How do I use the FIM technique on my plant?

I have not utilized it myself for an actual grow. To me it is too risky and unpredictable. I like straight up topping my ladies. I've done quite a few now and I'm very comfortable with the process off topping and training. With fimming I'd need to rethink my strategies. But a good challenge is always good for a learning experience. Check out my journals and whatnot and see what I'm talking about. Always a pleasure GGstar :Namaste:

KiG :green_heart:cheers
I always try new experiment for training, waiting on my beans or clones to grow so I can try to mainline grow this time. I love that technique it makes huge yeild.

Sent from my Robin using 420

Not sure if anyone will read this... I'm dropping in a few months after this was written... great info and I tried to follow it to a T...relatively easy as it is written!! .. The only question I have is, once you start your LST is there a cycle(time) like the karate kid? LST on, LST off? 6 hours on 6 hours off? I'm trying to take advantage of the FIM and am going to start training... I've seen so many different versions! Lol great community! Thanks in advance if anyone replies!

I'll answer my own question...lol! I started LST on both my plants and attempted to FIM them... I missed... lol! I stunted the top cola growth and it really bushed out on me! I'll try again on my next one and maybe hit it! As far as LST... I tied them down and kept adjusting/tightening and moving into the location I wanted... I just flipped them to flower and will use a screen in a week or two and continue to train like that until harvest! .

I'll answer my own question...lol! I started LST on both my plants and attempted to FIM them... I missed... lol! I stunted the top cola growth and it really bushed out on me! I'll try again on my next one and maybe hit it! As far as LST... I tied them down and kept adjusting/tightening and moving into the location I wanted... I just flipped them to flower and will use a screen in a week or two and continue to train like that until harvest! .

Good call. I've never fimmed a plan as of yet. I mainly do autos so far. But I do alot of LST on them to maximize my space and that's exactly what I do. Stake them down and move them accordingly as they stretch. The stem will strengthen and you can eventually take them out. But during veg, just leave them in and move them when she stretches :bravo::goodjob:

Smoke green and prosper :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom