How dark does the dark cycle need to be?

As dark as possible is best. But there is some light in nature at night, just not much. NO sources of light should be inside of your grow container during dark period to be safe tho, that includes heater lights. Lights on the power extension, or even a light on directly outside the box would be bad.... Just remember that light dissipates incredibly quickly from cfls on your ceiling, just because you can see, doesn't mean your 13 Wat lightbulb outside your tent made of bed sheets will do anything during the dark cycle. Darker the better tho :)

you will definitely get a hermie or at least nanners if there is light present during your dark cycles, light during dark cycle=stress=male flowers=pollination=seeds=less trichome production...you choose how effficient you want to be

As dark as possible is best. But there is some light in nature at night, just not much. NO sources of light should be inside of your grow container during dark period to be safe tho, that includes heater lights. Lights on the power extension, or even a light on directly outside the box would be bad.... Just remember that light dissipates incredibly quickly from cfls on your ceiling, just because you can see, doesn't mean your 13 Wat lightbulb outside your tent made of bed sheets will do anything during the dark cycle. Darker the better tho :)

Yes, you want to make sure that the dark cycle is as long as possible. Think about how nature works, and how long night times are.

The goal of indoor growing is to replicate nature as closely as possible.

Hi guys I too have had light problems' recently I have been away and was letting my friend look after my plant. When I returned 1 week later he told me the timer broke so he was Turing them on manually . But the times were not at the same time every day???.he said it was always within 1 hour each tim so 6pm to 6am but sometimes 530pm to 6.30 am and so on. Will this cause a problem for my plant??? She looks fine at the moment????

It needs to be completely dark, sealed from all light. If there is any light interference it is likely that your plants will suffer stress and slow or no flowering

Zero light. If you enter your bloom room in total darkness and stay in for 15 mins or so,And if you can see your hand in front of you you have light leaks.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hey there wicked nurse...I worked in that field at Harlan Sprague dawley for 20 years. The lighting was a real big deal in how it would or could affect the animals. Saw your post and I know its old but just thought I would say hi. Most people wont even admit they worked in the field. I am really enjoying this site. I am using my led stage lighting from our band to raise the next crop and see what happens... Take care
Ricks

Is my plant gettin too much light outdoors tha only time it gets darkness is at night tha leaves at tha bottom are yellow is there anything wrong?..

You should be able to find the answer to your problem in the link above .

disagreed. its just that indoor growing conditions do not allow the amount of red/blue saturation to allow the plant to metabolize it. red lights in the grow room (higher than 570 nm) will not trigger a daylight response.
Yeah that sounds correct!
Ive always wondered about the moon but ths makes sense!

In my experience my plants are very sensitive to red light during the dark period. For many years now any nanner outbreaks I’ve had have directly matched light leak accidents in the grow- the red indicator lights on appliances being the usual culprIts.

In my experience my plants are very sensitive to red light during the dark period. For many years now any nanner outbreaks I’ve had have directly matched light leak accidents in the grow- the red indicator lights on appliances being the usual culprIts.
Yep. I cover mine with electrical tape.

I almost fully doubt this applies to autos. I have had the trouble of under the door light prolonging the start of blooming and slow flowering. I wasn't aware of the problem then.
Now I'm inside and have some rando bag seeds growing and I dont know what it is photo/auto but I was wondering if they are photoperiod plants would the same rule apply, an absolute dark period being necessary for photoperiod development? Or would that only apply once they go into bloom at 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom