How Do I Clean My Glass Pipe?

If you're smoking a bong, and the stem gets clogged, and you're not getting a good hit, you can use a straw to clean it out. Just push a straw through it, and a vast majority of the resin will come out.
As to cleaning it spic and span like new again, I like to use Everclear alcohol instead of rubbing alcohol. It's stronger and does a better job.

It might be stronger, depending on one's local laws; it's bottled in 120, 151, and 190 proof strengths to serve the various market.

But, assuming the person can buy the 190 proof version, that's 95% alcohol, and the strongest isopropyl alcohol that's readily available to the public in pharmacies, grocery stores, and department stores is "only" 91% so, yes, the 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear) is stronger.

However, it's only ~4.4% stronger - and is considerably more expensive.

Gosh, all this talk of smoking resin is making me think about the lean times back during high school. All desperate for some weed and scraping out bowls... Ish! That crap stinks! I'll never smoke that shit on purpose again. As an adult with an income, I prefer to smoke actual pot. That's also why I chose to start growing. I'll make sure to grow enough that I'll have plenty till the next harvest. If I have extra, I'll turn it into hash and/or butter.

We must have gone to the same high school :high-five: I was a local expert on it.
So happy I can grow good enough now. No worries.
I just finished cleaning 3 pipes. I like to keep them in rotation of cleaning so I can soak for a couple of days if I get lazy.
Dirty bizness.

isopropyl is the alcohol we use to produce bars of resin also?
Isopropyl alcohol is a dangerous way to produce any thing you ingest. Smoke or otherwise. Be safe use ethyl alcohol. Isopropyl alcohol is poisonous. Can cause blindness and death. Ethyl alcohol is safe for consumption. EA ever clear 190 proof grain alcohol. Learned this researching how to produce drops and oils. Please be safe.

Usually I don't get chance to clean my glass accessories. I end up breaking them within a month or two. So my glass is almost always clean. Haha But when I do clean. I just soak in alcohol for 24 hours then clean with cotton swabs, pipe cleaners and hot water.

Re: smoking resin I’d have to say I found it less gross than I expected based on what I’d heard. I’m not even certain I remember it as “gross”, per se …more like just another flavor of harsh ..but sadly I always find weed to be harsh when I smoke it from a bowl, and I always smoke from a bowl. Maybe I should change that. Anyway, the high that I got from resin was excellent and quite long lasting each time, and given how desperate I was I felt seriously grateful …even though high school’s been in the rear view for a while now.

Woooow! I have never even heard of that. Very ”Roman“ sounding, lol !
PS. I was so thrilled to see that somebody replied to me! Thank you..That was my first post on here, I just signed up!
I guess you could call it that and a little bit of young, dumb and fun, but mostly young and dumb :rofl: :lot-o-toke: And you’ll love it here, it’s very family feeling, it’s almost like a second home to me, there will be help in virtually any department you could have questions in, certain members have their specialties that will step in from time to time, the biggest thing is don’t hesitate to ask questions and check the FAQ’s section briefly before doing so, often times you can find someone has already had the same question as you and there will already be an extensive thread addressing whatever the topic is, welcome to 420!

The resin contains some thc , but it has a lot of “tar in it, it’s a combustion by-product. Not real good for you, but it will give you a buzz. I prefer very hot water and pipe cleaner for stubborn stuff, toss what comes out
The resin contains some thc , but it has a lot of “tar in it, it’s a combustion by-product. Not real good for you, but it will give you a buzz. I prefer very hot water and pipe cleaner for stubborn stuff, toss what comes out of the pipe. Just my ,02.

HOT water works running in the bowl, just not down the drain!

Like back in the day as kids, we’d fill the bongs with vodka, smoke till our bag was gone, then drink the vodka, double whammy. But also very gross. Lmao
You just brought back a memory for me. :rofl: We would fill the bong with crushed ice and lime vodka. The smoke was awesome but, the vodka, tasted like old socks soaked in crap. :rofl:

You just brought back a memory for me. :rofl: We would fill the bong with crushed ice and lime vodka. The smoke was awesome but, the vodka, tasted like old socks soaked in crap. :rofl:
We spent our money on good bud, couldn’t afford decent booze, we usually used 5 o clock or mr Boston. :cough::cough:. Don’t miss those days, your description is accurate though :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom