How careful do you need to be with regular seeds?

Hythlodaeus

420 Member
Hi folks

I'm starting a new grow at the moment I have had two small grows previously,

I have 4 Auto's at about 3-4 weeks currently, Ive room for one or two more plants and decided to try some regular seeds, I'm thinking of trying to go organic and only use regular seeds for future grows.

Having read up on some growing information and techniques, regular seeds seem to produce better tasting bud and stronger plants and a more "natural" grow.

I was just wondering how long after you think its a male, do you have until it creates pollen that can affect the Auto's growing? I have started four purple seeds - Ace seeds Violetta , hoping one or two will be female, and i might collect some pollen to freeze for later from one male I'll separate from rest. Does the pollen sacs take a while to burst and pollinate the others? or can they affect female plants from an early stage? :Namaste:

Hi folks

I'm starting a new grow at the moment I have had two small grows previously,

I have 4 Auto's at about 3-4 weeks currently, Ive room for one or two more plants and decided to try some regular seeds, I'm thinking of trying to go organic and only use regular seeds for future grows.

Having read up on some growing information and techniques, regular seeds seem to produce better tasting bud and stronger plants and a more "natural" grow.

I was just wondering how long after you think its a male, do you have until it creates pollen that can affect the Auto's growing? I have started four purple seeds - Ace seeds Violetta , hoping one or two will be female, and i might collect some pollen to freeze for later from one male I'll separate from rest. Does the pollen sacs take a while to burst and pollinate the others? or can they affect female plants from an early stage? :Namaste:
If you start to see sacs growing pull it out of there

Yeah, thanks, I'll try be fast, soon as i think they are dudes I'll pull them out.

Another question I was thinking about - I have seen some regular Auto seeds advertised - are these made by breeding a known male regular and a female Auto? Would the resulting seeds all be Automatics?

Yeah, thanks, I'll try be fast, soon as i think they are dudes I'll pull them out.

Another question I was thinking about - I have seen some regular Auto seeds advertised - are these made by breeding a known male regular and a female Auto? Would the resulting seeds all be Automatics?

Don't throw females man

Auto strains are usually sold as fem seed but can (obviously) be male or female just the same as photo plants.

Yes you do have time after you see male pods. I won't say decisively how long that is because its going to vary- but you should easily get a few days before they open. I generally can count on at least a week before they swell, get yellower, and open up. They can't spread pollen when they're closed.

Ok thanks bud, one week sounds like a decent amount of time to pick out the males. I've only ever grown fem seeds/Auto's before, but decided to try some regular one's this time and I think I'll try keep one male to breed with. I've never tried growing seeds before hopefully it'll work out and get some more purple ones.

Could you roughly guess how many seeds you would get from a small/medium plant?

Back
Top Bottom