How do I make pollen? Have I made pollen?

egger

420 Member
Hello all,

I need some advice with regards to making viable pollen.

I have attempted to make some pollen from a feminized Gorrilla Bomb Photoperiod plant and a Fastbuds Pineapple Express autoflower. I used colloidal silver to turn the girls, but for some reason, both plants seem to be pollen-less.

I used the correct ppm of CS (30 to 50ppm once or twice a day), and I probably sprayed them for a week or two after the sacs formed.

Everything looked well, but for some reason, the flowers when they open up seem to have no pollen. I tap the branch (see photo's), but all that falls is the flower itself and the banana like pods. If possible, I do not want to have to run another set of plants to get pollen, but if i must, then some advice in this forum would be very welcome.

My question for now though, is whether i can harvest pollen from the 'pods' that i already have? Please let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks
Egger

Attachments

• IMG_7198.JPG
    IMG_7198.JPG
    430 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_7199.JPG
    IMG_7199.JPG
    493 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_7201.JPG
    IMG_7201.JPG
    465.8 KB · Views: 208
Chris,
The CS is new. Both strains have produced the same type of flower, so i'm sure i have done something wrong. I think i'll have to throw these plants and start again unless someone has ideas for extracting pollen from what i have. Next time, i'll treat the males a little better and make sure they have more than enough light and food. I'm guessing this was my downfall this grow.

Chris,
The CS is new. Both strains have produced the same type of flower, so i'm sure i have done something wrong. I think i'll have to throw these plants and start again unless someone has ideas for extracting pollen from what i have. Next time, i'll treat the males a little better and make sure they have more than enough light and food. I'm guessing this was my downfall this grow.
Don't think u did anything wrong , CS isn't fool proof at all

I started mine with CS two weeks prior to flip, I flipped like two days ago. think see some male growth but not sure yet, hopefully soon

Just out of curiosity, did you begin the treatments before your plants began producing any flowers? What with the limited lifespan of auto-flowering cannabis plants and all (under normal conditions), I would worry about having waited too long if I waited until I started seeing female flowers before I started spraying.

May not be a factor, IDK. I've never reversed an auto (and when I did photoperiodic plants years ago, I used STS instead of CS, so I'm not real familiar with that, anyway)..

Back
Top Bottom