How Do I Build my own Stash Box?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Materials:
1 - silverware box $ 7.79
1 - yard monofil polyester fabric 140 $ 18.94 "thanks to NK for the tip"
2 - 1/2" square dowels $ 1.29 ea.
2 - 1/4" square dowels $ .89 ea.
2 - 1/2" x 1/4" decorative trim $ 2.97 ea.
1 - 9 15/16" x 9 11/16" single strength glass $ 2.00
1 - pkg. 1/4" x 1 1/2" x 12" flat hobby pine 2 pcs ea. $ 2.00
1 - pkg. 1/4" x 2 1/2" x 12" flat hobby pine 2 pcs ea. $ 2.25
1 - pkg. nickel screw eyes $ 1.47
1 - pkg. small brass nails $ .99
1 - small brass latch $ .99

Total: $41.58 (All prices $US)

The inside and the outside of the box. I removed the hardware and felt from the inside bottom. (that?s an 18" ruler in front of the box)

gf1427-1.jpg

trim pieces (note the nice decorative trim)
Here are pix of the nails the eye screws and the latch. I have not installed the latch as of yet.

I scraped the glue (from the felt removal), sanded and painted the side where I will keep my kit and stash.

Floor pic and glass for the floor of the screen side.
(what a better album cover could one pick?)
gf1427-3.jpg

A test fit for the floor pic the glass and the flatwood.the flat wood all cut to fit.
gf1427-4.jpg

Base of the screen frame all joined nailed and glued.
gf1427-5.jpg

All glued up and trimmed out.
gf1427-4.jpg

Screen cut to fit - gotta have a little to grab hold of for stretching
gf1427-7.jpg
gf1427-8.jpg
gf1427-9.jpg

(Above) Frame all ready with the trim cut to fit just right. I smeared a generous amount of elmers glue on the frame, then placed the screen in the glue and then fit the trim on top of the whole mess, clamped and stretched the screen while the glue was still wet and then let it set over night (note the eyescrews for handles).

All done, dry and ready to test the fit (just taught enough to bounce bud off of)
gf1427-10.jpg

A little too snug, so i had to sand on the frame just a bit.
Thats about it, other than putting the latch on it.
gf1427-11.jpg

i bougth a meatel grinder not from any of these sponsers a head shop grinded up some hard bud when i looked at the kif collecter metal dust i was burnt

Here is the link again for the stash your stuff frames.

Fishing Rod Rack - Fishing Rod Holder

Those are pretty cool in deed, be great for an around the house type of stash.
I have a buddy who had another friend of mine who is also a contractor (who does custom, how should I say, discreet work for discerning clients) he built this room which is about 10'x15', from the outside, you CAN NOT tell that there is anything there but a wall.
After seeing this, I am going to do one of my own (secret closet). A stash box is nice but, I have need of more room than a box can offer... LOL
Not sure that any of you will ever see this project of mine but... ya never know!
Thanks for sharing, this is a really cool thread!

Back
Top Bottom