How do I vent my new 6x6 tent? Air-cooled 1000w

RandomtasK

I have a 6x6 tent coming soon for an air cooled 1000w hps, but I still have a couple of questions about ventilation. This is my first grow, but I am hoping to create a dialed environment before moving forward. My questions are:

1. Do I need to vent my hood seperately? I could have an inline fan moving air straight through the hood and out of the window, and then have another fan and filter pulling air out of the tent. I would prefer not to do this Becuase it is more expensive, and more noticeable with venting out of my spare bedroom window. Is this how people often set up ventilation with air cooled reflectors?

2. If not, will the following setup keep my tent cool enough? Down low I will have ducting leading to my window ac, and up top I would have filter>hood>fan>vent so that I am pulling through. I am getting a 6" fan and filter combo 500cfm. My concern is the ambient room temp here in Arizona. If its 80 degrees in the room, venting hot air through
Won't be very much help.

3. Do I need a climate controller? How often do people keep their fans running? Should I assume put the inline fan on a timer for 12 on at night, and then maybe 11am to 3pm for the hot part of the day? Maybe also put the ac on a timer.

Is there anything I haven't though of? I am worried my environment is going to create a disaster. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Keep extraction/exhaust fan running 24/7 alway good to have moving air in growing area... :thumb:

Some growers get away with... carbon filter > bit of ducting > air cooled hood > some more ducting > inline fan > more ducting to exhaust out let some where else !

Some others may use... intake ducting > air cooled hood > ducting > inline fan > ducting to out let of exhaust...

Its knowing your growing enviroment inside & out side to what you can get away with... its quite a complex issue when ya think about it !

Ac/air conditioning may help in warmer months if you have a seperate control for that room & being a reasonable sealed enviroment !

Hot air rise's, cold air sinks... gives ya hint on intake/extraction points... leading to intake points for coolest air required to alter temps to a suitable level to allow growing in suitable coniditions...

Thanks for the reply, I think I will go with the first solution you offered for my tent. The 500 Cfm fan should be perfect for pulling everything through up at the top. I will set my ac to turn on and cool the bedroom temp if needed. Does anybody have a creative idea for hiding ducting out of a bedroom window?

gravity close dryer vent,strip of plastic or plywood cut around exterior of vent pipe should be able to close window to seal. maybe some caulking to make vent stick to wood or plastic.maybe also use foam stickie tape to seal edges of plywood or plastic inside window lip. just thinkin'

Back
Top Bottom