How do I germinate seeds?

Here's the method that we and our customers use:

How-to-Germinate-Seeds-Back-Rack-Card.jpg

[video=youtube;0m-U7ogioLU]
[/video]

Here's the link to the complete tutorial in How To Germinate Crop King Seeds

I hope that helps :)

Hey guys, sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot but I just joined yesterday and really don't know what I'm doing. This will be indoors and in soil in my spare room in the house. Start with just 4 plants.

This is going to be my very first attempt at growing and would like to know your thoughts. I have been doing some reading and it is overwhelming. I want to try and keep this first grow as simple as possible. This is what I have bought.

Blueberry, Purple Kush seeds. Was going to just do 2 of each to start.
Sun systems Hard Core 600 HPS ballast
Sun systems socket assembly
Plantmax 600 watt HPS 2000K bulb
Flora Nova Grow 7-4-10 liquid fertilizer
Flora Nova Bloom 4-8-7 liquid fertilizer

My plan was to soak the seeds in a cup of water for 24hrs or until I see tap roots, then put them into these little brown puck things they gave me. Then plant these puck things into a big pot with some bag of soil they have at the store, yet to buy the soil. Is there a special type of soil I should buy from them? I would like to plant in the big pot so I don't have to repot. This may all sound stupid but like I said this will be my first time attempting to grow. Once in the soil and the plant breaks the surface I was going to put the light on them for 18/6. Any tips or suggestions would be welcomed. Will this work with what I have got?

what are your plans about exhousting the hot air from your grow. do you have a inline fan and carbon filter ??? these will be nececerry

for potting soil i will pick regular grow mix from the growshop and mix this with perlite

other then thay you will still need a closed space were no light can enter and you will need small fans for air circulation.

And what size pots are you going to use and how long would you like to veg ???

Please tell us as much as possible so that we could help you better

Room size
Air
Humidity
Temp
Pot size

Are all things we would like to know

what do you do if you plan on goin hydro?? after they have sprouted u just go ahead and put em in rockwool?

You can go ahead and put them in rockwool thereafter. Although, I avoid rockwool because it is not inert (like some will claim) and I found jiffy pellets to be harmless in any situation including a bubbler (dwc) set-up. The only problem with the jiffy pellets is that they easily shed the peat if you man handle it. Here's my method (which includes the often overlooked temperature control aspect). With this method you could germinate in a meat locker , no worries:
BILL OF MATERIALS:

1-Stainless Steel Sauce Pot (Big enough to fit a 32 oz. wide mouth Ball jar)
1-25 or 50 watt small (about 6" long) submersible glass aquarium heater
1-Ranco (120 vac) temperature controller
1-Piece of a sheet of paper towel
1-Seedling Heat mat
1/4th- of a 4' x 8' x 3/4" thick sheet of white polystyrene building insulation
1-NEMA 5-15 plug (male cord cap)
2-NEMA 5-15 receptacles (female cord caps)
About 15' of 16/3 extension cord (this has a 10 amp@120vac capacity but you're only using less than .5 amps)
1-Dedicated 15 or 20 amp circuit (one of your kitchen counter receptacles will fit this bill if your place is up to code, just make sure the receptacle is dedicated by shutting off the circuit breaker and testing your kitchen counter receptacles with your toaster or something else convenient)
1-Roll of FlexFix tape (you only need a little bit of the roll )
Some water
Some seeds

Wire the Ranco temperature controller to the 16/3 cord and male plug. Don't plug it in yet. Wire the Normally Open contact of the Ranco controller to a twin female receptacle (the 2 NEMA 5-15 receptacles). Build an oversize "shoebox" out of the white foam insulation that barely fits the sauce pot (3/4 full with water and the sealed mason jar floating in it with just enough water on the folded piece of paper towel enveloping your seeds but don't put the seeds in yet just the paper towel and water) and the seedling heating mat underneath the sauce pot
but within the foam shoebox. Make sure you finish the edges of the foam shoe box sides with tape so the thing doesn't keep shedding foam bits all over the place.
Immerse the aquarium heater in the sauce pot. Plug in the glass heater and set it to max. Plug in the seedling heating mat (you plug both of these into the temperature controlled receptacles of course).Seal everything with tape so that it is fully closed but easy to open. Wait for the temp to reach 78f. Open the lid of the foam box. Open the sealed mason jar with moist warm paper towel piece. Drop seeds in. Put mason jar back in water. Seal it all up and then just for fun use truck loads of liquid nitrogen to freeze the room down to -30c or something . Keep the room an ice palace for 3 days.
Open the box and retrieve your germinated seeds.

People, hello! Im starting a diary right now. My 4 seeds on rockwool have come out of the cube, so, my question is if i can already put it on the perlite of my hidroponic system. Can somebody help me?

Help! crop king seeds said to NOT use a seedling mat after I killed like 3 seeds, two more are currently waiting to pop. I used a seedling mat thinking it's ok using a thermostat set to 74F degrees. So is it definitely not ok? I assume so but maybe my water is no good. MY TDS says 135 ppm, 7.4 pH. So did the Mat kill 3 seeds on me? one popped, but didn't germ in the paper towel. Help! first time indoor
grow.

Help! crop king seeds said to NOT use a seedling mat after I killed like 3 seeds, two more are currently waiting to pop. I used a seedling mat thinking it's ok using a thermostat set to 74F degrees. So is it definitely not ok? I assume so but maybe my water is no good. MY TDS says 135 ppm, 7.4 pH. So did the Mat kill 3 seeds on me? one popped, but didn't germ in the paper towel. Help! first time indoor
grow.

How to Germinate Cannabis Seeds - Tested and Proven Method - YouTube
Just follow these simple instructions and u virtually have 100% germ rate. I do every time and i only germ 1 seed at a time with my grows.

Try my spongermation method in my Indoor Grow's post, it has a better success than the paper towel method

I'll have to try that. It makes sense to have a sponge since it retains more water than a paper towel. I have always done the paper towel and it seems I'm always going back to add more water to the towel.

Hi guys am new here I germinated my seed in paper towel have grown for awhile but have switched to hydroponics so after germinating I put them in rockwool cubes in a dome under a 2 foot 4 light t5 light should i go 24 hours till they sprout also will be switching them to my led setup after words thanks

My two seeds have germinated and sprouted. Now what do I do?!

Your going to want to plant those seeds asap and get them under an 24/0 or 18/6 photoperiod to begin the seedlings vegetative growth stage of life. After the seedling has sprouted begin to dose your nutrients to it two to four weeks after.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I want to do them in dirt. I started 2 seeds just an experiment. I'm a gardener so I have lights. They are in seed starting soil now under regular lights. Just overwhelmed by all the info

Sent from my Nexus 6P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Being a gardener, as you put it, is one thing. But cultivating cannabis is a whole diff ballgame than growing tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. No offense. There is so much that goes into completing a successful grow. I read up for 6 months before attempting.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom