How Do I Use Individual Pots w/ Hydrotron In A Flood Table?

ACGrow, can you even flower directly from seed? ive never heard of that method, and i actually didnt think it would even work lol the plants cant be more than like 8 inches tall when your done? thats weird... but let me know, even though i only use seeds for mothers ;)

Caber, right on dude thanks for the heads up. my set up will look like yours but without hydrotron all in the tray, at least to start with. i guess ill see how everything goes with the setup ive figured out via everyones help (thanks again!!) and my own general knowledge of growin. obviously top notch buds have been grown in every form of hydro medium and in every type of hydro system, so no one can give me ONE, or even a few "right" answers, its all relative to each persons own hydro experience, and im ready to start having mine :cheer:

so as of now, 4x4 tray, nine 2gal pots filled with hydrotron, and well-rooted clones (rooted in plugs) placed directly in the grow rocks, no rw at all. im not gonna cover the table or tops of the pots and ill see where that gets me, adjustments can/will be made throughout as i consider this grow nothing more than a TRIAL. it will be sad taking a step backwards from the bomb soil nugs ive gotten good at growing to lean a whole new method but im a fast learner and i know once i figure it out the results will trip me out! lol

thanks again to everyone who added to this thread!! be sure to check for my FIRST grow journal in 2 or 3 weeks when i get everything up and running, cant wait to bother everyone with more qustions! :grinjoint: peace

anyone else find it funny that ive been callin it hydroTRON this whole thread instead of hydroTON? lol i just realized ive been callin it by the wrong name forever when i had to buy my first bag of it the other day haha man thats good shit... peace dudes!!

anyone else find it funny that ive been callin it hydroTRON this whole thread instead of hydroTON? lol i just realized ive been callin it by the wrong name forever when i had to buy my first bag of it the other day haha man thats good shit... peace dudes!!

You mean like the PhotoTron just with a built in hydro setup ....lol I actually never noticed.

Re: HOW DO I USE INDIVIDUAL POTS w/ HYDROTRON IN A FLOOD TABLE?

I use 6X6X7 Square Grow Pots there work great, you can grow large plants in them no problem.
I agree. My entire setup is now based upon 6x6 square pots. This also enables me to move plants around as I see fit. I use an Emily's Garden (Cheap, and designed to neatly hold six 6x6 square pots. Incedently, this can be converted to a drip system with ease). I can veg 6 mothers in it, start clones and generally move pots from upstairs to downstairs easily. Downstairs is a Baby Bloomer Ebb and Flow. It hold ten 6x6 square pots. I'm going to try a scrog grow utilizing all ten sites. This is my first ebb and flow system. I'm flooding every two hrs for five minutes ONCE it begins to overflow. Total time is about 8.5 minutes 9 times a day:peacetwo:

Evolution Of A GrowCab-From The School of hard Knocks
Grow Cab Ventilation Redesign-All About Heat

DSCF8410.JPG

Two questions Mister Peabody

Where did you find the square pots and what is the seed/clone in before you put it into the hydroton. The reason I ask the second part is because when I start in Rockwell cubes and then transplant to the pots, if I flood too often the plants suffer symptoms of over watering from the rockwool always being soaked.

Just curious.

Two questions Mister Peabody

Where did you find the square pots and what is the seed/clone in before you put it into the hydroton. The reason I ask the second part is because when I start in Rockwell cubes and then transplant to the pots, if I flood too often the plants suffer symptoms of over watering from the rockwool always being soaked.

Just curious.

The square pots I got from the local hydro shop. I agree on the rockwool. I feel it holds far too much water, and can root rot in short order. On cloning and seedlings. Conventionally, if I am growing by seed, I use those expanding coco plugs. Once the plant has rooted, I remove the plug from the tray and rinse the coco away from the roots. I then place the cutting in expanded clay. If I am cloning, I either use fogponics or aeroponics spray method. Once rooted, I place in expanded clay as well.:smokin:

Evolution Of A GrowCab-From The School of hard Knocks
Grow Cab Ventilation Redesign-All About Heat
Deep Water Culture with Fogponic Contruction

yea, square pots are sold at most any garden center. You shouldn't have an overwatering problem if your only cloning in the 1.5" or 2" rockwool cubes. If your throwing cubes any larger than that into pots with expanded clay pellets your gonna have watering issues. In that case I would recommend replacing the rocks with a substrate which holds more water or just using rockwool all the way thru.

Back
Top Bottom