How do I best fill the SCROG screen?

Start by topping your plants from an early age if possible, continue to top them all the way through the vegetative stage. Once your SCROG screen has been 75% filled with green shoots you can switch the lights to 12 hour cycle and will more than likely work out great.

Yea, this is way, way out of control for a scrog.
It's a jungle in there
SCROG's are best created and maintained by someone with OCD. Just imagine what Mr. Monk's grow would look like. Yeow. Yea -- like that. Now THAT is a SCROG.

Get some good lights (HPS) and flip those babies over quick. It doens't matter what you call it, you better get those gurls to flowering or they'll be pushing the tent apart ...

Do it today. A 600wt HPS, a fan ... FLOWER TIME.

~ Auggie ~

Yea, this is way, way out of control for a scrog.
It's a jungle in there
SCROG's are best created and maintained by someone with OCD. Just imagine what Mr. Monk's grow would look like. Yeow. Yea -- like that. Now THAT is a SCROG.

Get some good lights (HPS) and flip those babies over quick. It doens't matter what you call it, you better get those gurls to flowering or they'll be pushing the tent apart ...

Do it today. A 600wt HPS, a fan ... FLOWER TIME.

~ Auggie ~

Thanks Auggie! I flipped em 3 days ago. The tent had a 600 w HPS and a 96 Mars hydro led. I'm new and don't know who Mr Monk is but I understand what you are saying, I let it go way too long. I'll do my best to keep it tucked.

Is there a point during flower that I stop tucking and just let them go?

Hi weenmeoff

As long as they keep stretching, you should keep tucking. They should stop stretching in about three to four weeks from flip, depending on a strain.

All the best.

Awesome, thanks Croatsan! The stretch is on already. It's gonna be tough keeping these ladies down. I know to flip a lot earlier next time.

Spent 1 1/2 hours tucking and weaving last night and here is how they look this am. They're stretching quite a bit.

IMG_20160812_073444.jpg

I missed what strain this is but it looks fairly indica so the stretch time should be fairly short for you. Yeah just keep at at. Don't be shy to chop branches off if there are too many. Too many limbs and bud sites and you won't gain anything over having an even canopy. I aim to have about one good branch tip every 4" or so, roughly.
It will be fairly obvious when they start to flower, stop stretching, and stop bending and morphing into a vertical position after you tie them down. They also get more wiry and harder to bend into place. Just keep at it and you'll be totally fine. I haven't met any plant yet that I haven't been able to torture into a scrog screen, and I mostly grow sativas.

Thanks Auggie! I flipped em 3 days ago. The tent had a 600 w HPS and a 96 Mars hydro led. I'm new and don't know who Mr Monk is but I understand what you are saying, I let it go way too long. I'll do my best to keep it tucked.

Is there a point during flower that I stop tucking and just let them go?
I wouldnt go further than 2 weeks into flower before i stop pulling them back under, under a 600 w i keep them under the net for about 1.5 weeks into flower then i let them grow through, the longer you keep them under the nets the shorter they will be when finished, short stalks means less bud, imo

Sent from my SM-G900F using 420

I wouldnt go further than 2 weeks into flower before i stop pulling them back under, under a 600 w i keep them under the net for about 1.5 weeks into flower then i let them grow through, the longer you keep them under the nets the shorter they will be when finished, short stalks means less bud, imo

Hi spiritsmoker

Your way defeats the very purpose of ScrOG, which is to achieve an uniform canopy, increase the surface area and decrease the light penetration needed. You should tuck for as long as they're stretching, which is around a month or so. Then let them grow through the net.

The benefit of ScrOG is that you don't need too much of a light penetration, precisely because you keep your stalks short. But that doesn't necessarily equals less bud. Because if you do the ScrOG technique properly, you end up with many short stalks.

Best.

I missed what strain this is but it looks fairly indica so the stretch time should be fairly short for you. Yeah just keep at at. Don't be shy to chop branches off if there are too many. Too many limbs and bud sites and you won't gain anything over having an even canopy. I aim to have about one good branch tip every 4" or so, roughly.
It will be fairly obvious when they start to flower, stop stretching, and stop bending and morphing into a vertical position after you tie them down. They also get more wiry and harder to bend into place. Just keep at it and you'll be totally fine. I haven't met any plant yet that I haven't been able to torture into a scrog screen, and I mostly grow sativas.

Thanks WC! Supposedly Alien Abduction. It was bag seed from a friend so I cloned for sex and then flowered those clones, each one was a little different but one of the 2 turned purple at the end and the other 2 did not so a wondering if I have at least 1 that is not Alien Abduction. I vegged them for 4 months so suspect the stretch time will be short.

Strain info I found on the web, "
Alien Abduction is an OG Kush hybrid bred by So-Cal medical collective Ocean Grown Genetics, who crossed an Alien OG male with the Ether cut of Alien Dawg. These seeds have been highly sought after by growers, as they are known to have great germination rates and multiple excellent phenotypes, all of which are robust and vigorous plants. Most phenotypes exhibit typical OG Kush smells and flavors, and pack a high-THC punch that combines a potent head buzz with a strongly sedating body high. For many patients, Alien Abduction is a great appetite stimulant and sleep aid."

Thanks SS! I expect and and am hoping for a short stretch so may be able to stop tucking at 2 weeks. I will have to listen to what other experts have said though. Interesting that this is your 1st post.....

Hi spiritsmoker

Your way defeats the very purpose of ScrOG, which is to achieve an uniform canopy, increase the surface area and decrease the light penetration needed. You should tuck for as long as they're stretching, which is around a month or so. Then let them grow through the net.

The benefit of ScrOG is that you don't need too much of a light penetration, precisely because you keep your stalks short. But that doesn't necessarily equals less bud. Because if you do the ScrOG technique properly, you end up with many short stalks.

Best.
I have to disagree lol, if you keep them under for a month you will be lucky if you end up with a weeks growth above the net, ideal if your using cfls or low wattage lights, but your certainly not going to yield much with just the final slow ending stretch above the net, like i said i let them go after roughly 1.5 weeks, depending on strain, and always finish with an even canopy, but each to there own, we all have are different methods

If it works for you then great! I would personally need to see some evidence of said success in order to take your advice since you are brand new to the site so no Journals to look at. I have lots of very experienced and successful growers giving me advice and they all say 3-4 weeks, once the stretch stops then stop tucking. I've seen some amazing SCROG results with massive yields. Nothing personal, I hope you understand my point of view.

Thanks WC! Supposedly Alien Abduction. It was bag seed from a friend so I cloned for sex and then flowered those clones, each one was a little different but one of the 2 turned purple at the end and the other 2 did not so a wondering if I have at least 1 that is not Alien Abduction. I vegged them for 4 months so suspect the stretch time will be short.

Strain info I found on the web, "
Alien Abduction is an OG Kush hybrid bred by So-Cal medical collective Ocean Grown Genetics, who crossed an Alien OG male with the Ether cut of Alien Dawg. These seeds have been highly sought after by growers, as they are known to have great germination rates and multiple excellent phenotypes, all of which are robust and vigorous plants. Most phenotypes exhibit typical OG Kush smells and flavors, and pack a high-THC punch that combines a potent head buzz with a strongly sedating body high. For many patients, Alien Abduction is a great appetite stimulant and sleep aid."

Thanks SS! I expect and and am hoping for a short stretch so may be able to stop tucking at 2 weeks. I will have to listen to what other experts have said though. Interesting that this is your 1st post.....
There are many things to factor into how short to keep them, is height an issue?, what wattage lights you using?, what strain you using? All of these will play into how long you should keep them under the net. Hope that helps, just remember the longer under the shorter the finish, you wont get any more height after 4-5 weeks into flowering

If it works for you then great! I would personally need to see some evidence of said success in order to take your advice since you are brand new to the site so no Journals to look at. I have lots of very experienced and successful growers giving me advice and they all say 3-4 weeks, once the stretch stops then stop tucking. I've seen some amazing SCROG results with massive yields. Nothing personal, I hope you understand my point of view.
Its all good, i will have a journal up soon, 6 under 1000w, all will be topped and supercropped, hope you give it a view

Back
Top Bottom