How Do I Clean My Glass Pipe?

Acetone, the best alcohol for cleaning glass. Period. Use gloves, do not inhale, reuse if you want. (do not put the brown messed acetone to your fresh batch) Quick and easy, rinse with hot water, acetone dissipates quite fast. Enjoy your clean whatever glass piece you clean!

well well i for one just had 4 friends over for a RESIN set in and wee done pretty good for FREE !! Thanks for all the input on cleaning , just anted to confirm what i thought i already new. Wish i could grow year round :volcano-smiley:

well well i for one just had 4 friends over for a RESIN set in

And they say cannabis isn't addictive, lol.

I've been trying to quit using tobacco (smoking) off and on for years because of the harm that tar does to one's lungs. Looks like I - might - finally have the upper hand on that one...

I soak my pipe in hot water for 20 minutes or so. Then I bring it outside, plug the carb n stick a air chuck in the bowl n blow it out with some high pressure air.

Now that you mention it, I once got 80% or more of the tar out of a little glass spoon by (repeatedly) using my hand to tightly link the bathroom faucet to one of its holes and turning on the hot water. Took me a few minutes, but it worked pretty well for a no-solvent rinse.

Crazy! Been doing it that way for years on a weekly basis but I suppose it could happen. Last couple years I just been buying new pipe when the one I'm using gets plugged. I have a 5 gallon bucket 1/4 way full of dirty glass lol

I hope you live in a "legal" state. Or, at least, are never busted. In some states, each of those dirty bowls would be an additional paraphernalia charge (and possibly a charge for the "marijuana product" that has clogged them up). And that would SUCK.

Legal here!

Glad to read that. I'm in a state that's sort of legalized, for medicinal use, if one has a very limited subset of the many things that cannabis has long been demonstrated to be a viable medicine for treating, and finds the right doctor (also a rather small subset of the whole :rolleyes3 ), and pays no small amount of money, and jumps through 32,768 various hoops, and successfully demonstrates the ability to place one's elbows in one's own ears, and if one is willing to purchase one's cannabis - at exorbitant prices - from the relatively limited set of choices from other entities instead of growing the strains that work best for them, and...

...and buying into that whole "PAPERS! You must show your papers, please!" thing. I never was much for clicking my heels together whilst saluting...

I think we've been looking at it all wrong, folks. Home-grown - and even street-purchased - cannabis, that's not the black market stuff. It's the stuff that one is forced to buy through government-approved dispensaries that is the REAL black market cannabis. Think about it....

I soak my pipe in hot water for 20 minutes or so. Then I bring it outside, plug the carb n stick a air chuck in the bowl n blow it out with some high pressure air.

I cant wait to try this. I just bought a brand new one last month and man it hits good. Saves weed. Way more stoney. I was nursing a plugged one way too long. I broke the innards reaming it. So next time a hot water soak and an air chuck. Thanks 420!

think we've been looking at it all wrong, folks. Home-grown - and even street-purchased - cannabis, that's not the black market stuff. It's the stuff that one is forced to buy through government-approved dispensaries that is the REAL black market cannabis. Think about it.... I agree with this there the ones that overcharging for something that wee can produce cheaper / and what you need not what you want according to THEM !!

I've probably already mentioned it in this thread, since it (the thread) has been in existence for a while, but I generally just pour some salt into my glass smoking devices, then pour some alcohol in, cover the holes, and shake it for a while. It might take a few times (especially if I've been neglectful in cleaning them), but seems to work very well. Only issues are if the multiple holes are not easy to cover with one hand and, well, not keeping a really good grip on the piece whilst shaking it vigorously :rolleyes3 . Some of my glassware wouldn't survive an impact with something - and my big glass spoon might end someone if it went flying and hit them in the temple (my buddy, the first time I showed it to him, called it my personal defense bowl, LMAO) .

OMG JUST BUY THE BONG CLEANER IT TAKES SECONDS lol ALL THESE PHILOSOPHERS IN THE COMMENTS LOL

Isn't that stuff just a solvent, possibly with a little undissolved grit in it?

91% Isopropyl alcohol... 97 cents at the grocery store (solvent)
table salt... free in packets by the handful every time you spend a dollar at Taco Bell (and it cannot dissolve in alcohol - therefore, it's grit).

If it works just as well, only costs 97¢, and I don't have to walk into a head shop to buy it, lol, why would I ever go buy "bowl & pipe cleaner?" :hmmmm:

Boil them for a couple hours, put water in a pan, get it boiling place pipes, bong stems etc. any pipes etc. Metal, glass, acrylic, anything. Periodically put water in cause while it boils water evaporates. In a hour or so, take them out strain the water i use a coffee filter. Let resin dry for a couple hours then smoke it. Doing this cleans your pipes like new no resin at all.

Great idea!

resin is basically hash, its pure thc. it does burn slow, and when I strain the boiled water with the pipe. I let it dry, then as its dry cause you cant smoke anything wet. I smoke it. but were talking about this too much.

But what's left in the inside of the pipe.
Is it resin or tar or carbon?
is it worth smoking?
Has anyone got high on that?

Back
Top Bottom