How Do I Quick-Dry My Buds?

Decarboxylation, don't go over 300 with the oven. Will start to burn off thing you want. That's why don't put it at 450 imo.
I'd say 300 is also way too hot. I decarb at 220 degrees for 50 minutes. Comes out PERFECT. Too hot is the mistake most people make.

Heat Mat that you grow your seeds on, put a couple of layers of paper towel on your heat mat with a piece of paper towel on top and half an hour your buds will be dried if you cut them up fine, if you don't cut them up finely you will have to turn the bud occasionally until there dried.

In my opinion growing them is only half the battle, now you have to dry and cure them. I hang them until they are crisp to the touch and the stem will snap. After this I have two tried glass jars or a paper bag and found no difference. Cut all the buds off and discard or. Now place them in a jar/bag, leave for 24 hours and open. You will have found that all the crackley dry texture of the buds are gone and now any moisture throughout the bud has evened itself out. Leave jar/bag open for an hour, then repeat in 24 hours. After a minimum of 4 weeks but preferably 6 weeks, you will have perfectly cured buds, no chlorophyll taste, this is the cut grass green flavour that happens if you don't hang them in darkness for 2 weeks. All your left with is that beautiful flavour that Shiva intended. Hope this helps , Ben

You were giving them a slow dry? Do the opposite...

In my opinion growing them is only half the battle, now you have to dry and cure them. I hang them until they are crisp to the touch and the stem will snap. After this I have two tried glass jars or a paper bag and found no difference. Cut all the buds off and discard or. Now place them in a jar/bag, leave for 24 hours and open. You will have found that all the crackley dry texture of the buds are gone and now any moisture throughout the bud has evened itself out. Leave jar/bag open for an hour, then repeat in 24 hours. After a minimum of 4 weeks but preferably 6 weeks, you will have perfectly cured buds, no chlorophyll taste, this is the cut grass green flavour that happens if you don't hang them in darkness for 2 weeks. All your left with is that beautiful flavour that Shiva intended. Hope this helps , Ben
Same process for snall amounts lije an ouce or 2?

When I was younger and didn’t care about the negative effects of the buds not properly cured I’d take a desk lamp that bent and would set it over a few buds I wanted to smoke, would take a couple hours and as stated before if you overdried them sticking them in a jar for a tiny bit will help bring the moisture out of the middle of the bus.. if I were to do that I’d prefer to overdry a little then jar it up for a little bit

The only reason to quick dry buds is to be able to smoke some and get "medicated" Therefor the quickest method is nuking them. Sure it'll taste like crap and if you smoke too much the chlorophyll will give you a headache, but it will get you there. Certainly, no one is trying to quick try their entire crop or even drying more than a few days worth (why have nasty "quick-dry" buds on hand once the rest of it has cured?).
There is no "Quick" method that will get rid of the fresh chlorophyll so you might as well do it the quickest way and be done with it.

nappies/diapers .. rice .brown paper .. this is after hanging for 3/4 days though , not super fast but safer fast speeds it up without being to harsh or getting mold going too slow

P1070051.JPG
P1070053.JPG
P1070060.JPG
P1070061.JPG
P1070093.JPG
P1070100.JPG
P1070057.JPG
P1070059.JPG
P1070066.JPG

First, this is an experiment. I am drying 99% of my harvest traditionally. If you are happy you would never try this, I find your methods of deriving happiness quite sad.

Experimentation is fun. Science and stuff!

We all know that in almost all cases commercial cannabis producers do not dry and cure cannabis the same way hobbyists and home growers do.

I've read a bit on commercial drying rooms and they like to keep temps and humidity in certain ranges that vary.

I bought a very low temperature dehydrator capable of handling herbs, seeds, spices and so on. People have claimed to get a near perfect dry/snap/smell/flavor running a 96 hour cycle. It'll run at 70°-90°F.

When complete, straight to Ball jars with hygrometers and 62% Bovedas for regular burping, etc.

Why all this trouble just to do it in 4 days instead of 5-7?

Well, for one, if it actually drys it better than I can hanging in my tent, then its a win. If it doesn't I have a new food dehydrator that I am already using for other stuff.

2666.jpg

hey i want to add somthing to this i have a goood good way of doing this myself

ok its basicly the toaster oven method but see u dont have to set it on low

i used a shoe box on top of my toaster oven and just toss what ever in close the top set the timer to brown toast and wait i like the shoe box method cause its not metal and it warms it rather then scortches it but u cant be an idiot cuz shoe box catch on fire people i called a scientist and he confirmed they ar emade of some kind of papper stock that burns pretty good , lol
Will a cardboard shoe box burn? You had to call a scientist to find this out?

if you reallly need a bud, cut up into decent size nug, put on a coffee filter, then put that into a peice of aluminum foil, like a tent. Put on bread toaster for 15 seconds, turn off toaster, let the foil sit there for 30mins, DO the process again, and again, usually 5 to six rounds, you will have a pretty decent dryed bud to smoke. dont forget you pressed the toaster down and walk away,lol. Just 15 seconds to heat it up is all that is needed.

let me add, the fiol should be about 10inch by10 inch, fold like a boat, or tray, then put filter in it, then bud, then filter over the bud, then fold the foil up and crimp on top, enclosed, but not sealed, letting a vent is good.

I loved the car window method mentioned above and will try it. I personally use the brown bag and computer fan method for drying. Just put some buds in the bag and leave them for a few days. Then, keep them on a towel and place in front of the computer fans. Turn the buds after every 15 minutes and get dried buds in one or two hours.

Back
Top Bottom