5 fixture... Those PurPar lights that I mentioned earlier only cost about $15 apiece, and are well worth every cent and then some. My 4 bulb 216w fixture outperforms a 400w MH in the same space, for less than half of the energy. Also, when I just have some short little clones as I do now, there is no reason to run all 4 lights... right now in veg I have removed two lights and I am only running 108w of power, as I said, outperforming and out saving the big light.

How am I going to get a 4' fixture into a 3' grow space? ;)

oh... missed that little detail! lol. forget the PurPar bulbs then, they only come in the 4 foot size. I would go cfl then. :) I have a third tent here in my grow room, a little 2.5 x 1' love tent that I use for breeding and/or drying. I just raised two males in there to get their pollen for this current run, and I have had to DIY a custom designed light array using CFL's, the small tent being too small to be able to run a big light or the long T5 tubes. Using a little PVC and some zip ties, I created this little array. You could do something like this too, really cheap. Here is my dirt cheap and ugly, 230w CFL array:

DSCF48572.JPG

I use one tent for veg and clone work, the larger tent for bloom.

The veg tent's purpose in life is to supply product to the bloom tent.

Once plants are ready to go to bloom, clones are taken or new seeds are planted, and they stay in the veg tent for 2 months, preparing to be the next round.

Bloom takes 2 months, so both rooms are done at the same time, roughly.

I then take more clones from the now grown up and ready to bloom clones, rinse, repeat, and I keep my operation going with no downtime in either tent for about 9 months of the year. Because of this efficiency, I am able to close down operations during the hot months of the year, saving tons in cooling costs, and having produced enough product to supply my patients and me with product for the rest of the year.

In veg I use a small 4 bulb 4' T5 array most of the time, except for the last half month or so when the plants are getting huge. I then have another big 8 bulb T5 array that I can move in to be able to cover all of the plants. I used to run a 600w MH bulb in there, but found there was no need to run that much electricity in veg. I found some very special lights, called PurPar bulbs by Agromax, and these new purple 4' T5 grow bulbs outperform high pressure lights twice their size for half the cost to run.

Check out the end part of my grow log where I posted a picture of my clones presently under that purple light... it really is awesome.

Wow you are awesome ! Thanks for taking the time explaining it to me :)

Thanks ! Yea i guess ill go with a CFL for now :)

oh... missed that little detail! lol. forget the PurPar bulbs then, they only come in the 4 foot size. I would go cfl then. :) I have a third tent here in my grow room, a little 2.5 x 1' love tent that I use for breeding and/or drying. I just raised two males in there to get their pollen for this current run, and I have had to DIY a custom designed light array using CFL's, the small tent being too small to be able to run a big light or the long T5 tubes. Using a little PVC and some zip ties, I created this little array. You could do something like this too, really cheap. Here is my dirt cheap and ugly, 230w CFL array:

DSCF48572.JPG

Thanks again Looks Good :)) How are these specific CFLs called? I only know these Big CFLs Like Elektrox/Greenbud... Thanks in advance

EDIT: Ok I found The CFLs !!! I know how to build the pvc frame but i dont know how to connect the lights ... is it all running with 1 power cable lol?

Thanks again Looks Good :)) How are these specific CFLs called? I only know these Big CFLs Like Elektrox/Greenbud... Thanks in advance

EDIT: Ok I found The CFLs !!! I know how to build the pvc frame but i dont know how to connect the lights ... is it all running with 1 power cable lol?

Those are just cheap hardware store 23w cfls, and I keep a couple of boxes of them around so I can swap blue/white bulbs for veg and the warm reddish bulbs for flower. The wiring is easy, they are all wired in parallel using light cord zip line, nothing complicated at all. I would recommend buying a 25' extension cord and stripping contact points in both wires every so often and wiring them in. This cord will also give you the plug to plug it in, and you can probably get one for under $10. The biggest chore is making it safe, and I handle that by putting a piece of duct tape around the contacts so that accidental contact can not be made.

DSCF48572.JPG

Looks good to me! The Ladies don't care what their fixtures look like. For an array in my upper chamber I bought a small 7-socket strip bathroom fixture that goes over a mirror and rewired it to plug into a wall outlet. it can be mounted in a number of ways with or without a reflector, but you still need a couple more singles to hit all the corners of the tent.

Looks good to me! The Ladies don't care what their fixtures look like. For an array in my upper chamber I bought a small 7-socket strip bathroom fixture that goes over a mirror and rewired it to plug into a wall outlet. it can be mounted in a number of ways with or without a reflector, but you still need a couple more singles to hit all the corners of the tent.

Those are just cheap hardware store 23w cfls, and I keep a couple of boxes of them around so I can swap blue/white bulbs for veg and the warm reddish bulbs for flower. The wiring is easy, they are all wired in parallel using light cord zip line, nothing complicated at all. I would recommend buying a 25' extension cord and stripping contact points in both wires every so often and wiring them in. This cord will also give you the plug to plug it in, and you can probably get one for under $10. The biggest chore is making it safe, and I handle that by putting a piece of duct tape around the contacts so that accidental contact can not be made.

What do you think how many of them Cfls i Need for my 60x60x125cm room? 12 Maybe like 3 rows with 4 of them in it? Thanks in Advance ! O and i just recieved the New MarsHydro Reflector !!

marshyyy.jpg
marshhh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom