How Do I Clean My Glass Pipe?

If u put boiling water and a tea spoon of ucaliptis oil shack for 1 min rinse with hot water till smell gone will look brand new evey time if its is really thick repeat excelent for hard to get to insides of bongs and pipes dont let strong smell put you off just keep rinsing in hot water its a oil so cold water will take forever

If you make it a habit of cleaning your piece at least once a week from brand new, all you need to use it hot water from the faucet. Let it run through and periodically trap it and shake. No chemicals, no extreme temps. Turns it back into clear glass every time.

^^ that's as simple as it gets and what I do. After each bowl I blow out the pipe to clear it of any material that got sucked in. Then I just rinse with hot water once a day or every other day. Otherwise resin will start seeping out the carb and smells all nasty.

Bless all of your hearts smoking resin. I can remember those dark times in between bags when I would have to bust out the paper clip and start scraping. Sometimes those resin balls were everlasting, you could smoke them for like 30 hits and then pretend to be high.

Gosh, all this talk of smoking resin is making me think about the lean times back during high school. All desperate for some weed and scraping out bowls... Ish! That crap stinks! I'll never smoke that shit on purpose again. As an adult with an income, I prefer to smoke actual pot. That's also why I chose to start growing. I'll make sure to grow enough that I'll have plenty till the next harvest. If I have extra, I'll turn it into hash and/or butter.

Gosh, all this talk of smoking resin is making me think about the lean times back during high school.

Makes me think back to being a stupid kid, when my brother - who wouldn't worry about a clean pipe until he couldn't get a hit through it (not through the screen, through the actual pipe) - would, upon occasion, offer me a nice bud to clean out his bowl. So I'd do it, spend the rest of the day pretty much constantly hitting that big ball of ready-to-install cancer :rolleyes: , and then wonder why the next day I couldn't really get high off of the bud when I tried to smoke it. Well, yeah, take a pile of that sh!t and move it from your smoking device onto every internal bit of your lungs, and it's going to cause you a little difficulty in that department until your lungs manage to slough off enough of it - but, again, stupid kid.

Now... Now I wonder if, had I avoided smoking bowl-garbage 30+ years ago, would I now be able to:
  • Hold my breath for longer than 15 seconds (just checked with a stopwatch :sad: )
  • Climb any single flight of stairs without pausing halfway up to (attempt to) catch my breath
  • Be able to walk a great distance - perhaps as much as a quarter-mile :rolleyes: - at one time and still be able to talk directly afterward
  • Have sex without wondering if I was going to die a twentieth of the way halfway through
  • Be able to get more than slightly high, for a short amount of time, off of even the highest-potency bud

Maybe, maybe not. But I'm guessing... that'd I'd be in better condition, in that regard.

If I had a kid, and I caught him smoking a joint, I'd just sit down and have a talk with him (and then, perhaps, fire it back up so that we could finish the thing). If, OtOH, I had one and caught him trying to smoke a tar-ball, well, I might just take "corporeal punishment" to a whole new level. Because I couldn't imagine having a child and not caring at least that much about his/her long-term health.

But, hey, that's just me, lol. Everyone else can do whatever they want where "resin" (tar) is concerned. After all, the planet is overpopulated anyway ;) .

I feel bad for the people here that struggle to clean their pipes... And I’ve been there before, I used to enjoy smoking the resin from my pipes soo I’d use paper clips to scrape the resin, put it on a coffee filter then freeze it soo it harden up and not suck thru the bowl, then I started to not care about resin as much, I started boil my pieces but the smell was horrid and I didn’t care for destroying pans soo started buying 420 cleanse and thought that was amazing compared to boiling... years have gone by since those methods, the only way I’ll clean a pipe now is drop it in a solo cup mouth piece facing up to allow all air out, then taking the purest isopropyl alcohol you can find (sams club usually has the good stuff) fill the cup till the whole pipe is submerged and let it sit for a couple hours then rinse it with really hot water and everything will drop right out, if you live with a septic system fill a 2 liter bottle with hot water and do your rinse outside to protect the septic system. If there’s any residue soak a q-tip in clean isopropyl and wipe it out then rinse again.. allow to dry then enjoy

wanted some piece cleaning tips, found a rollercoaster.

i find a couple hours in some goo gone automotive formula and scrubbing with a pipe cleaner effective for knocking off resin when there's no alcohol in the house. but for percolators it isn't that easy cuz you can't scrub them as much in my experience, so the salt thing seems pretty solid to me.

as for smoking resin? really? the arguments in this thread are ancient by now, but i can't believe it ever happened and then had to be argued about. wasn't all the talk back then about combustion products from cigarettes enough? TS makes good points. even if you're bone dry, respect your health and don't smoke leftover pipe resin, it's basically smoke extract with Some cannabinoids and it isn't worth it. but that's just opinions, APPARENTLY :rolleyes:

PS i feel like goo gone may not be the best to clean something you inhale hot stuff through, so the piece also gets a couple thorough washes with regular old soap and water combined with the pipe cleaners. this sounds like a lot but i like being busy so!
i got good and indica'ed right after that last post so i hope i'm still makin sense

PS i feel like goo gone may not be the best to clean something you inhale hot stuff through, so the piece also gets a couple thorough washes with regular old soap and water combined with the pipe cleaners. this sounds like a lot but i like being busy so!
i got good and indica'ed right after that last post so i hope i'm still makin sense

PBW
Powdered Brewery wash

I have forgotten the thread where it was recommended couple of weeks ago.

1/2 teaspoon with hot water cleaned all my bowls, percolator and one-hitters like new. Turns the resin into something resembling soap pieces. Not even sticky or stinky anymore.

I have found that my wife’s nail polish remover works like a charm,
Im not trying to smoke that stuff, just getting glass spotless is all lol

That makes sense; we made hash oil a few times "back in the day" with anhydrous acetone (acetone that the water has been removed from) because it'd dissolve the cannabinoids.

Not a method I'd recommend. Kind of tasted like fish and sausage to me for some reason. Buzz on, though ;) .

But, yeah, makes a good glass bowl/bong cleaner.

Rinse with hot soapy water, after remover has done its job....and is clean. No smell & no taste and clean as New.

Isopropyl alcohol. Soak for a few days and rinse with hot water. Brand new pipe after

Add salt and shake vigorously - a few days will pass by in seconds (well, maybe a minute or two). ;)

First time I used alcohol, I suddenly realized how much I’ve wasted on cleaning products over the years:confused:

Yeah, I noticed back when I was... using a lot of alcohol that I wasn't doing a great deal of housecleaning, lol.

But, to be serious for a moment: If you try the alcohol/salt/shake method, be sure to keep a good grip on your glass - otherwise, you'll be using Scrogster's solution in post #76.

Yeah, I noticed back when I was... using a lot of alcohol that I wasn't doing a great deal of housecleaning, lol.

But, to be serious for a moment: If you try the alcohol/salt/shake method, be sure to keep a good grip on your glass - otherwise, you'll be using Scrogster's solution in post #76.
Not an option! I just lost a piece that I had for over a decade...sad day, I tell ya what!

Back
Top Bottom