How do I change the water in the hydroponic system?

archie824

got a 30 gallon tub, apparently I'm supposed to change it every week or 2. wouldn't the plant get damaged if I lift the entire root out of the deep water culture tub?

I change water every week and you will have a problem unless you can figure a way to drain the system once your lady is flower. You need to figure out some kind of drain option for your circumstances, getting some height by placing your tub on something with a drain hole at the bottom would allow for gravity to empty the tub. Or find a pump that would allow you to put a hose in the tub and suck the water out that way. Good luck.

My tub has a drain I installed on the end down low with a 3/4 inch hose on it. come time to do nute change overs and or flushes I can drain the system into another container of equal or larger holding size and then add new liquids thru the top of the tub cover. I use a bathtub stopper to cover the hole in the tub lid so light stays out when it is not open for liquids replenishments. My plants lid will not be moved except for root inspection or for the harvest. You definitely need to install a drain of some sort into the lowest area of the tub so you can change out your liquids without stressing your ladies

My tub has a drain I installed on the end down low with a 3/4 inch hose on it. come time to do nute change overs and or flushes I can drain the system into another container of equal or larger holding size and then add new liquids thru the top of the tub cover. I use a bathtub stopper to cover the hole in the tub lid so light stays out when it is not open for liquids replenishments. My plants lid will not be moved except for root inspection or for the harvest. You definitely need to install a drain of some sort into the lowest area of the tub so you can change out your liquids without stressing your ladies

change water every week and install a drain pump is a must. gl

Saw some place on this site where a battery operated bilge pump was used to drain the tub in a situation like yours.

Back
Top Bottom