How Do I Choose a Strain?

Do your Homework. I grow with soil and its hard sometimes but if you do, get soil without perlite, those white rocks. Hydroponics(the little balls) work good. And you could go with a 250w led for now. I think leds r the best for beginners cuz the heat from larger lamps make things more complex.

Sent from my LGMS631 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As for the strain, the best bet is to leafly the kush. Its pretty accurate. It tells you yeild expected and a flower time. In my experience indicas are easier.

You should only top if you wanna restrict height. But some ppl just like short n bushy. Depends on what u want!

i am just going to start my very very first attempt at growing my own plant , can anybody help me with what i will need to buy for the basics, and what strain i should buy for the best results and lowest maintence as i am as you say the complete greenhorn!, all help and advice is welcomed,i was kind of hoping to grow in soil with a plant buy my window that gets sun all day as i live in spain .
All help and advice is appreciated,, thanx you guys ! :)
Depends. How do you want to grow? You want to use liquid nutes? Organics? Grow with amendments cooked in the soil? You could use teas and top dressings, there's alot of options. What do you have for supplies and what do you potentialy have access to? Spain as far as I can tell runs side by side through the world symbioticaly tied to the bull (cattle) so composted steer manure mixed with some greensand should easily be doable there and will make a big differance, just make sure it is well composted or it will burn the shit out of your plants. Put an inch or two of your soil mix on the floor of the pot then an inch of steer manure(not bull or cow their crap isn't as good for canabis for some reason) mixed with a tablespoon of greensand, greensand will stave off alot of deficiencies. Other than that reach out locally and research, research, research! You live in weed growing paradise and up here in Canada we're always raving about how good of growers and how good of strains you cat's produce over there, so info should not be a problem for you. Would kill for your weather! Good luck to you, keep us posted. Get a book called True Living Organics by the Rev, he will get you going. I think his methods would be perfect for outdoor growing in Spaulin as these methods boost up plant metabolisim and the plants actually do better in high heat up to 93 degrees ferinheight as that is where photosynthasis ceases.

That's ok, no harm in adding info to an old post, keeps it current. I for example am reading this and replying after four years as this is the first time I have come across this post and there might be pertinant information in it and what we add might still help. Why not add and keep it going? Keeps adding info and somebody else with the same issues won't have to re do a post.

Back
Top Bottom