How Do I Clean My Glass Pipe?

This helped me create my own idea.
What I did was take a small tuperwear(idk how to spell that) and fill it about 3/4 the way with HOT water, put about 2-4 table spoons of salt, put in your slide/bowl after scraping it, let sit in the water for around 20 mins so the resin softens, then i usually shake after 20 mins for around 1 min to knock some resin off, let sit another 5. Then i take a napkin and wipe out where your weed goes, then take a pipe cleaner with a napkin wrapped around it(or a super fat pipe cleaner) and put that through the slide part a few times. Works like a beauty.

I either soak mine in alcohol for a while or just run hot tap water through it. Boiling smells the house up really bad for a while and who wants that? If you go the hot tap water way I start with letting water trickle into the carb hole and out the mouth piece. I have saved the hunks that come out but anymore I just let it wash away. I'm not really much into resin and anyone that says resin is hash has never smoked hash. Hash is pure resin crystals where "cleaned out resin" has a lot of added particles burned plant in it. Also the fact it was burned the first time changes the flavor a lot.

I have a glass bong and it gets pretty grungy if you don't clean it often. Since the bowl and stem are seperate pieces, I put them in a small container with full strength Simple Green Concentrate for several minutes and they will clean up with a pipe cleaner or a small bottle brush for the stem. I then fill the bong with a 50/50 mixture of Simple Green Concentrate and water. After a soak of 10 minutes, take an appropriate size bottle brush, scrub and rinse with clear water. If the first try doesn't clean it ....strengthen your mix, but this always works the first time for me.

resin is basically hash, its pure thc. it does burn slow, and when I strain the boiled water with the pipe. I let it dry, then as its dry cause you cant smoke anything wet. I smoke it. but were talking about this too much.

I disagree and that is disgusting. Resin is not even close to hash it's closer to trash.

I used to smoke resin as a teenager when I was bone dry. It tastes like poop, burns your lungs, and will most likely give you a 30 minute headache high.

This is an old thread but I couldn't just leave with someone recommending for people to smoke resin. We're not fiends.

I like to use a product called Orange Chronic to clean my pieces. When I'm out of that, salt and high% Isopropyl Alcohol works almost as well.

I thought resin is made when you smoke, goes through your pipe into your lungs after multiple times of smoking "resin" is made the tar from your multiple uses of your pipe. And resin is related to has in the sense of having a higher thc content than cannabis. And I recommend smoking resin if you haven't smoked for a week or 2, your opinion is different than everyone else's I'm sure I'm not the only one who smokes resin

i like solid/ or resin or whatever you call it in your area, it has a much greather shelf capacity and life than fresh bud, and most of the time the burning and smoking is a little less aromatic, it goes a lot further too. and if packed well you can knock up a small garden wall out of those hollow breeze blocks and store it secretly in the cavities for years, lol

knowing that one bottle can both do that and clean all our smoking utensils make it an essential tool imho.
If you read above my previous statement there are a few other people who are also "fiends" and smoke resin.

Hahaha! Your link is to another thread just like this where people speak there minds and opinions. I have my opinion and you have yours. Enjoy that resin my friend.

THC vaporizes at about 350 degrees
When you smoke and combust cannabis the THC vaporizes and is able to be inhaled into your lungs. The black resin that is left is full of tar and other unhealthy compounds.

Filters are used on cigarettes to capture tars and other nasty compounds created during combustion and they have nicotine in them. How come smokers arent boiling their butts and smoking the resin? Oh yeah that's because it would be disgusting and obviously unhealthy.

When is the last time you invited some friends over to smoke some resin?

Your right about not invitng people to smoke resin but like I said other people smoke resin I know I'm not alone, and resin is made from constant smoking in your piece and/or bong over time cause when you light a bowl if weed you start inhaling smoke and multiple times you do that cause resin to build up. So rein is just made from multiple smoking sessions, but onthe invitng people over to smoke resin that doesn't happen I just smoke resin after a week or so of no weed. We all have our opinions on this.

This helped me create my own idea.
What I did was take a small tuperwear(idk how to spell that) and fill it about 3/4 the way with HOT water, put about 2-4 table spoons of salt, put in your slide/bowl after scraping it, let sit in the water for around 20 mins so the resin softens, then i usually shake after 20 mins for around 1 min to knock some resin off, let sit another 5. Then i take a napkin and wipe out where your weed goes, then take a pipe cleaner with a napkin wrapped around it(or a super fat pipe cleaner) and put that through the slide part a few times. Works like a beauty.
this is another one pro for resin

I normally boil mine in a shitty sauce pan. I use a 50/50 ratio of distilled vinegar and water. Use a coffee filter when emptying the water to collect any resin that is not stuck to the side of the sauce pan. give about 15 min for the rez to dry and scrape it out. I just pulled 4 grams of resin out of my pipe. Hope this help.

No he's not, he's wiping it out with pipe cleaners and paper towels. Unless he's smoking those as well he's definitely trashing it.

There was more than just that being talked about how many other people were asking about pro's and negative things shot smoking sorry that people were having a discussion.

Hahaha! Your link is to another thread just like this where people speak there minds and opinions. I have my opinion and you have yours. Enjoy that resin my friend.

THC vaporizes at about 350 degrees
When you smoke and combust cannabis the THC vaporizes and is able to be inhaled into your lungs. The black resin that is left is full of tar and other unhealthy compounds.

If this is true, and I have researched this over the years, then I can't understand why people don't just operate within these physical and chemical laws. My research also indicates that THC becomes volatile, vaporizes, in that 350 degree range. It would be chemically impossible for any THC to remain in the resin left over after the vaporization of THC. Sure, in the real world, there will be trace amounts of THC that didn't get brought up to the 350 degree temp. range, but I can't believe there is enough to measure, let alone feel the effects.

My point in repeating the above quote is simply to help people get the most THC and pleasure out of cannabis. If you really enjoy smoking resin, by all means, do so. It may be pleasurable to lots of folks. But, in my amateur opinion, there is no way that a person will feel effects from THC, because there is none in resin.

Hash and resin are not the same thing. Hash is a concentrated form of mainly THC/Cannabinoid filled trichomes. Resin doesn't contain THC filled Trichomes. The trichomes have already given up their cannabinoids at vaporization...

Sorry for going on and on, but to me, trichome cultivation and harvesting is really what this whole cannabis ingesting process comes down to...

i put my pipe in a ziploc and submerge it in isopropyl alcohol 95% over night, then give it a good rinse with hot water; if there is some stubborn spots, put it back in the dirty alcohol and give it a shake, or like the original post said, add some rock salt or even rice for a larger piece, and shake it around.

works like a charm 100% every time, no boiling, very little mess, and if you leave it over night before you go to bed, it may as well be instant; after you rinse it can be used as soon as its dry again, with no taste.

works with any piece that can be filled with alcohol without leaking

Sure, in the real world, there will be trace amounts of THC that didn't get brought up to the 350 degree temp. range, but I can't believe there is enough to measure, let alone feel the effects.

i think the thing about it is related to the entourage effect; sure you may not get much THC from the resin, but there are plenty of other compounds and by-products that havent been combusted entirely (mostly tar related) that can give you some "effects" from smoking resin; they just may not last as long as a real toke.

I know when i've been hurting for a toke, resin has got me through to the next bag, but its never quite enough, as you say.

Too easy boss! You are looking for that reclaim game to start taking shape, here is all you gotta do, get a bottle of 99% isopropyl and some rig nipples, google it, heat your isopropyl with a cup of hot water and boom, that is like magic, dissolves every bit of oil build up, talking oil concentrate rigs here not flower glass. Once you are done swilling the hot isopropyl around inside the rig, pop off the rig nipples and pour your left over isopropyl in a small glass or metal dish and put it on a candle warmer or purge it with a vac chamber and you should be all set, once the iso evaporates off you can smoke or cook with the reclaim.

Sure, in the real world, there will be trace amounts of THC that didn't get brought up to the 350 degree temp. range, but I can't believe there is enough to measure, let alone feel the effects.

My point in repeating the above quote is simply to help people get the most THC and pleasure out of cannabis. If you really enjoy smoking resin, by all means, do so. It may be pleasurable to lots of folks. But, in my amateur opinion, there is no way that a person will feel effects from THC, because there is none in resin.

^^^THIS^^^

Pipe resin would tend to be primarily made up of things such as CBD and CBN. Well... Methinks it is primarily made up of the same class of substances that caused the cigarette manufacturers to start putting filter tips on their products so that their customers lived a little longer (and purchased more of the filthy things). I have smoked resin before (we were all young and dumb at one point ;) ). I remember my brother asking, "You've seen that <BLEEP> congealed in pipes - why would you want it to do the same in your lungs?" I didn't immediately admit that I saw his point, lol... But later on I realized that if I spent the day smoking resin, the next day when I got decent buds, I was unable to get as high as I normally would. I came to the conclusion that the fine structures in my lungs had a coating of recondensed pipe resin on them. Thinking back, I believe that my effort to "economize" by consuming something that I didn't have to pay for backfired in that I'd consume twice as much cannabis in the next day or two out of hopes of getting a decent effect (and duration of same).

Anyway, back on topic... For "glassware," I generally just put an amount of regular table salt into the pipe/bong-stem/etc., then add a good amount (less than 50% of the inner volume of the piece being cleaned, but not substantially less) of isopropyl (aka "rubbing") alcohol, cover all the holes, and give the piece a good long shake. If I have been lazy and allowed the item to get "nasty," it'll take a few times to get it really clean. I prefer 91% isopropyl alcohol, because there is less water content in it than 70% and there isn't much price difference. Unlike water, the salt will not dissolve in the alcohol. The alcohol plays its part in dissolving the yuck and the salt acts like a mild abrasive to help break it loose from the glass/etc. <SHRUGS> It works for me... Out of all the methods mentioned in this thread (and elsewhere) for cleaning smoking devices, I think this one works the best - cleans great, nondestructive (as long as the item doesn't fly out of your hand when you're shaking it), doesn't require a great deal of effort, works fast, and I don't have to walk into a smoke shop to pick up the two items I need (being permanently afflicted with paranoia, lol, I'd much rather be seen in a grocery store than a smoke shop). So that one "gets my vote." I'll do a hot-water rinse after I'm finished to remove any traces of the alcohol and salt.

But, really, any method that works for you, doesn't harm your smoking device, and doesn't leave behind toxins ought to be fine.

I would use an ethyl alcohol solution, vodka and salt anyone? Any clear drinking alcohol would be fine. Ethyl alchol may take I tad longer but it will not harm sterling. You may want to try it w/o salt first. The major function of the salt is a gentle abrasive. You don't want your pipe all scratched. FYI, ethyl alcohol is also great for cleaning jewelry except opal and pearl.

Back
Top Bottom