How do I lower pH in Sohum living soil?

FourTwoZero420

I am using Sohum living soil just add water i test the ph of the runoff today and it was about 7.89 it needs to be around 6.5, i always water her with water ph'd at 6.5-6.8 to lower the soil ph do i need to water her with water at a lower ph level or what do i need to do?

oh, i thought it was a living soil and it didnt matter... I guess they do have a nutrient system that goes with it too... are you running that? Anyway, think of your container like a coffee percolator... the more soil the water goes through, the more sediment it brings out with it. This is why your pH risis. It is nothing to worry about... pure physics. Runoff pH in soil is meaningless and has nothing to do with the pH of the soil. You should not even worry about the pH of that soil... it is not something you can easily adjust. Just make sure you adjust to the pH they say that you need to with every fluid that hits the sohum, and it should work just fine.

oh, i thought it was a living soil and it didnt matter... I guess they do have a nutrient system that goes with it too... are you running that? Anyway, think of your container like a coffee percolator... the more soil the water goes through, the more sediment it brings out with it. This is why your pH risis. It is nothing to worry about... pure physics. Runoff pH in soil is meaningless and has nothing to do with the pH of the soil. You should not even worry about the pH of that soil... it is not something you can easily adjust. Just make sure you adjust to the pH they say that you need to with every fluid that hits the sohum, and it should work just fine.
It is a living soil i just read up on it on there website it says no need to ph your medium but on the bag it says water ph 6.5 so I'm gyessing you just water at 6.5 and the ph of the soil doesnt matter like you said thank you for your help

I just started my first organic grow using Sohum. You are supposed to use RO ph'd water to feed with NO RUN OFF...
If you are watering and having run off back off on your watering or you will wash away all of the nutrients and amendments, then your plants will have deficiencies. The point of Sohum soil is water only for life of the plants, Veg through flower.

Also I spoke with a Rep from Sohum. He told me to use 5 gallons of soil for every foot of height you want your plants to grow to. I have already potted up my plants at 2 weeks from seed, into 15 gallon cloth pots. I have 4 -15 gallon pots in a 3' x 3' tent, I am making a 4 plant scrog.

My last grow was hydro using coco and Advance nutes, feeding to 20% run off. That is when checking run off came in handy for me...

Yes 5 gallons of soil per foot... Water only from seed to harvest.

And yes it is tight. but they do fit

GDI 5 gallons per foot??? That’s crazy...I’ve grown many 6-7’ plants in a 5 gallon pot

4 x 15’s in a 3’x3’ is tight...I have troubles with 4 x 10’s in a 4’x4’

This ^^^ I have to bend my plants over in a 7' high space.

Water only - yes can water until run off - leave soil container sit in the water runoff. The plant will drink it back up along with any supposed nutrients that "flushed" out. lol

That doesn't happen btw - nutrients don't get washed out of the soil.
The sohum guy trying to sell you more soil.

Your 15 gal cloth pots can be re-used with the same soil for next round.

While your plants are in VEG - check out "No-till" GOP grows no-till as do I.

This plant stretched into light @7' in a 7.5gal pot.

Maybe the Sohum guy meant for every GAL = 1 foot of height?? Prolly a little closer I'm thinking.

I just started my first organic grow using Sohum. You are supposed to use RO ph'd water to feed with NO RUN OFF...
If you are watering and having run off back off on your watering or you will wash away all of the nutrients and amendments, then your plants will have deficiencies. The point of Sohum soil is water only for life of the plants, Veg through flower.

Also I spoke with a Rep from Sohum. He told me to use 5 gallons of soil for every foot of height you want your plants to grow to. I have already potted up my plants at 2 weeks from seed, into 15 gallon cloth pots. I have 4 -15 gallon pots in a 3' x 3' tent, I am making a 4 plant scrog.

My last grow was hydro using coco and Advance nutes, feeding to 20% run off. That is when checking run off came in handy for me...
How are the plants looking? Heard this stuff is bomb.

How are the plants looking? Heard this stuff is bomb.

Looking good so far, i'm only 4 weeks from seed, starting to take off now. Seems to easy after my last grow in coco.

Hi peeps.
I have just started a grow with sohum and have done every thing you are suposed to, growing fastbuds auto blackberry. And almost 3 weeks in im getting lime green pale new growth with brown spots spreading to all leaves! There not happy at all with something. Temps are 25 and humidity 45-50. Running 600w leds viparspectra.
DSC_0451.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0452.JPG
    DSC_0452.JPG
    452 KB · Views: 171
Yes i have used 24h dechlorinated tap water, and in small doses, just enough to keep the soil moist. Im really stump as to what could be wrong? Most threads i have read about sohum are possitive.

Yes i have used 24h dechlorinated tap water, and in small doses, just enough to keep the soil moist. Im really stump as to what could be wrong? Most threads i have read about sohum are possitive.
sitting tap water out does not get rid of the choramine. It will not evaporate. This chlorine product has probably killed off a lot of the microlife in your sohum and without that, none of the nutrients in the soil can be converted into a form that the plants can use. To remove chloramine, put one vitamin c tablet (ascorbic acid) in a bathtub sized container of water and stir well... the chlorine and chloramine will drop out to the bottom of the tub.
To fix this grow you need to stop keeping the soil moist. Weeds do not like moist. Let the soil dry out completely all the way to the bottom, so much that you can not feel any water weight if you lift the container. Drying out completely sucks oxygen down through the top of the soil, all the way to the bottom roots. Stop giving bad water. Hopefully there is enough microlife left that it will multiply and repopulate that soil. Adding a product such as Voodoo Juice, FF Big Bloom, or RealGrowers Recharge will help to recharge the microlife and get you back on track.

I am almost two weeks into flower now, using Sohum & Quantum boards.. Things could not look any better in my garden! I am using Reverse osmosis water on my plants. Grow is going way better than I could have imagined.

Thanks so much for the info & advise!
So its a myth that the chlorine/chloramine evaporates?!?
So then if i fill my bath tub with water, then add the vit C tablet, give a god stir, then should i take water from the top half and store in container for watering?
Many thanks

Thanks so much for the info & advise!
So its a myth that the chlorine/chloramine evaporates?!?
So then if i fill my bath tub with water, then add the vit C tablet, give a god stir, then should i take water from the top half and store in container for watering?
Many thanks
yes, that would work just fine. Chlorine does evaporate, and it gets expensive to keep supplying the community water supply. They found that they could lock Chlorine up with Ammonia to make Chloramine, and it stays stable and will not evaporate.
Please read how to properly water too... that is actually your biggest problem because the chlorine could not have killed off all of the microlife unless it was swimming pool strength.

Back
Top Bottom