How do I create cannabis oil for vaping?

HigherTheHigh

Can anyone help me on how I create oil for vaping as I'm looking my into turning all my stored and future bud into oils.

My friend is also wanting to do the same so if anyone has any good ways of extracting with good % yields.

I had been asking about the same thing a couple of weeks ago. My understanding is that it is best to use rosin, versus an infused oil. @Old Salt and/or @CrazyChef might have some further ideas/resources for you, as well as @Grandpa Tokin.

I recommend rosin also. It does require a way to apply heat and pressure to the bud; to squeeze out the goodness. Check out my Rosin link in my signature. It’s a long thread, but jump in anytime.

The best part is, I can dab the rosin or decarb it for edibles, or lately I’ve been making vape juice from Wax Liquidizer original (no flavor), and using it in a box vape. It works well so far. I’ve been using it fairly regularly for several weeks. I just keep making more and filling it up. I like it to be honest.

i ordered some of the ccell cartridges, ceramic atomisers designed for concentrates/waxes etc, will be trying these with some fresh rosin... when my press arrives.. still waiting ;( has only been a week so far. this week i hope lol

someone recommended the ccell in another thread, the 2.0 gauge cart is designed for thicker waxes down to 1.8 and 1.6 for runnier oils.

curious whats in the wax liquidiser gonna go check that out

ok after a quick search and google lesson on pg (never vaped and know little about the juices tbh lol) the last thing i come across is this

Editor's Note: Since the original publication of this article discussing the use of propylene glycol in personal hair products and food, the popularity of e-cigarettes has brought increased attention to this ingredient. Propylene glycol is used as one of the three main ingredients in e-cigarettes, along with nicotine and flavoring. Propylene glycol has been designated by the FDA as “generally recognized as safe,” or GRAS, for consumption; however, according to the Federal Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, "We have little information about what happens to propylene glycol in the air." The concern arises when propylene glycol is heated up and inhaled. In April 2018, the New York Times reported on the presence of formaldehyde in e-cigarettes, "E-cigs often use propylene glycol or glycerol to help transport nicotine and flavors and to create the big vapor cloud. We’ve known for a long time that when we heat these so-called carrier fluids they can transform into formaldehyde." Currently there is little research on the long-term effects of inhalation of propylene glycol through e-cigarettes.

Propylene glycol is used as an aerosol for inhalation based medications, eg. Inhalers and nebulizers. I use a temp controlled mod as I understand it the hazardous byproducts don't occur until in excess of ≈ 500°F

Back
Top Bottom