how do i keep my plant low?

fallan12

Ok im growing in a cabnit and have very littlw room to get my plant to grow upwards and am having a question on how I can keep the plant low to the the ground loke a bush but still get its full potential can u give me some advice. :thanks:

Re: how do i keep my plant low??

Ok im growing in a cabnit and have very littlw room to get my plant to grow upwards and am having a question on how I can keep the plant low to the the ground loke a bush but still get its full potential can u give me some advice. :thanks:

Hey man! Ideally if you are growing in a tight space Indicas are very good for that. If this is more of a stealth op, or whatever the case, Autoflowering seeds would be ideal for that. Now the question is how much space do you have? Your plant needs to be 12 inches tall before it is mature enough to flower, so remember you at the very least need a foot of vegged growth before you can flower. Most strains will either double or triple their height in flowering as well!

Hi fallan12 and welcome to the best site online for raising cannabis awareness and fighting cannabis prohibition :420: :welcome:

What you're talking about is some form of training. There are lots of methods and techniques you can use. High-stress training, Low-stress training, topping, etc. Topping is probably the easiest to do. I suggest you check out a few grow journals. If you want to see some really extreme examples of what can be accomplished by training be sure to check out Light Addict's stuff. Amazing.

If you need any help navigating or using the site try the New Member Start Links thread, it has a lot of great tips for using and navigating the site.

:peace:

Hey man! Ideally if you are growing in a tight space Indicas are very good for that. If this is more of a stealth op, or whatever the case, Autoflowering seeds would be ideal for that. Now the question is how much space do you have? Your plant needs to be 12 inches tall before it is mature enough to flower, so remember you at the very least need a foot of vegged growth before you can flower. Most strains will either double or triple their height in flowering as well!

Height has nothing to do with maturity, time is the factor governing maturity.

Well these pics r in another thread but I guess they will help u too so here is lst methods I use on atomic norther lights (they usually like Christmas tree style but I need a atomic mommy) then the other is white widow and Luke sky walker. The atomic has nine tops with just pinching and bending, it's a VERY short woman and, and the others r in the process of developing 5-7 tops that could mature into as much as 10-14, but once again they r going to be moms for cloning. Just pinch the main stem to losen the fibers then gently bend and tie down for a couple days you will give lower stems a chance to rise to the canopy also causing the plant to dwarf and become a fat bush. Not all strains like this many tops so research ur strain because some strains will end up dividing the yield rather than charge the front line full force so to speak.
image11953.jpg
image11954.jpg
image11956.jpg
image11955.jpg

I personally do not like autos at all. I went that route for my first grow and was sorely disappointed. The buds were loose as a goose and took a lot longer to mature than they tell you. Plus the phenos were all different. You can get all sorts of regular (light-cycle dependent) hybrid strains that will grow to a short stature. Plus, autos, although they can be topped, the window is very short - imo within the first 3 weeks or so of growth and you only get to do it once or twice.

Back
Top Bottom